runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Happy Monday!

I'll get you all started. I"m off to the pool. Trying to get there earlier today so I can get in more laps.

It's 3 F with the windchill. Mind if I start counting down to when I will feel warmth again???

17 more days!!

BBL!!  Be happy!

Julia1971

Good morning!

I have 1,000m intervals on the schedule. It's upper 20s outside and I think I'm going to go for it! I'm out of hand warmer packets, though. Sad

I'm looking forward to going into work where there is 1) cable and 2) internet. I can't wait to see clips from last nights game. I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter - the radio is so soothing - but heard most of the 4th.

Just B.S., Good morning! Hope you had a good swim.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a recovery run and weights.  I love this cool weather but the fact that the only way to arrive is with high winds and dustmites is making me sick.  My throat is a bit swollen.  This is a Zyrtec kind of week.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Morning

B.S.: Hope you enjoyed the swimming!

Julia: Hope the intervals go well.

Docket: Hope your throat feels better and you enjoy the recovery run and weights.

SIAR: To answer your question from a couple days ago. but no, I definitely don't know everyone's names in all the groups.

Recovery run for me today too. Switching my BoMF day to Friday this week, so I'll run later.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I have 8 on the calendar today.  I live near a road that is almost a mile of steady climb.  I plan to run up that hill and back 4 times.

Beth - I hope the swim was good.

Julia - Good job getting out there early in the cold. You are getting braver when it comes to running in cold temps. I think Beth and Marco are rubbing off on you.

Damaris - Good luck with the allergies tonight. It's a tough trade off, either heat or allergies.  Which is worse?

NTS - Enjoy the recovery run.  You logged some good miles again last weekend.  Are you going to go for the deal from Garmin?

Pressing - Congrats on the swimming improvement and getting to be part of the cool new tri club. Nice club benefits too!

SIAR - Sorry the TM miles were dumb. That machine puts me in a foul mood too!  I hope your mega-calorie consumption was fun. I ate  terrible things yesterday but managed to keep it somewhat under control.

Marco - Congrats on getting your taxes done. I haven't even started mine yet.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!  I still haven't run yet today, which probably is bad given that we're looking at snow for most of the day.  It's supposed to be pretty cold again too, but I'm going to get the run in outside.  Just 10 easy miles, so no problem if they're slow.

Beth...Count away.  I'd be count too.  Hope you were able to manage some extra laps.

Julia...I'm bummed for you that you didn't get to watch the game!  For a while, I was actually thinking the NFL might be fixed (and I'm not a conspiracy theory believer in any sense).  It just seemed like that power outage came at such a fortuitous time for SF, and then they just started scoring all those points.  Great job by Baltimore to finish it out there.  Will you go to the parade, even though it's a little far?  We went after the White Sox won the World Series and had a great time with it, but it was right outside my office.  Best of luck with the intervals.  I take it those are road intervals and not track ones?

Docket...Have you ever thought of trying those masks, like the kind Galen Rupp ran in?  You could even put some kind of InknBurn type graphic on it to make it cool.  Have a good recovery run and lift.

Swift...I would have been extra impressed if you knew all the names.  You'll get the eventually.  Have a good recovery.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Well, after damaging my left hamstring right at the end of the MP part of my 2wu+8@MP+2cd last Friday night I'm out of running mode for a bit.  I think the worst thing one can do if one has a leg injury is to get into or out of a car.  Guess I got out the wrong way yesterday and damn near fell over with a stabbing sensation in my hammy.

On the three level grading system I would have thought it to be about a level 1.5 -- doesn't hurt to walk unless it is tightly wrapped (as it is now) and there is no way I could run without pain.  Don't know when I'll be brave enough to try something slow on the treadmill, certainly not before Friday if then.  Plus I have no idea when I would have the confidence again to try to hit workout paces.

Unfortunately this is right in the middle of the meat of the Hanson program.  Sigh...    Cry

Bad Ass

Hmmm, not sure.  I would say heat and wind (March through May) but just because the heat and humidity brings other asthma issues to the surface.

Good morning. I have 8 on the calendar today.  I live near a road that is almost a mile of steady climb.  I plan to run up that hill and back 4 times.

Beth - I hope the swim was good.

Julia - Good job getting out there early in the cold. You are getting braver when it comes to running in cold temps. I think Beth and Marco are rubbing off on you.

Damaris - Good luck with the allergies tonight. It's a tough trade off, either heat or allergies.  Which is worse?

NTS - Enjoy the recovery run.  You logged some good miles again last weekend.  Are you going to go for the deal from Garmin?

Pressing - Congrats on the swimming improvement and getting to be part of the cool new tri club. Nice club benefits too!

SIAR - Sorry the TM miles were dumb. That machine puts me in a foul mood too!  I hope your mega-calorie consumption was fun. I ate  terrible things yesterday but managed to keep it somewhat under control.

Marco - Congrats on getting your taxes done. I haven't even started mine yet.

Blog

Bad Ass

After the LV attack, I spoke with the doctor about wearing one of the head scarves on my face.  I have not tried it, but on Saturday, I wish I had it with me.  Thanks for reminding me about them!

Good morning!  I still haven't run yet today, which probably is bad given that we're looking at snow for most of the day.  It's supposed to be pretty cold again too, but I'm going to get the run in outside.  Just 10 easy miles, so no problem if they're slow.

Beth...Count away.  I'd be count too.  Hope you were able to manage some extra laps.

Julia...I'm bummed for you that you didn't get to watch the game!  For a while, I was actually thinking the NFL might be fixed (and I'm not a conspiracy theory believer in any sense).  It just seemed like that power outage came at such a fortuitous time for SF, and then they just started scoring all those points.  Great job by Baltimore to finish it out there.  Will you go to the parade, even though it's a little far?  We went after the White Sox won the World Series and had a great time with it, but it was right outside my office.  Best of luck with the intervals.  I take it those are road intervals and not track ones?

