Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/5/13 (Read 14 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

hill: Nice easy 5 this morning. Glad you felt good after the RD.

Scott: I have not run anywhere I couldn't find satellites at all, have had trouble staying on them around tall buildings like in NYC. Hope you enjoyed the RD and got a lot done.

marco: Nice 7.5. Glad the outside running has felt good.

jojo: Where I was living in Maine almost none of the races were chip-timed. In more populated areas more of them were, but not around me where the bigger races usually drew a couple hundred runners.So the kind of timing you describe was not unusual there. It wouldn't have bothered me unless I thought there was a problem with my time, but I never had any discrepancy. Hope you had a nice run.

Julia: Nice 6! Sounds like you'll be ready for the race Sunday.

Docket: Hope you had a nice 5. And I hope Trixie's next test comes back okay.

SIAR: Hope you feel better soon.

RVD: Hope you were able to use the track and hope the run was good.

B.S.: That sounds pretty stressful. Glad you had a nice time at the concert.

Pressing: Sorry the run was so tough, but 18 is still good. Like you said you have some other long runs still to come.

I didn't run today, did my upper-body weights and core. I stayed and drank beer longer than planned last night after the run--going to have to watch that if I want to lose weight! There are a few 20-something guys at those runs (which start from a bar) plus some of the Wednesday runs at the store who I seem to have somewhat bonded with. Sort of interesting. MTA: It is pretty awesome that they don't charge us for the beers and food (just apps, last night it was chips and some spinach dip which was pretty good). I keep thinking they will start, though, at some point, at least a nominal charge or something.

Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

jojo61397

JoJo, Maybe they were upset that they didn't know ahead of time?  I like Pressing's the idea of having a sign up sheet for people to sign.  I've also done a race where before the race we were told to look at the clock when we finished because as soon as you crossed, someone would hand us a piece of paper to put our name and time.  I think they used that as a double-check for the official times.

I don't know Julia...  Maybe...  They just seemed like they didn't think I knew how to time a race.

This is how we are doing it:

- Bibs are color coded.

- Volunteers at the end are handing out cards numbered 1-350 for the 5K, and 1-150 for the 10K.

- On the back of the card, you put your name and bib number, if you see the time, put the time, otherwise no big deal

- Cards are returned to volunteers where they put them in order

- Once the race is done, I look at the cards/bib numbers/names, and match them with a spread sheet.  i then do the tally.

- Clock shuts off at 9:15.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Sounds like a good idea, Jojo.  Good luck with the naysayers.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner, INKnBURN Ambassador

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

It's always fucking hot in Miami!