August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Joe1775

Up early, packed and ready.  7 am tomorrow is start time for the Rehoboth Beach Marathon.  

I'm already dreaming of the celebration at Dogfish Head Brewing and Eats!  

Docket - enjoy the 1/2 marathon Sunday.  Here's to good breathing and good times!

Mostly Harmless

Safe travels Joe and I hope you have a great race tomorrow.

Not running today. Elliptical and some core work on my lunch hour.  Have a good day folks!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles last night went well.  6 more today, if I can.

Joe, good luck!

Rachel (is she part of the group or just FB now?), good luck at Dallas!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Rachel (is she part of the group or just FB now?), good luck at Dallas!

I think she is FB only but she should be forced to post here too and so should Warren. and Jodi too.  Not JoJo Jodi,she already does.  Cake making Jodi.

Can you do some arm twisting?

jojo61397

Joe-- good luck

Scott-- Have a good "rest" day.

Damaris-- Have a good 6 miler, I don't know about Miami, but it's humid here today...

Did 4.5 miles outside, then another 1.5 miles on the treadmill.  Going to do some paddle boarding this afternoon.  To those who ask if I'm addicted-- yes, and we are having an "Indian Summer" in northern FL, it's been near 80 all week,  supposed to end this weekend, so I'm trying to get as much time on the water as I can, once it gets below 60 I don't go in the water.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

..  To those who ask if I'm addicted-- yes, and we are having an "Indian Summer" in northern FL, it's been near 80 all week,  supposed to end this weekend, so I'm trying to get as much time on the water as I can, once it gets below 60 I don't go in the water.

I've never been paddle boarding before but it must be fun!  Enjoy!

Finally PRed!!!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!!

A little under 5 for me so far today. Tempo run later. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

TGIF and good luck to everyone racing this weekend.  I'm doing an 8K on Sunday, so did a 6 mile recovery run today and will probably do the same tomorrow along with some strides.

Jojo, paddle boarding looks like so much fun!  Seems like a good addiction.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Just B.S.

Have a great race Joe!!! and to everyone else racing this weekend!

10 miles for me later today. Only one more week of relaxed running until I start my assault on my next time

goal of 4:10 in May! I've made the different time goals I set for each of my 5 marathons so here's hoping the

streak continues!

I am doing the Disney Princess 1/2 in  Feb as well but since the 50th birthday girl is a first timer and we are

sticking with her for a 2:15 I'm considering it a fun run as opposed to a race. Plus we will be wearing matching

tutu costumes so it will be hard to feel like a racer in a silly costume!LOL

It's 17 here today and we are starting to get into our colder weather months so I'm already dreaming of

Florida!

Have a good day all!

jojo61397

TGIF and good luck to everyone racing this weekend.  I'm doing an 8K on Sunday, so did a 6 mile recovery run today and will probably do the same tomorrow along with some strides.

Jojo, paddle boarding looks like so much fun!  Seems like a good addiction.

It is really, really fun.  I was a little nervous the first couple of times on the water, but you really can't fall of the board if you try.  I don't like rented boards though, they are heavier (because they put an apoxy on them to protect them from dents), and aren't easy to steer.  They are doing a duathalon next summer 5K paddle and 5K run, I'm very tempted.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everyone...Just 4 miles for me today.  Essentially it should have been a rest day as my weekend mileage will put me over my number for the week, but I have a bit of a streak going so I thought I'd get out anyway.  They were pretty unremarkable and semi-useless miles.

I'm all for coercive action to force the return of some of our original members that have left for FB, if anyone has ideas ha.

Joe...Sounds like a great post-race plan.  Have a fantastic marathon, and run well!

Scott...Nice job playing it smart.

D...Going for the 6, 6, 6 run huh?  Hope you can make it out for the miles.

Jodi...That's kinda like a double with the road and then the TM miles.  I would think my legs would really struggle to adjust to the difference, but I'm a terrible TM runner.  I'm very jealous of your weather.  I say go for that duathlon (although I'd imagine paddling 5k would be one heck of an arm workout).

Swift...How'd you like your first run with your new group?  That sounds like a great cause and I'm sure it feels good to be getting involved that way. 

Julia...I looked at your PR line and didn't see an 8k...is this your first race of that distance?

Beth...If next year is anything like this one, it will be sub-4 by the time  you're done.  The race with your friend sounds fun.  It's nice of you to help her.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hey all!  I've got an hour swim today working on drills.  Fun.  Not.  Drills are hard.   After I have some strength/core/balance stuff.  

Beth - I can't believe you would ditch us for the BF. lol. I avoid that place. I can't afford to get sucked into one more internet black hole. Sounds like you're enjoying your break from training.

Marco - How was class yesterday? Good luck on your streak.

SIAR - My dh and I liked the cowboy's too. They were a fun team. Where is this photo you posted? I think you need to post it here so we can all see your red hair. Smile

Swift - Did RW do an article once on Back on My Feet? I seem to remember reading something about that program once.

Hill - So did you like the shoes? Reserving judgement?

Joe - Good luck tomorrow!!

Scott - Thank goodness for the elliptical, huh?

Damaris - I think Rachel is only FB now.

Jodi - Can you get a wetsuit and extend your water playing season?  I totally think you should do the duathalon.

Julia - Good luck on Sunday!  

Bad Ass

Here too. We've been in the 80s for a week now. Bah.

Joe-- good luck

Scott-- Have a good "rest" day.

Damaris-- Have a good 6 miler, I don't know about Miami, but it's humid here today...

Did 4.5 miles outside, then another 1.5 miles on the treadmill.  Going to do some paddle boarding this afternoon.  To those who ask if I'm addicted-- yes, and we are having an "Indian Summer" in northern FL, it's been near 80 all week,  supposed to end this weekend, so I'm trying to get as much time on the water as I can, once it gets below 60 I don't go in the water.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Joe, good luck tomorrow and enjoy the beer at Dogfish Head.  Have a 90 min for me.

Scott, good job working on your fitness while not being able to run.  How has the foot been feeling?

Docket, good to hear the run last night went well.  Rachel sent me a message on Fb asking me to post the link to this forum when we had gotten it set up.  I thought she would drop in.  I'll message her and ask her to stop by so we can all wish her good luck.

Jodi, hope you are enjoying the paddleboarding.

NTS, a double today?  Nice.  Enjoy the tempo run later.

Julia, good luck on the 8K this weekend.

B.S., your streak is really impressive.  I have a feeling it will continue.

SIAR, weren't you the one who was against the running game because it would cause us all to overtrain?  I'm sure those extra 4 miles won't hurt.  If you're feeling good and motivated to get out there, why not?  Coercive action....I have to think about that one.

PO, enjoy the swimming drills, if that's possible.

SRD for me today. Shooting for around 30 miles this week and 35+ next week.  It's amazing how much of running is psychological.  I was doing 8 miles most mornings a month ago and it seemed fairly easy.  Now 5 miles seems to last forever!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29