Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/30/13 (Read 13 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...I just feel like I'm kinda peaking right now, so that has me nervous. I'm not really tired, but my feet are sore and I worry about them. I may still do like 80-85 miles next week, so not really a taper but just a little less. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Nice job at the gym. On the rare occassions I lift, I never do my legs - too much fear of injury. Sweet pic.

Marco...nice PB!

Jodi...I guess that's the better problem at least. Good luck.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Julia...I just feel like I'm kinda peaking right now, so that has me nervous. I'm not really tired, but my feet are sore and I worry about them. I may still do like 80-85 miles next week, so not really a taper but just a little less. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Nice job at the gym. On the rare occassions I lift, I never do my legs - too much fear of injury. Sweet pic.

I hear ya.  You've been running hard for a while. I think cutting back is wise...  I'm glad I tried the 2 week taper - I like to think I'm still experimenting and when I put it all together I'm going to be dangerous - but in retrospect, I needed more rest...  Working my legs today made me realize how much flexibility and strength I've lost in the last few years.  Lunges should not make my hamstrings unhappy.  The squats and deadlift were okay but today's workout should have been a cake walk...  The picture if from the Nike store in downtown Boston.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb