JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning sleepy heads!

I'm scheduled for a 6 mile recovery run today.  Two recovery days in a row.  I love tapering!  I was supposed to do an interval run on Wednesday but it looks like we have a winter storm coming.  I declared winter over, so I don't know how this is happening.  Smile

Coffee and Nuun time.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  7 miles at easy pace for me today.  My neck of the woods hasn't seen more than an inch or two of snow all winter but it looks like Mother Nature may have the last laugh on us.  The early forecast says anywhere from 2-10 inches are headed out way Wednesday. A nice distraction from tapering I guess?

Have a great day all. Back later for personals.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

morning Scott and Julia

rest day, and cross fit

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

8.12 in the snow and freezing drizzle.....for the THIRD day in a row.

Julia--have a good six.  I would like to declare winter over when temps come close to 40....which they are now.  However, I have seen snow on the ground here until early May.

Scott--We are probably in the 60-inch range...enjoy your run

Jodi--you deserve a RD from running

Swamped at work....it's Monday

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me.  Vet visit after work.  The joys of kitten motherhood!  If I have time, I'll do a short 2-3 recovery run.

Julia, enjoy your recovery run.  BTW, you can take me off for Sunday.  I really don't want to run a HM this weekend.  Wait, who said that?

Scott, enjoy your 7.

Jojo, enjoy the XT.

marco, nice run.

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Monday (if there is such a thing).

Julia...Double recovery?  It really is taper time.  I'm going to be very jealous of you taperers and post marathon runners this week.  We may get some of that storm too, and I as well declared winter over.

Scott...I guess just one real storm isn't that bad right?  It's still be better not to get it!  Have a good 7.

Jodi...Have a good day of rest...hope you're not feeling too sore.

Marco...Nice work getting out for the somewhat unpleasant 8.

Docket...Hope your rest day is nice and that all is well at the vet.  You taking a race off the calendar as opposed to adding one just seems so odd!

Jack...Thanks for the tips about the downhill running.  I don't do any of that; I lean back, ease up, and take these choppy little half step things.  I do work on it when I have downhills, so I'll just have to keep at it I guess.  Your club and group sounds great.  I hope I can eventually get something similar with our running store.  Unfortunately, they seem to focus a lot more on trail racing and only have a very elite road team (I think there's maybe 4 stores in OH, so the team is combined).  What you said about buying shoes makes sense too.  I feel guilty any time I don't get something from the store, because they do a lot.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Hello everyone, haven't been on since Friday.  Been busy redoing my web site to use Google's GDrive instead of my own domain.  Did 5 easy on Saturday, 12 pretty easy on Sunday and 5 on the treadmill this morning.  Looks like good weather for tomorrow's 2 mile intervals at HMP.  This bad cold/windy snap may finally be over.

Bad Ass

I know!  But I am not in the mood to wake up at 4am to do a race on a distance I don't like when I can get up and run at home.  I love racing but lately, nothing but marathons intrigue me.  Bah.  I must be sick.

Happy Monday (if there is such a thing).

Julia...Double recovery?  It really is taper time.  I'm going to be very jealous of you taperers and post marathon runners this week.  We may get some of that storm too, and I as well declared winter over.

Scott...I guess just one real storm isn't that bad right?  It's still be better not to get it!  Have a good 7.

Jodi...Have a good day of rest...hope you're not feeling too sore.

Marco...Nice work getting out for the somewhat unpleasant 8.

Docket...Hope your rest day is nice and that all is well at the vet.  You taking a race off the calendar as opposed to adding one just seems so odd!

Jack...Thanks for the tips about the downhill running.  I don't do any of that; I lean back, ease up, and take these choppy little half step things.  I do work on it when I have downhills, so I'll just have to keep at it I guess.  Your club and group sounds great.  I hope I can eventually get something similar with our running store.  Unfortunately, they seem to focus a lot more on trail racing and only have a very elite road team (I think there's maybe 4 stores in OH, so the team is combined).  What you said about buying shoes makes sense too.  I feel guilty any time I don't get something from the store, because they do a lot.

