Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 3/12/13 (Read 12 times)

Julia1971

My run was good. I didn't realize it was raining! So, I had to watch my footing. But, it wasn't too cold so it was alright.

So far, I'm being very disciplined. I think I've only had maybe 10g of carbs today.

JenRosie, Wow, you already have your wave and corral. Exciting!

Jack, LOL! I needed to hear that. I had a few phantom pains on my run today. I'm hoping it's taper madness. If not, the hamstring feels like a slight pull that could heal by Saturday.

Swift, Isn't that a great feeling? You are just about ready.

JoJo, Sorry to hear something that was supposed to be positive turned so negative.

RVD, Enjoy the easy days.

Scott, You definitely didn't want to run today. So, when are you hitting the expo? I'm thinking Friday... Tucker Barnes said the rain won't come until the evening. He needs to redeem himself after the snowquester so I believe him. Smile. My sinuses are still clogged. I think it's time to try some meds because it's not resolving on its own.

D_R, Hope you have a good flight. Going east to west is good jet lag-wise, right? It's the other way that stinks, I think.

SIAR, Sounds like a fun workout you have planned. Hope the foot continues to improve.

Marco, Glad you got a little free time.

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

Scott, You definitely didn't want to run today. So, when are you hitting the expo? I'm thinking Friday... Tucker Barnes said the rain won't come until the evening. He needs to redeem himself after the snowquester so I believe him. Smile. My sinuses are still clogged. I think it's time to try some meds because it's not resolving on its own.

My wife and I are taking Friday off of work.  She has a hair appointment from 9-10 and we'll head downtown after that. Neither one of us uses Metro very often so we thought it would be good for her to get a dry run the day before and we can spend the day together which is always nice.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

As for me, I'd like to get my 6x800 workout in today, with another 7 or so miles at easy pace.  My foot feels okay, but a little sore, so I guess I'll just kinda play the workout by feel when I finally get around to it.  I'm getting my hair cut later too...much needed.  Oh, and I have to find something for my dad's birthday.  That whole situation is a mess and isn't easy for me, but I try to make an effort.

Good luck getting the run in but I hope you don't push when you need to rest. This advice brought to you by the king of injuring himself by pushing when he needed to rest.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10.56 miles total, with 6x800s (3:02, 3:02, 3:02, 2:59, 2:57, 2:55).  Rest was a 200m jog.  I don't feel like I was dogging it on the first three, and my pace was actually reading 5:50, so I'm not sure why they were slower.  I guess that's just reasonable Garmin error.  I did put a little more effort into the last 3 though just to make sure they were under 3:00.

The big thing is, I managed to complete the run and the wheels are still on!  Actually, my feet felt pretty darn good.  I was very tempted to skip icing, but my feet are in the bucket as I type.  Maybe if they're feeling good after this week I'll give up the icing, but since it seems to be working I'll keep at it.

RVD...I was just curious because I've never flown to a race.  Sounds like you have a plan.

Marco...That sounds like a fartlek 10 miler to me!  Have fun with Casper (whom we will no longer call little!)

Julia...I'm not so jealous of your run if it was raining out.  Good to see that you kept your feet underneath you.  The foot does seem to be improving - keep the positive thoughts coming.

Scott...I definitely hear what you're saying.  I don't know why, but I feel like I'm going backwards in my training, so I really wanted to get this run in.  How a 70 mile week last week has me down is beyond me, but somehow it did.  I'm trying to be smart, but really appreciate the feedback.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

My wife and I are taking Friday off of work.  She has a hair appointment from 9-10 and we'll head downtown after that. Neither one of us uses Metro very often so we thought it would be good for her to get a dry run the day before and we can spend the day together which is always nice.

. I think I saw someone on Facebook post that there's track maintenance scheduled for the red line on Saturday. You may want to check that out... Spending the day together will be nice. Too bad there isn't a good place to have lunch around there.

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

. I think I saw someone on Facebook post that there's track maintenance scheduled for the red line on Saturday. You may want to check that out... Spending the day together will be nice. Too bad there isn't a good place to have lunch around there.

Thanks for posting this!  I just checked and they are doing maintenance on the red line but thankfully it's on the Silver Spring side and we are coming down from the Shady Grove Road side.

My energy level is through the roof today!  I came home from work and took care of a plumbing repair that I've been putting off for a couple weeks and then decided to head out and pick up my pre-race outfit.  I went to Goodwill and picked up some warm-up pants (with zippered legs) and a sweatshirt for a grand total of $13.32!  My plan is to wear those to the start and pull them off at the last second.  Most races collect abandoned clothing at the start and donate it to charity, so I'll just consider this a small donation to a worthy causee

Home for a nice carb-tastic dinner of leftover Chinese food.  Now settling in for some ice cream and a bit of hockey.

no second run with Casper.  came home and worked on DW's book