Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/5/13 (Read 14 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

hill: Nice easy 5 this morning. Glad you felt good after the RD.

Scott: I have not run anywhere I couldn't find satellites at all, have had trouble staying on them around tall buildings like in NYC. Hope you enjoyed the RD and got a lot done.

marco: Nice 7.5. Glad the outside running has felt good.

jojo: Where I was living in Maine almost none of the races were chip-timed. In more populated areas more of them were, but not around me where the bigger races usually drew a couple hundred runners.So the kind of timing you describe was not unusual there. It wouldn't have bothered me unless I thought there was a problem with my time, but I never had any discrepancy. Hope you had a nice run.

Julia: Nice 6! Sounds like you'll be ready for the race Sunday.

Docket: Hope you had a nice 5. And I hope Trixie's next test comes back okay.

SIAR: Hope you feel better soon.

RVD: Hope you were able to use the track and hope the run was good.

B.S.: That sounds pretty stressful. Glad you had a nice time at the concert.

Pressing: Sorry the run was so tough, but 18 is still good. Like you said you have some other long runs still to come.

I didn't run today, did my upper-body weights and core. I stayed and drank beer longer than planned last night after the run--going to have to watch that if I want to lose weight! There are a few 20-something guys at those runs (which start from a bar) plus some of the Wednesday runs at the store who I seem to have somewhat bonded with. Sort of interesting. MTA: It is pretty awesome that they don't charge us for the beers and food (just apps, last night it was chips and some spinach dip which was pretty good). I keep thinking they will start, though, at some point, at least a nominal charge or something.

Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

JoJo, Maybe they were upset that they didn't know ahead of time?  I like Pressing's the idea of having a sign up sheet for people to sign.  I've also done a race where before the race we were told to look at the clock when we finished because as soon as you crossed, someone would hand us a piece of paper to put our name and time.  I think they used that as a double-check for the official times.

I don't know Julia...  Maybe...  They just seemed like they didn't think I knew how to time a race.

This is how we are doing it:

- Bibs are color coded.

- Volunteers at the end are handing out cards numbered 1-350 for the 5K, and 1-150 for the 10K.

- On the back of the card, you put your name and bib number, if you see the time, put the time, otherwise no big deal

- Cards are returned to volunteers where they put them in order

- Once the race is done, I look at the cards/bib numbers/names, and match them with a spread sheet.  i then do the tally.

- Clock shuts off at 9:15.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Sounds like a good idea, Jojo.  Good luck with the naysayers.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."