Blog

jojo61397

X-training cancelled.  DS fell on his scooter, woke up this morning not able to walk.  We have been at the ER 3 hours.  Thinking it's either a severely bruised knee cap or torn ligament.  No training yet...

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Bad Ass

Ouch, Jodi.  Hope he feels better.

Blog

jojo61397

Thanks D, it's a bruised knee cap, as of right now.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

jackdyl11

Just planning on 6 very easy today to take it safe.  My legs are a bit stiff but nothing hurts more than anything else.  Jodi, I hope your son feels better.  A bruised knee cap doesn't sound too bad but it must be pretty severe if he can't walk.

PressingOn

Hi all!  Well, I can move today.  Sort of.  Smile  My back and shoulder are pretty sore.  I'm assuming because of my fall yesterday.  Boo hiss.  I'm also exhausted as post marathon insomnia struck again despite trying to knock myself out with meds last night.  Dh's cold was bothering him after his run and he couldn't sleep either.  2:00 a.m. and we were two sorry saps talking when we'd have rather been sleeping.

Dd is home today.  She said her tummy hurt and she had phlegm.  It's one of those days were I'm not sure.  She threw up yesterday so it is possible she's sick but I still think she's more tired than anything.  She ate awful all weekend which is why I think her stomach bothered her.  Playing it safe and kept her home.  Too tired to argue anyway.

I have a 25 minute walk with some light stretching scheduled today.  It's a beautiful sunny day today.  Race day weather was about perfect yesterday too.  High's in the upper 40's and partly sunny skies.  With the shade from the tree's it was awesome.  Oh, guess what I did.  I don't even know if I want to confess.  Know how I left my phone in the bathroom stall?  Winds up I left my sunglasses from Disneyland in there too.  Roll eyes They were my favorites for running. Cry  I blame it on the migraine.  It must have messed with my head/memory.

Jodi - Congrats on your awesome PR!!  So sorry about ds and the long wait at the ER.  Hope he's okay.

Scott - Enjoy your 7 miles today and I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of this group. I too consider everyone here a friend.

Swift - Good job on the 10K and AG! Sounds like it was a tough course.

SIAR - Running today? Yes, I'm a maniac now. I've been confirmed. Waiting on my number.

Julia - Enjoy your 6 miles and your taper. Ocular Migraines are a pain but they don't hurt.  For me, they start out as a blurry, distorted, dancing, little circle in the lower left of my vision.  The circle grows and grows until it fills my entire field of vision.  It continues to grow upwards and outwards until it leaves my vision.  It usually lasts around 20 minutes, or in this case around 2 miles.  It makes seeing difficult.  If I get one while driving I have to pull over.  My dad gets them too.   Anyway, I had one from miles 8-10 approx. and miles 11-13.  It was at mile 10 I got the Tylenol because while the ocular migraine doesn't hurt, for me, it often precedes the pounding headache version.  My dad never gets the pounding headache after.  Anyway, if I get one I try to take something right away or I could be down for the count.  I was really freaked out when it happened because a full on migraine could easily derail my race.  I slowed my pace way down and made sure to hydrate and take in electrolytes a little more than my original plan.  I wound up feeling pretty good.  I think the fall helped with that as it shot me full of adrenaline!

Jackdyll - Did I miss it? How'd your race go? Didn't you have a race? And hillariously awfully is a good way to sum up my race yesterday. Lol. I had no time goal so it was easier to go with the flow and accept it for what it was. I figure I earned every little bit of that Maniac Star.

Marco - I take it you are tired of running in snow and freezing drizzle due to your use of capital letters on the word third. Good job running it again!

Damaris - Quick, feel your forehead. Do you have a fever? Not in the mood to run a hm? Lol. I'm due for a vet visit. Overdue. Cats need immunization update.

RVD - How is the hammy? Computer stuff can take up a lot of time. Hope that weather cooperates for tomorrow's run!

RVD - How is the hammy? Computer stuff can take up a lot of time. Hope that weather cooperates for tomorrow's run!

No issues with the hamstring, but I didn't to the pickups scheduled with Saturday's run or the strides with this morning's run.  I left the speed stuff alone.