JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Got in first for a change. :-)

11 miles later.  Back after the commute to say hello.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Scott snuck in there before me!

I'm heading to the pool. I have the luxury of 2 hours to swim today before we head

off for the 1,700 mile flight to Orlando!!

Half Marathon #25 here I come!!

See you in a week. Be good!

Julia1971

I'm mostly awake.  It'll probably take another 5 minutes for the coffee to take effect.

It's aout 26 degrees outside but with windchill it's 18.  I'm not sure I have it in me to run outside.  It might be another treadmill day.  Having just run on one last night, I'm not sure I want to head back...  After the weekend, the 10 day forecast looks pretty good.  It looks like we'll be saying goodbye to the sub-freezing weather for the most part.

Edited to add: The weatherman just said, "Not fun if you want to go running...  A lot of people are training for different things.  And, it's too cold to run".  LOL!

I got to try my singlet last night on the treadmill and it's great.  I had tried the short previously and they work well, too - maybe a little big but not sure I want to go down a size.  So, I have my race day outfit.

Scott!  Way to get up early to fit that run in.

Just B.S., Have a safe trip!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Was supposed to do 2wu+6(1m@HMPw400r)+2cd but my left hamstring was bothering me and got worse if I tried to go faster. The best I could do for a couple of laps was to try to keep to the HMP cadence taking rather baby steps.  It kept getting colder the longer I was out there. It started out around 37F but went down to 32F. I wasn't going fast/hard enough to keep myself warm. I pulled the plug early, about 3.13 miles short of the 11.25 I should have done today.  Sigh.....

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Scott: Hope you have a nice 11.

B.S.: Have a great trip and enjoy your race!

Julia: Good luck getting your run in, glad it looks like the weather will improve soon.

SRD for me today. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

Scott-- Woohoo on being first.  Have a great run Smile

Just BS-- have fun, I'm guessing you are doing the Princess.  It's a fun race (so I heard, I did the first Princess, and it was not that fun, but I'm sure the growing pains are over).

I'm doing a run of indeterminable distance today.  I have to stuff bags for a golf tournament I'm doing tomorrow, work, then I may have 30-40 minutes to run, then daughter has violin, then I have the evening to run 30-40 minutes before dinner.

Tomorrow I have 6 miles + a golf tournament with a 70% chance of thunderstorms...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

RVD: Hope the hamstring is better soon. Not sure if you saw it already, but I just noticed this over at RW the other day:

http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/trick-hamstring-rehab

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

OK, I'm going to quit Weight Watchers.  I'm going to work this week, and then write a note and give notice.  I'm screwing a bunch of people over, and I feel horribly guilty about doing this, but the more I think about it, the more I don't want to do it anymore.  I have been having a lot of issues finding child care, plus I'm going to miss out on all my daughter's soccer games both spring and fall seasons.  I promised her I would coach.  I got my paycheck for 20 hours of work and only made like $160.  Any thoughts on how to quit?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...Hope you had a nice 11, mr. early bird.

Beth...Hey, just wanted to say that I'm very happy that you got good news yesterday.  That has to take a big weight off your shoulders.  Have a great time on your trip, and enjoy that sunshine!

Julia...It's funny...I think it's actually noticeable how we're all starting to get frustrated with the weather.  I'm looking at 20 with a feels like of 10, but I'll get out there over lunch.  Something about doing it in cold daylight is probably a lot easier than running early like you have to.  Your weather man isn't too hearty, huh?  I was looking at some of the men's shorts on the Gore site, but it didn't say how long the inseam was.  For running shorts, that's kinda the most important bit of info to me.

RVD...Hopefully you can still manage to get some easy miles in, if it doesn't start to hurt until you push the pace.  Good luck.

Swift...Enjoy your rest.  Nice job with your runs yesterday too.  Doing those fartleks with an evening set of MP miles is pretty intense!

Jodi...Have a nice run.  As far as quitting, I think that giving a written notice and notifying your supervisor is professional.  In the past, 2 weeks notice was the norm.  It seems like that etiquette may actually be changing to giving less notice though, but I'm not sure how I feel about that, personally.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home today, woke up with a headache and I feel sore all over from my pullups and strength routine.  All is good.  5 recovery miles later.

Scott, enjoy your 11.

Beth, have fun at Disney and take tons of pics!

Julia, that's because the weatherman is not a bad ass runner like you.  Make it happen!

RVD, nice workout!

swift, enjoy the rest.

Jodi, careful with the thunderstorms tomorrow.  Fortunately, we're not going to have rain this week.  Last week was bad enough.

SIAR, morning!

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

weathers pretty ugly here, downpours, possible hail, thunderstorms and tornadoes. I think it goes without sayin that I'm takin a URD today. pushing everything a day later.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got a good lunch time run in - 10.5 miles total, with 10x10sec hill sprints to finish.

Docket...Does "all is good" mean you're happy to be sore?  Knowing you, I'm guessing that's the case.

CC...Stay safe in that weather!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I finished my 8 mile recovery run outside this morning. Honestly - it wasn't terrible. It was also another run where pace didn't match perceived effort. 8:45 should not be recovery pace for me but it felt relaxed and easy.

RVD, That's still a good workout. I wouldn't push it too hard.

Swift, Enjoy your SRD.

JoJo, I agree about giving two-weeks notice especially if there's any chance you may want to work for them in the future or use them as a reference. Otherwise, I tend to be brief in my explanations. I might just say it was becoming difficult for me to juggle work and my personal life and felt I couldn't give the job my best and therefore, decided I needed to quit. That way, I take all the blame and no bridges are burned.

SIAR, he normally is hearty. He got famous last year for standing in Hurricane Irene "sea foam"m... I thought you liked the shorty shorts.

D_R, I like how you have the same pose in your race pictures.

CC, Stay dry!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

I can use a running one if you'd prefer Joking

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."