Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/1/2013 - April Running Fools Day (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

I ended up doing 4.5 miles.  It wasn't painful exactly but I took it very slow.  And, strides were not going to happen.  I think I have an interval workout on the schedule for tomorrow so I'm hoping I feel more limber tomorrow.

D_R, Heavy weights made my hamstrings cringe.  LOL!  Sounds like a hard-core workout.

Swift, I hope you got your run in.

Scott, It was nice today when I got outside for lunch.  I was wishing I'd packed my stuff and had done my recovery run at lunch.  I think we'll be golden after Wednesday.  I keep convincing myself winter is over and packing my tights away only to dig them back out each morning.

JoJo, Good luck fitting your workouts in this week.  I bet you're feeling a bit stressed about about the race.

CC, Glad to see you posting in the dailies again.

Marco, Do you think you're really sick?  If so, better now than in 2 weeks.

SIAR, You and shoes.  At least now you now what kind of mileage you can get out of them...  What makes you think you're peaking early?  The fatigue?

Pressing, I know what you mean about getting real life stuff done.  I still feel like I'm playing catch up after marathon training.  I've been scheduling doctor's appointments almost every week...  Hope everyone in the family is feeling better.  And, thanks for the race report.  Congrats on placing so well!

Hilltopper, Streaks are cool but consistent training is more important, as you know.

Jack, Thank you for freaking out.  The Boston people aren't tweaking at all for some reason and I was thinking I'd have to do something to rile them up.  Evil  I checked the weather for CB and it should be pretty good for us!  I'm getting excited, especially since it seems like we're going to have peak bloom.  It's going to be so pretty.

Run the mile you are in.

third consecutive RD for me....I think it's a blood pressure issue.  Medication might need to be adjusted.  Feeling better now even though it was a 10 hour work day.  Tomorrow will be the same, but hope to go for a short run in the AM.  After all, it is taper time.

Bad Ass

It was!  I sweated more than with the run in 82F!

I ended up doing 4.5 miles.  It wasn't painful exactly but I took it very slow.  And, strides were not going to happen.  I think I have an interval workout on the schedule for tomorrow so I'm hoping I feel more limber tomorrow.

D_R, Heavy weights made my hamstrings cringe.  LOL!  Sounds like a hard-core workout.

Swift, I hope you got your run in.

Scott, It was nice today when I got outside for lunch.  I was wishing I'd packed my stuff and had done my recovery run at lunch.  I think we'll be golden after Wednesday.  I keep convincing myself winter is over and packing my tights away only to dig them back out each morning.

JoJo, Good luck fitting your workouts in this week.  I bet you're feeling a bit stressed about about the race.

CC, Glad to see you posting in the dailies again.

Marco, Do you think you're really sick?  If so, better now than in 2 weeks.

SIAR, You and shoes.  At least now you now what kind of mileage you can get out of them...  What makes you think you're peaking early?  The fatigue?

Pressing, I know what you mean about getting real life stuff done.  I still feel like I'm playing catch up after marathon training.  I've been scheduling doctor's appointments almost every week...  Hope everyone in the family is feeling better.  And, thanks for the race report.  Congrats on placing so well!

Hilltopper, Streaks are cool but consistent training is more important, as you know.

Jack, Thank you for freaking out.  The Boston people aren't tweaking at all for some reason and I was thinking I'd have to do something to rile them up.  Evil  I checked the weather for CB and it should be pretty good for us!  I'm getting excited, especially since it seems like we're going to have peak bloom.  It's going to be so pretty.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Ugh, hope you feel better.

third consecutive RD for me....I think it's a blood pressure issue.  Medication might need to be adjusted.  Feeling better now even though it was a 10 hour work day.  Tomorrow will be the same, but hope to go for a short run in the AM.  After all, it is taper time.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

fake it till you make it

Not tweaking for Boston?! Oh, believe me I am in full tweak! More mandatory overtime at work means I missed yesterday and today's runs. Easy runs, but I'm convinced that blew my race. I have 2 kids getting over

a nasty stomach bug that I'm just waiting to get. Looking at Boston's forecast already and realizing I haven't run in 60 degree temps in months. Probably going to be forced into more overtime next week before we leave so there goes my rest.  Nope, not tweaking at all. Wink

fake it till you make it

And typing from my phone so not attempting personals except to say marco hope you feelback to normal quickly.