Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/22/13 (Read 13 times)

thinkin about glory days

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm about to head out for a chilly 6 miles (it's in the 30s here).  Does anyone remember that season we used to have called spring?

PRs

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.  I took a RD.  I don't typically run on Sunday anyway but after my 14 on Saturday morning and then standing for 2.5 hours at a concert with my DS Saturday night, my legs needed the rest.

I'm going to run 6 today at lunch.

Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles this morning.  Off to get my allergy shot, then work.  Weights tonight.

hilltopper, enjoy your 6.

Scott, enjoy the rest.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

I overslept again.  I've been staying up too late watching the news coverage.  I probably didn't get to bed until 11 or midnight last night.  I'll take clothes in to work and maybe run during lunch or after work.  Priority of the day, though, is mailing my passport renewal for my race in June.  I just need to get my picture taken at some point.

I'm a little concerned about running a half next weekend.  I pretty much go into every race wanting a PR.  Smile  But, I don't think I've been running PR-type mileage.  I think I've only done a couple 10+ mile runs since the marathon.  We'll see, though.  Maybe I'll get some serious race day magic.

Did I mention I also signed up for the Goofy Challenge?  Yep, did that last week.  I made a deal with my friend if she ran RnR USA that I'd run Disney.  She called me yesterday about lodging and whether I want to share a room with her and another friend running the race.  For those that have run it, do I really need to book a hotel this far in advance?  I hate having to do race logistics this far in advance.

Run the mile you are in.

Nothing yet.  Have a medical test this afternoon and hope to run a little after work.

Julia:  I can't speak to Disney, but I always make my reservations and everything way far in advance.

Did 3wu+12MP+2cd = 18 miles yesterday.  Later I realized that my MP miles were 10 seconds per mile faster than MP.  The odd thing is that my heart rate for those 12 MP miles only averaged 119.  I wish my legs were as strong as my heart is!  The weather was in the low 50s with no wind.

Just an easy 5 this morning with 8 strides.

DR:  Can't believe how you managed to survive that sand stuff.  That would definitely do me in.  If I ever do an ultra it will be on a paved surface.  I'll leave the adventure races to you guys.

thinkin about glory days

6.18 done.  I threw in some fartleks so I can start easing myself into speedwork - 4 x 2 min. hard with 3 min. recoveries.  My fitness needs a lot of work, but it felt good to open it up a bit.

Scott, enjoy your 6 at lunch.  I'm thinking about doing the Shamrock next March.  My brother lives in Portsmouth, so I would have a place to stay.  Have you thought about running it again?

Damaris, hope you had a nice 5.

Julia, it will be a 2013 PR, won't it?  I saw your post the other day about what the masseuse said.  I heard the same thing when I got a massage after my last marathon.  It hits home when it comes from someone who has been massaging runners all day.  Have you ever tried active-isolated stretching?  I got the Mattes book about a week ago and I feel like it is helping, even though I feel like I'm only doing the stretches about 25% correct.

marco, routine tests, I hope.  Is your next marathon soon enough to qualify you for marathon maniacs?

RVD, I guess your marathon pace is faster than you thought it was.

PRs

hill--no, they are 27 days apart.  If I do a local one in June, there will be three in about a nine-week period, so that shoud do it if I remember the criteria correctly.

Bad Ass

I've done the last two Goofys (doing the marathon only this year). I love the race.   Woot, I'll get to meet you!

My recommendation is to stay at one of the Disney resorts.  The 3am wake up time is already hard for you needing to be on the bus earlier because it's too far away.  I always book the month before; never had a problem getting a Disney resort.

I overslept again.  I've been staying up too late watching the news coverage.  I probably didn't get to bed until 11 or midnight last night.  I'll take clothes in to work and maybe run during lunch or after work.  Priority of the day, though, is mailing my passport renewal for my race in June.  I just need to get my picture taken at some point.

I'm a little concerned about running a half next weekend.  I pretty much go into every race wanting a PR.  Smile  But, I don't think I've been running PR-type mileage.  I think I've only done a couple 10+ mile runs since the marathon.  We'll see, though.  Maybe I'll get some serious race day magic.

