Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/7/13 - Go Cherry Blossom Racers (Read 14 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...every race deserves a report, especially a 55:53! I can imagine seeding yourself in a race that big is tough. I guess you just have to trust that you're damn fast. Those wind miles must have been brutal, but you obviously fough hard only losing a few seconds (although I'm sure it felt like an eternity). Congrats on your team win - that's exciting stuff. Pretty cool passing Michael and finishing that high in such a big race. Well done.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

jackdyl: Wow, that is a great time, especially with that wind (of course it is an amazing time to me, even if there hadn't been wind)!! Congrats on a great race! And awesome how high you placed.

My cold is full-blown now. Yuck. Just glad it happened while I don't have a race coming up, but I do have a ton to do, so still it kind of stinks.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

jackdyl11

Yes!! Definitely exhausted! I had some beers and a big lunch to celebrate and then konked out for a good hour and a half.

Wardian was injured and I think didn't have a good race too.  Good for him for finishing in a time I'm sure he was pretty upset about.  He's the nicest guy in the world though so its to be expected.

That's fantastic!  I think this was a pretty competitive race.  I don't think I've ever run a race and seen that many people in front of Michael Wardian.  I don't know about you but I'm exhausted.  I think fighting the wind took a lot out of me.

jack--I am with SAIR.  A 55:53 deserves a RR.  Congratulations on the 58th place.  Just fantastic with that many entrants!

jackdyl11

Thanks everyone! I meant that my run didn't deserve a race report because nothing spectacular happened.  I'm very happy with my time though! I think it's pretty crazy that I can predict the time I can run 10 miles to within 8 seconds, given wind etc.  But this validates my goal for my marathon so I'm pretty happy about it. Also, I found out this week that I got into the elite corral at my marathon!!! It means absolutely nothing except a smoother bib pickup and maybe some good food at the end but I'm super happy about it.  That's what happens when you run a smallish race with lax standards.