Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/4/13 (Read 15 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 6.44 miles at recovery pace. I'd like to do another run, but we'll see. Even though it's cold and there's still snow on the ground, I got talked into meeting a friend at 4:30 for 9 holes of golf. Maybe I can do a few on the TM tonight as I'm hoping for a 100 mile week.

RVD...sounds like you're playing it safe and setting yourself up for a good race.

Docket...you are sick, but I think you always have been. This appears to be a new strand of the sickness though! Good the the rest of us are slighty infected too, otherwise we might not understand you.

Jodi...poor guy...hope it stays just a bruise.

Jack...enjoy the recovery run.

Pressing...boo about the shades. I think blamining it on your migraine is beyond reasonable. You more than deserve your maniac star after persevering through that. Kinda nice that you had some insomniac company.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Hi everyone, sorry I"ve been MIA for a bit since my return home. Had a lot to do in the first few days then all

heck broke loose on the weekend.

And in between I did swim clinic and 6 miles Thursday, swam 1,300 meters continuous on Friday, swim clinic

Saturday morning at 7:15, then 11 miles Sunday.

Had an unplanned trip to the E.R. with my Auntie who turned 84 on GroundHog Day. She is my deceased Dad's

sister. My Uncle died 21 years ago and they never had any children. We were always close and now she is like

my second Mother so she called us to take her to the hospital. I have to admit I didn't handle the phone call very

well and cried all the way to pick her up. Thankfully it is something that can be treated with medication and didn't

require a hospitalization. But of course that ate up 6 hours of our Sunday.

Then we had an unscheduled vet visit. Appears that our beloved BusterMan could either havea scarcoma or possibly

Lyme Disease. He barely ate or drank the entire time I was gone and hubby assumed it was because he was

missing me. He was also crying/whining a lot. However it didn't get any better and yesterday he has shivering violently.

I am hoping for Lyme Disease, as it is treatable. Scaroma would be fatal. Blood tests should be back tomorrow. Cost

$600 so far just to find out this much and get some antibiotics.Shocked Doesn't compare to our Riley whose hip dysplasia

ended up costing almost $5,000 but still we were only there 45 minutes!LOL

So I didn't really have time to read all the posts from the last few days. I just wanted to say........

PRESSING, congrats on another marathon and so glad the occular migraine didn't derail your race!!

JODI, great job on your new PR!

CC, so sorry race day didn't turn out the way you wanted. But remember it's just one day. You have lots of great

races ahead of you.

JACK, I quickly read your RR. Congrats dude! You are faaaaaaaaaast!

To everyone else, Hi and hope you are all well. I will get caught up this week!

jackdyl11

Jackdyll - Did I miss it? How'd your race go? Didn't you have a race? 

Yup! I had a good race. I put a race report up in the forums, if you have some time to kill.

Bad Ass

That's what I got after that girl pushed me during that December race.  The kneecap still hurts from time to time but I was mobile soon thereafter.

Thanks D, it's a bruised knee cap, as of right now.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Beth, hoping for good news for your aunt and your dog.

Blog

Julia1971

What a difference 48 hours can make! I had a great 6 miler this morning. My legs felt so strong and fresh that I found myself believing sub-3:18 for the marathon is actually possible... It looks like we're going to get snow on Wednesday. I'm just now realizing my 95 day running streak is in jeopardy!

Scott, The unofficial name of this storm is Snowquester. Smile. The latest forecast is saying 5". I guess I have to get my snow shovel out of storage.

JoJo, Happy rest day! Hope DS is going to be okay.

Marco, We haven't seen snow stick here in 2 years. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

D_R, Can I leave it up just so that my race isn't next. LOL!

SIAR, If it makes you feel better, I'm also "dieting". I like racing at 120ish and it can be a challenge keeping myself thereM

RVD, Sounds like a nice weekend of running.

Jack, Enjoy the easy 6. The sun was out, which is nice.

Pressing, Hope the kiddos feel better. Maybe someone will return your sunglasses. Glad to know the ocular migrane didn't hurt. Still sounds scary, though. Hope the walk loosens thing up.

Just B.S., Hope you aunt is okay. And, wishing the best for the pooch. Sounds like a lot of stress for you.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Jodi - I'm sorry to hear about your son but glad that it is only a bruise. I'm sure it doesn't feel like "only" a bruise to him!

Marco - Glad you were able to get your run in despite the freezing yuck. I'll keep thinking warm thoughts for you guys up there.

Damaris - I guess since you are moving toward ultras it is only logical that running a HM is less interesting right now.

SIAR - Good work with the recovery run and have fun playing golf later!

RVD - Website stuff is a hobby of mine.  I'm down to just one right now though.

Jack - I'm glad the 6 went well today.  Has your foot pain cleared up entirely or are you just living with it?

Pressing - Congrats again on the great race and sorry about your sunglasses.  I can't imagine how you manage to keep up with your training while managing that bus family life of yours.  I have a tough enough time keeping up with my kids and two of them know how to drive!

Beth - I'm sorry your aunt gave you such a scare.  I hope she bounces back quickly.  I'm also sorry to hear about your doggie as well.

Julia - According to the latest updates, I'm in the 6-12" zone. Yuck.  At least Wednesday is a SRD for me and Thursday is only 5 so I can run that on the TM if I have to.  I hope your streak doesn't end until/unless you're ready for it to.  I also want to apologize for getting a little too "coachy" the other day.  I was a soccer coach for a long time and when someone is feeling negative I just can't help it sometimes.  I'm glad your run today helped to lift your spirits.

ETA: SIAR, I saw this and thought of you!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Julia, leave it there, I guess.

Scott, that's my guess.

Blog

Julia1971

D_R, I was just kidding. I'm on my smartphone and am not sure what will happen if I try to delete it. I'll be home in a few.

Scott, I didn't think you were being coachy. Did you tell me to do something? If so, I think I ignored it. LOL!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got 4 TM miles in tonight. Actually had a few birdies playing golf too - not bad in this weather.

Scott...that's exactly what I have!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Jodi--hope your son heals quickly.  I bruised mine once and it felt much worse than what I thought.  I was on some heavy duty drugs for a few days.

Beth--Hoping you get good news for your dog and glad your aunt didn't have to stay in the hospital.