Did I mention I also signed up for the Goofy Challenge?  Yep, did that last week.  I made a deal with my friend if she ran RnR USA that I'd run Disney.  She called me yesterday about lodging and whether I want to share a room with her and another friend running the race.  For those that have run it, do I really need to book a hotel this far in advance?  I hate having to do race logistics this far in advance.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hey all.  I was supposed to swim laps today but my ds is home sick.  It appears he picked something up at his Great Wolf Lodge getaway.  Joy.  I also have an easy 3 miler on schedule.  I'll at least get that done once my dd arrives home.  She can watch him long enough for me to get my run in.  I am going to try and find a hilly route for it since my marathon will have some rollers.  Maybe I can do my swim tomorrow or Wednesday.

Julia - Great shot of the beach.  I've had massage therapist say, "Wow" when they hit spots on me.  Of course, that tends to be my neck and shoulders and not my legs as much.

CC - Wow, to bed at 6:30? We usually aren't even eating dinner until 7:00. Hope you manage to get some good sleep soon.  Sounds like you handled your dd's arrival home for her things with class and finesse.

SIAR - Sounds like a fun volunteer experience.  Good for you!

Jodi - Enjoy the time with your dh.

Marco - Happy to hear you've already made plans for next year's Boston. Great deal on the hotel room. And I bet you'll do great at this next marathon.

Swift - Sounds like you had a fun day. I doubt one day did too much damage to your weight.

Hill - Sorry you aren't getting spring. After a few days of straight rain we're supposed to hit high 60's this week.  It's beautiful outside and I'm stuck indoors with a sick kid.  Sad

Scott - What concert did you see with ds? Sounds like a good reason for an RD.

Damaris - Good luck with the allergy shot.

RVD - I wish my heart rate was that low on mp runs. That must be why you're faster than me. Wink

Mostly Harmless

Hey.  Just got back from my run.  When lunch time rolled around I really wasn't in the mood to run but out I went.  I almost turned around more than once in the first mile. I just wasn't feeling it.  Somewhere in the second mile my mood improved dramatically and the rest of the run was quite nice.  I even managed to get in a few MP miles. It's funny how that seems to happen a lot where you start off uninspired but by the time you finish your run everything has changed.

Damaris - It's nice to get those early runs in.

Julia - Sleeping in after a traveling weekend is allowed.  I hope your run later is good.

Marco - Good luck getting your run in after work. Today would be seven straight days right after a marathon, right?

RVD - Nice workout yesterday! I love those long MP runs!

Hill - Good job with the workout this morning.  RE: Shamrock, I was registered to run it this year but had to switch out.  I'd like to run it again but I don't think I'm going to run a spring marathon next year.  Unless of course I change my mind which is entirely possible.

Pressing - Sorry about the sick one at home.  I have family in Williamsburg but have never made it to Great Wolf Lodge.  It looks like fun!  Re: the concert with my DS.  We went to see Steven Wilson, who is a progressive rock artist that we both enjoy.  If you have a tolerance for 12 minute songs, you might enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hp6lYx4Fvw

ETA: For those of you who are guitar nerds, fast forward to the 5 minute mark.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Hi guys, just to give you on FB a heads up, I'm going off line for the next few days, because of my husband's deployment, I will be back online when he is finally gone.  The last few days have been a really bad emotional rollercoaster, and I foresee it getting worse rather than better, so I would rather be off line.

Thank-you for your support.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good evening all.  I ran 6.25 today...pretty standard stuff.

Hill..I could do with skipping spring if we went straight to summer.  Unfortunately, it seems like it's going back to winter instead.  Glad the run was good.  Fartleks are a great way to start building toward some speed work again.

Scott...Nice job sticking it out during your run.  It seems like those kind of runs always turn around.

Docket...Running 5 already?  Good stuff.

Julia...It's hard for me to get back to going to bed at a decent time when I've been bad about it for a while.  Hopefully the news will go back to being boring so you can get some more sleep!  Have you been keeping up with TAR?  It's not my favorite season, but still fun.  I wouldn't have pegged you as a Disney running kind of gal.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it since you're doing it with a friend.  Maybe you'll surprise yourself with the half this weekend.  I can't imagine you've really lost much fitness with the running and racing you've done.  It's probably more just about how your body is feeling on that day.

Marco...Hope the tests were all good and that you got some miles in.

RVD..Wow, great workout yesterday.  I'm sure your body appreciated the easy miles this morning.

Pressing...Hope the young one is feeling better and that you were able to get your run in.

Jodi...Have a good week with your dh.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Test went fine.  Tech said he didn't ear anything to be concerned about.  It was an EKG to check out possible heart murmur.

Hill, or whoever starts tomorrow--could you please add Bay of Fundy Marathon for 6/23

Took a RD today and may tomorrow due to having to take DW to a hospital 50 miles away for a procedure.