Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/28/13 - Say Good-Bye to February (Read 20 times)

Julia1971

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Happy last day of February!  Wow, this month really flew by.

In true taper madness form, I woke up feeling like I might be coming down with a cold.  I first noticed I was a little congested on Tuesday.  This morning, I also have a slight headache.  I'm okay getting a cold this far ahead of race day but I'm hoping it's allergies.  I think this is usually when my mold allergy kicks in.  I'm going to take some meds and see if that helps.

I have an 8 mile maintenance run on the schedule.  Going to wait as late as possible to run it so I can get some more of that sunshine I got yesterday.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia.  I hope you feel better.  I think there is a 24 hour thing going around, so even if it's a cold, hopefully it won't last too long.

I just got back from 5 miles - slowly working my way back into shape.

It's strange - I thought I posted yesterday.  I typed one out, but most have closed the window before sending.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I only have to run 4 today, which I will probably do on my lunch break.  Busy day ahead for me so I probably won't post much.  Enjoy your day folks!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Hope that you are not getting a cold. Have a nice 8!

hill: great job with your 5.

I ended up running more than planned yesterday. My idea of running part of the marathon course sounded good, but I took a wrong turn or two and didn't end up where I thought I would. Then I made a wrong turn again trying to get to my group run, which was meeting at a different place than usual (at brewery instead of the store). So I missed the group run, but got in more miles on my own, and did find my way there in time to drink beer. I wasn't the only one who missed the run, one guy accidentally went to the location for next Thursday's run on the other side of town, then came over to drink beer too. I felt a little silly, but after accidentally running almost 21 miles, I was ready for some beer! Too late to get any pizza, though. We went to a taqueria after.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: Hope you have a nice 4.

I forgot to mention I will run 4 today also.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

2wu+8@MP+2cd this morning.  Temp was 39 and windy, but I warmed up ok after 3/4 of a mile.  Hamstring felt uncomfortable for the first couple of miles but settled down and I had no problems holding pace.  No more intervals or MP runs until next Tuesday, so that will give the hamstring some rest.  I actually have a SRD tomorrow.  Not sure what to do with myself.  Taper time is starting....

I see the local running club is going to do the Kiawah Island marathon on December 14th.  Hmmm......  It doesn't conflict with anything.  I'll have to look it up on a map.  I think it is in North Carolina.  That would give me 5 marathons for the year -- not exactly up to Docket_Rocket numbers, but still.....  I'll have to think about this one.  Price goes up $10 after today.

The local running club (Gwinnett Running Club) targets one fall marathon every year.  Last year it was Pensacola.  They rent a house on the beach and kind of live dorm style, but it certainly cuts down on the expense.  I usually just stay in a hotel though.

Edited to note that I just looked up Kiaway Island and it is in South Carolina.

jojo61397

Julia-- I <3 Taper Madness

Hilltopper-- welcome back Smile!

Scott-- Enjoy your 4 miler

NTS-- wow, LOL, hopefully the marathon isn't that convoluted

RV-- Great run this morning...

I'm doing around 6 this morning.  Taper madness for the half is on.  Going to start also increasing my carb intake.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Marco....Hope your wife's back is feeling better and that you can spend less time doing all that driving.

Julia...I actually heard that this is going to be a tough allergy season (although they seem to always say that) and that it's supposed to be starting about now.  I have a dust/mold/cat allergy myself.  Regardless of what it is, I sure I agree that now is the time to get it and get it through your system!

Hill...Maybe you had a posting dream!  I'm sure you'll get yourself worked back to where you were fairly quickly.  Nice job on the 5.

Scott...Hope the busy day passes quickly and the run gives you a little reprieve.

Swift...Wow, that was quite the running adventure you had.  At least you ended it the right way - with some beer, food, and fun.  21 is a lot of running for an ordinary Wednesday, so I bet that 4 is looking pretty good today.

RVD...Glad you made it through your workout and that you'll get some time off from the harder runs to rest up.  Kiawah  in December would be awesome and I'm sure a very scenic marathon.  I haven't been to the area, but know it because that's where a lot of the professional golfers make their homes.  The house rental sounds like a pretty cool idea too, although I can see why you might want to skip it.

Jodi...Good luck with the mini-tapering, and have fun eating those carbs!  Enjoy the 6 too.

I'm probably going to get about 8 recovery miles in later today.  It's snowing, but nothing serious enough to keep me off the road.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Zyrtec usually doesn't make me drowsy. Usually. I hope this wears off soon. I have a presentation this afternoon and need to have my wits about me. Maybe some caffeine will counter act the effects.

My maintenance run was slow but not terrible. My legs are pretty dead but rest is on the way.

Hilltopper, Glad you're getting back into the swing of things.

Scott, It's another sunny day!

Swift, At least you got beer. Smile

RVD, That hammie might just make it... I hear Kiawah is nice. It might be worth making the drive.

JoJo, It didn't take long for me to catch the madness, did it? LOL!

SIAR, Hope it's not too slippery out.

