JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

I think I'm going to take an URD today.  My throat is now sore and I'm wondering if yesterday's race made my congestion worse.  Sad

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles and weights tonight, some miles with hubby.

Julia, feel better!  Can you please add a race for me?  Memorial Day 5K on the 27th.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hey! Sorry I've been such a bad forumite!

On top of my crazy work schedule, our refrigerator broke last week.  The part I needed (evaporator motor) came in so I spent a couple hours Friday afternoon taking the freezer apart and putting it back together again.  GE designed this thing so that you have to disassemble almost the entire thing just to replace one part.  Taking it apart isn't that tough but remembering where all the pieces go is a real challenge.  I didn't have any part leftover and it's making cold air again so I call that a success,  Not bad work for a computer nerd that knows nothing about refrigerators.

Saturday and Sunday were consumed by house painting for 10+ hours each day.  I didn't get any running in over the weekend but I was on my feet all day so I guess that counts as cross training?  I'm surprised that my legs feel pretty good this morning but shoulders and arms are really sore!

I'm working from home today and plan to take a long lunch so I can get in 9 miles and try to make up for some of the missed miles over the weekend.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just 6 on Saturday with the middle 2 at MP, with my heart rate way too high.  Serious storms Sunday night which flooded everything, so took the day off.  Problem is, that I then went to the store and bought lots of bad stuff which I then managed to cram down my gullet.  I was supposed to meet a couple of running partners this morning at 0530, but had to text them that I couldn't make it.  I was nauseous, room was spinning, and I hadn't been able to sleep.  I'm at work and still don't feel back to normal.  Maybe I can get all these "poisons" out of my body so I can get back to normal tomorrow.  Hansons' starts next week, and this 60 - 80 mpw schedule and the newer, faster MP has me nervous anyway.

Bad Ass

RVD, feel better!  Ouch.

Scott, bad forumite!  Ha.

Blog

Mornin' folks. Just a quick post to say I've got 5ish miles on the schedule today ... hopefully I can get them in over lunch before this afternoon's expected thunderstorms. I'll try to get back in this evening to catch up on personals.

Train smart ... race smarter.

OK, so I didn't get a chance to run over lunch and amazingly the thunderstorms never hit us today. The bad news is that it was sunny and a warm 84 with mid 60's DP by the time I ran this afternoon after work. I did get in 6 miles and my legs feel great but the rest of me still needs to take it easy and adjust to the warmer temps.

Julia1971- I'm so sorry to hear you're still feeling uggh with the congestion and now the sore throat. Is it acting like your allergies or does it seem like you caught something? I hope you get a good night's sleep and get to feeling better soon.

Docket_Rocket- Enjoy your evening 5 miles along with your hubby.

ImNotScott- Yikes, it sounds like you got quite the honey-do list accomplished this weekend. I absolutely despise painting so you're a way better man that I am for painting 20+ hours over the weekend. Also, fixing things used to be so much easier. You could simply rebuild an electric motor with new brushes and things were a piece of cake to disassemble. Now, you've got to have patience to not break off some snap-fit panel that ends up supporting half the internals of an appliance. I hope you got the time today to get an enjoyable 9 miles in as well.

RVDowning- Sorry you're ailing and I hope you feel better by the time Hanson's starts up.

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.  6.48 miles done for me this evening, after walking 18 holes of golf.  I also just got roped in to doing 10 miles tomorrow morning, at 5am.  Whoopie Undecided

Julia...Hope you're feeling better with the rest day.

Docket...Hope you have a good time on your run and with DH.

Scott...Losing a fridge is such a pain.  I'm impressed that you could put it together though.  I'd have been calling someone.  I bet you're glad that the painting is over.  How'd the miles go today?

RVD...I have a feeling you and I would get into an argument over pace if we ever sat down and talked about it haha.  I understand where you're coming from with nervousness about hitting the paces, because I get that too.  But I also think that pace is a bit of an artificial construct - it's just an estimation of fitness, so not terribly relevant on a day to day basis, at least in my opinion.  Anyway, hope you're feeling better after all that eating!

Bruce...Your run sounds about like mine today - steamy!  I'm glad you stayed safe with all of these terrible storms...so sad about all that devistation.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hubby wouldn't run in the rain so I ran alone.  Pfffttt, it was just a little 3" of rain.

Blog