Docket...Have you ever thought of trying those masks, like the kind Galen Rupp ran in?  You could even put some kind of InknBurn type graphic on it to make it cool.  Have a good recovery run and lift.

Swift...I would have been extra impressed if you knew all the names.  You'll get the eventually.  Have a good recovery.

Blog

Mostly Harmless

Well, after damaging my left hamstring right at the end of the MP part of my 2wu+8@MP+2cd last Friday night I'm out of running mode for a bit.  I think the worst thing one can do if one has a leg injury is to get into or out of a car.  Guess I got out the wrong way yesterday and damn near fell over with a stabbing sensation in my hammy.

On the three level grading system I would have thought it to be about a level 1.5 -- doesn't hurt to walk unless it is tightly wrapped (as it is now) and there is no way I could run without pain.  Don't know when I'll be brave enough to try something slow on the treadmill, certainly not before Friday if then.  Plus I have no idea when I would have the confidence again to try to hit workout paces.

Unfortunately this is right in the middle of the meat of the Hanson program.  Sigh...    Cry

Damn!  I'm really sorry this happened to you! Have you seen a doc about it yet?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Damn!  I'm really sorry this happened to you! Have you seen a doc about it yet?

No; doubt that I will.  Doc will just tell me to do RICE which I'm already doing.  My issue will just be in trying to determine when I can start running again, and how quickly to try to bring up the intensity level.  Doc would just tell me to do nothing for 6 weeks.  The Shamrock is 6 weeks from yesterday.  Sigh.....

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...Looks like the old x-post got me.  That's a killer hill run you're thinking of today.  I like it though...builds some mettle.  Glad you understood my TM grumpiness yesterday.  I just get frustrated because the TM tells me my easy effort is 1:30 slower than it is outside!  That makes me want to speed the belt up, but that's silly because it takes my effort out of easy range.  Basically it turns into an hour of ego bruising lol.  Sounds like you did about like me with the game and eating...enough to enjoy it, but not completely out of control.

RVD...We feel for you!  Just try to be diligent with the RICEing and hopefully you get back on the short end of the recovery time.  I probably wouldn't do the doc thing either for the exact reasons you mentioned.  Careful in that car!

Docket...We're here for ideas!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

OK folks, back to catch up on my comments from the last few days! Sorry this is going to be long because I'm

going back to Friday's posts.

SIAR, I already said congrats on your RR but it bears repeating. Congrats!!

SCOTT, how is the knee doing now?  I live at the top of a road that is a steady climb of 350 feet over one mile. We

use it for our hill repeats at the end of easy runs. Most days I walk the 2nd half for the "cool down" plase.........I can't

imagine running up and down it 4 times!!

RVDOWNING, so sorry about the hammy, thank stinks! One of our runners for our Bermuda Marathon trip last

January pulled her hamstring just 2 weeks before the trip. She came along for the trip anyway since it was a

girlfriend trip for her, but we were all doing 3 races in 3 days and I felt so badly for her not  being able to run.

You still have 6 weeks so I hope it's something that will heal up quickly.

PRESSING, when you say Swim Clinic is that the eqiuvalent of what hubby and I do 2xweek? The coach has us

divided into different lanes according to ability. He has a whiteboard with the drills for the session and we all do

the same drills ( some faster than others!LOL) and he gives us feedback/correction when he sees the need. I

really think this has helped us tremendously as opposed to just going by ourselves and swimming laps.

Great job at your clinic!!! and joining the club!!

Most of the folks who do our Thursday/Sat swims are either tri athletes or wanna be's like hubby and I. WE know

and are friends with many of them. The "newbie" co-ordinator keeps trying to hit us up to join, I think they want our

club fee of  $45x2. LOL

NTS, you have been getting in some really great runs this year!

DAMARIS, sorry about the wheezing!

JULIA, sorry about the cable, what a pain! Hope the achilles is feeling better.

Mid to upper 20's = nice and mild            Besides you are so fast you can out run the cold!!

FOR ME:  This was our route yesterday. Elevations are in meters so you need to X 3.2 to get the feet. You get the

idea, lots of climbing, descending and more climbing. I felt pretty bad ass by the time we finished. Even though I

run this route all the time it's much harder in snow and bad footing. I kept slipping backwards with every step on

the first really steep one.

It was snowing, with about 2 inches down, no bare pavement, very slippery, terrible traction,  blowing snow

and windy, 10F and of  course the usual hills and no water. I don't take water for less than 14 miles or so.

At the end after 11.10 miles  and not stopping for a single step, nor walking a single step, while fully realizing

that my pace was from necessity very slow because of the conditions.......... I'm thinking "I'm one MOFO badass

51 yr old gal  if I can run this route in these conditions without  walking and do it in 1:57 I guess I'm doing OK,

I wonder what all the other 51 yr old women are doing today "!LOL

Today was 1,000 meters in the pool.  SIAR and Pressing, you will understand how happy I was. It's one month

today that we started and I did 5 X 100 with 30 seconds rest and it was very comfortable. One month ago I

couldn't do 50 meters without gasping at the end of the pool.

I was feeling really really tired on Thursday (2 swims) and Friday (run). I have been keeping my marathon schedule

on a seperate calendar from my swim schedule and I realized today that I have gone 31 days between running

and swimming and often both on the same day, without a day off...............I think I need to schedule one in someday

soon.

Have a good day folks!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10 miles done on the TM.  The snow is really heavy, and I just wasn't feeling very trusting of drivers today.  Even watching two episodes of Dexter, that long on the TM was quite a chore.