PressingOn

Be back for more posting later but thought I'd update.  I'm an aunt again!  Little Evelyn was born last night and weighed in at a whopping 7lbs 14 oz.  So much for the accuracy of doctor's.  Lol!  Anyway, it was a happy night.  See ya all later.  Taking ds to bus.

Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry for being late but I had to take some time off this morning to get my allergy shot done, then finish some stuff (plus the B&B group is melting down so I had to check it out, LOL).  Last night, I did 9 with 5 @ MP.  It went really well.  Today, I am planning on 10-13.  We'll see how much time I have today.

Julia, I hope you are not coming down with a cold.  Take care.

hilltopper, nice 5.  I have not seen you in a while.  Where have you been?

Scott, enjoy your lunch run.

swift, at least it's the thought that counts, no?  Great run.

RVD, LOL.  Do it, do it, do it.

Jojo, hope your 6 went great.

Siar, enjoy your recovery run!

PO, yay, congrats!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Pressing: Congratulations!  You must be so excited! Any pictures for us?

Julia: That's the more like the craziness I was hoping to see.  I'm sure it's just allergies.  Last year was really bad, we can't have two bad years in a row, right?

Hilltopper: Good job on the 5.  You've got a long time to get your fitness back.

Scott:  Enjoy your lunchtime 4.  I think Spring has come to DC already!  I hope it stays like that!

NTS: Holy crap!! That's an awesome story.  I'd have been ready for a beer after that too.

RVD:  Glad to hear the hamstring let you get your workout in today.  Hopefully a SRD and easy running over the weekend will get it back to 100%.

Jodi: I agree, I'm happy other people get a little crazy in taper mode.  I'm getting a little crazy before my race this weekend, which isn't even a goal race, and I'm not even tapering for it.  Makes me feel better that some of you go through the same thing.

SIAR: Have fun on the 8 in the snow.

Docket: Thanks for pointing that out.  Not going to say anything, but .

Bad Ass

LOL.  There are two dramas going on right now over there.  Sheesh!  One of them is apparently my fault even though I didn't start it.  Sometimes I wish I can nuke the whole group and start again (I can if I want to, since I'm the owner, LOL).

Is this like raising children?  Sounds like something I was glad to have missed. Joking

Pressing: Congratulations!  You must be so excited! Any pictures for us?

Julia: That's the more like the craziness I was hoping to see.  I'm sure it's just allergies.  Last year was really bad, we can't have two bad years in a row, right?

Hilltopper: Good job on the 5.  You've got a long time to get your fitness back.

Scott:  Enjoy your lunchtime 4.  I think Spring has come to DC already!  I hope it stays like that!

NTS: Holy crap!! That's an awesome story.  I'd have been ready for a beer after that too.

RVD:  Glad to hear the hamstring let you get your workout in today.  Hopefully a SRD and easy running over the weekend will get it back to 100%.

Jodi: I agree, I'm happy other people get a little crazy in taper mode.  I'm getting a little crazy before my race this weekend, which isn't even a goal race, and I'm not even tapering for it.  Makes me feel better that some of you go through the same thing.

SIAR: Have fun on the 8 in the snow.

Docket: Thanks for pointing that out.  Not going to say anything, but .

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hi all!  I'm back.  I have a 3 miler scheduled but it is dumping rain and, true to taper form, I'm feeling a cold attack so thinking I'll skip the rainy run.  I've only got one SRD scheduled this week before the marathon so I'm not too worried about taking an extra one.  Dh came home yesterday evening and announced he was sick so I don't think it's just taper madness.  I've been trying to keep my distance.  He's doing the 5 mile option at this race so I'm hoping he's better by race day.  It seems to be a mild cold at least.

Spoke with my brother today and the family is in agreement my new niece looks just like my dd did as a newborn, which means she also looks like I did as a newborn.  The genes run strong in our family.  I'm a proud aunt.  Smile

Jackdyll - Find your shoes yet? I'll see if I can post a photo later. If you're on FB and are an FB friend you can see one on my page.

SIAR - Thanks for the chuckle imagining Scott running with his groceries in a marathon. Glad you survived your wet 5 miles.

Marco - Impressive you're still posting. Good job on getting 9 miles in ... in 17 degree weather! Hope dw is feeling better soon.

Julia - Well, you know the drill, lots of fluids, vitamin C, rest and tell taper madness to go away. I'm sure you'll be fine by race day.

Hill - Don't ya hate when you lose a post? Great job on the 5!

Swift - That's the problem with group run's, sometimes you don't get the right time or place. Glad you got some carbs after your run though.

RVD - Glad that hamstring seems to be behaving itself. If taper is starting that explains not knowing what to do with yourself. Will you be taking the SRD fully or still running some?

Jodi - Carb loading ... yum. Whatcha got in mind?

Damaris - How's the allergy shot treating you today? Hope you can get your miles in.  Sorry about the drama on your board.  Can you threaten to take away a medal from each of them if they don't cut it out?