Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 1/2/13 (Read 151 times)

PressingOn

Everytime you mention those toddler twins I just picture my friends twin Grandsons, almost 2 1/2, beyond

adorable!!

Hope the IT behaves for you.

DH has a LOOK bike and he saw this jacket and loved it so.......he has more and better running/cycling clothing

than I do!LOL

Ummm, yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its totally true and if you are like me and go into

peri-menopause very early you will deal with both at the same time!LOL

Yes, the twins are super cute.  They will be 2 this month.  One boy and one girl.  Fun and busy!

Yeah, I'm afraid peri has already begun.  Things they are a'changing. Oh the joy of being a female.  Roll eyes

Bad Ass

Count me in too.  Mood, always hot, I got it.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Pressing: great job with your intervals with DH. Good luck with your 20 tomorrow.

hill: that is a real bummer about the shoes.

jack: great job with the 13 so soon after that race.

Julia, Docket: hope you had good recovery runs.

Scott: hope you enjoyed the last day of vaca

marco, B.S.: great job in that weather.

I had to split up my planned 10 for practical reasons, got in 4.9 this morning and 5.1 later. Probably worked out ok to to that for this week, since calves are still sore--the morning miles were basically my normal recovery pace and the later ones closer to slow end of easy range. Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow so I can trash them again with intervals.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

My recovery run was horrible.  Allergy shot gave me a huge reaction (it's all around my arm now).  I could barely breathe during my run.  I would've been faster had I walk it.

Blog

thinkin about glory days

Julia, I hope you had time to get your recovery run in.

Docket, sorry to hear your recovery run was rough.

Jack, nice job on the 13.

Scott, I hope you had a nice day with your wife.

marco, stay warm!

Beth, sounds like a nice tempo run yesterday.  Good choice staying inside today.  I'd steer clear of the Blurs if I were your DH, or at least buy them from a site that lets you return them after you've had a chance to test them out.  I made the mistake of buying mine from Amazon.

PO, have a nice night with your family.

NTS, nice job getting the miles in.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Julia1971

Ran a double today - 6 in the morning, 3 this evening.  On this morning's run, I ran towards a woman attempting to run with her chocolate lab.  She kept urging him on but he wasn't budging.  She seemed pretty frustrated by him.  When I passed by, he had this, "Why are you doing this to me?" face.  It made me smile.  The evening run was at the gym, which was more crowded than usual but not bad.

Nike long-sleeve shirts and vest came in the mail and...  they fit!

D_R, how do you do all you do on such little sleep?  I need 6 at a minimum, 8 to actually behave like a human.

Hilltopper, sorry about the soreness.  I've had to get rid of shoes early and although it feels wasteful, but injury prevention is so important.

Jack, hope the recovery runs shook out the soreness.

Marco, that was such a good deed you did shoveling a path for the propane guy.  (I thought of Hank Hill as I read that).

Just B.S., you held out a long time.  Hope the treadmill wasn't too miserable...  I like the jacket!  I'm a sucker to sideways writing.

Pressing, good luck on the 20 miler tomorrow.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

I've never slept 8 hours, Julia.

The allergy shot reaction is now the size of a pie around my arm.  I hope I get to run the rest of the week.  Today's run was painful. My calves hurt, my feet.  I now realized it was the lack of oxygen.  Bah.

Blog