Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/24/13 (Read 12 times)

CompetitiveChik

hey all, I have about 4 miles on tap and 15min ride to along with that. no one showed up at Track this morning so I turned around, came home and went back to bed. Now I'm playin on the 'puter, drinkin starbucks and eatin one of there banana bread cakes. yummy

DH had hand surgery yesterday. he's fine and is up movin about the house. He should beable to start usin his hand again in a few days.

I have somewhat of a busy day ahead. my workout, then packet pick up and shoppin.

I've had the last 2 days off. it's been real nice. I've just been veggin on the couch plus gettin my workouts done but it's nice to be lazy. the ms150 season is alot like christmas for the retailers. although, I have to admit the retailers are much busier. but I do love my job. I thought after the ms was done then it would slow down...nope. now ppl are goin on vacation so I'm still workin 6 days a week. not that I'm complaining. I do love the over time and I do love my job. I am the only one, this week, to get 2 days off. nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....haha.

anyways, off to veg on the couch for a bit before I head out for my run and bike

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

jojo61397

I'm officially registered for NYC Marathon lottery.  If I'm not selected this year, I am a guaranteed entry next year.  Wish me luck.

I did 6 miles total.

First mile with cross fit, then 5 miles on my own.  I'm getting stronger, I can do half a pull up now Smile.  My goal is to do one pull up before DH gets back.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Thanks everyone for the support. Stress + lack of sleep + lack of food is not a good combination. I'm feeling better today. My run in went well. I did 2x15 min @ HM pace, which turned into 7:30 pace. So, I think that's what I'm going to shoot for on Sunday.

Marco, Thanks for getting us started!

Jojo, Have fun at cross fit. And good luck with NYCM lottery! I think I got an email from them re my guaranteed entry but I haven't read it, yet.

Scott, I bet it's beautiful out. I can't wait to head outside. Wanted to do personals first, though... She and I met last week and did seem to hit it off and we were also gabbing about the race on Sunday, do, all hope is not lost. She just better not bring up NYCM again. LOL.

Swift, Enjoy the run and beer!

Hilltopper, New routes really do break up the monotony. Plus, you really get to see what's happening in your community.

RVD, Enjoy the SRD!

D_R, Acclimating to the hotter weather is tough. Don't they say it takes something like 2 weeks?

SIAR, I'm mad, too, because I just listened to a leadership video on Monday about letting little things go and not losing your cool. I failed at both. My direct and I aren't in trouble and the policy is not going to change, so it was stupid of me. Oh well. New day.... If you like it, you should wear it. You won't have time to test wear another one anyway. Are you feeling like everything else is good to go?

Pressing, I'm glad ds is feeling better. Have a good run.

CC, You've got a busy day ahead! Enjoy the couch time while it lasts.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Me too, although I won't be able to participate from the three strikes thing, since I ran it in 2011. Good luck to both!

I'm officially registered for NYC Marathon lottery.  If I'm not selected this year, I am a guaranteed entry next year.  Wish me luck.

I did 6 miles total.

First mile with cross fit, then 5 miles on my own.  I'm getting stronger, I can do half a pull up now Smile.  My goal is to do one pull up before DH gets back.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Yes, but that is for heat.  There is no acclimating to humidity or dewpoint.

Thanks everyone for the support. Stress + lack of sleep + lack of food is not a good combination. I'm feeling better today. My run in went well. I did 2x15 min @ HM pace, which turned into 7:30 pace. So, I think that's what I'm going to shoot for on Sunday.

Marco, Thanks for getting us started!

Jojo, Have fun at cross fit. And good luck with NYCM lottery! I think I got an email from them re my guaranteed entry but I haven't read it, yet.

Scott, I bet it's beautiful out. I can't wait to head outside. Wanted to do personals first, though... She and I met last week and did seem to hit it off and we were also gabbing about the race on Sunday, do, all hope is not lost. She just better not bring up NYCM again. LOL.

Swift, Enjoy the run and beer!

Hilltopper, New routes really do break up the monotony. Plus, you really get to see what's happening in your community.

RVD, Enjoy the SRD!

D_R, Acclimating to the hotter weather is tough. Don't they say it takes something like 2 weeks?

SIAR, I'm mad, too, because I just listened to a leadership video on Monday about letting little things go and not losing your cool. I failed at both. My direct and I aren't in trouble and the policy is not going to change, so it was stupid of me. Oh well. New day.... If you like it, you should wear it. You won't have time to test wear another one anyway. Are you feeling like everything else is good to go?

Pressing, I'm glad ds is feeling better. Have a good run.

CC, You've got a busy day ahead! Enjoy the couch time while it lasts.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

I started some personals yesterday afternoon but was interrupted and didn't get a chance to finish them.  I'll incorporate them here - hope they're still relevant.

RVD, nice job on the speedwork yesterday, and getting so many quality workouts in generally.  Sounds to me like it's time to adjust your training paces.  You've earned your rest day today - enjoy it!

NTS, I hope you enjoy the group run and beers later.  Back on My Feet is such a great organization.  Your chapter seems to be very active.

Julia, sorry you had a rough day yesterday.  It sounds like that was building up for awhile. 

SIAR, Is there any way for us to track you in your race this weekend?  I say go with the singlet that you wore last time if you like it.  Wearing something you bought at the expo - doesn't that violate the cardinal rule against wearing something for the first time in your race?  To answer your question from yesterday about my next race: I have been debating between a hilly 10 miler and a flat 5k, both scheduled for the same day in May.  I was leaning toward the 10 miler, but some law students are trying to talk me into putting together a team for the 5k (which is a bar association race).  It is hard for me to resist a team race, or competing against other lawyers for that matter (especially when you have some ringers who recently ran in college). 

PO, You seem to be doing a lot of marathons this year - is this your third?

Scott, I hope you were able to get in your 8.

Damaris, over 90?  Ouch!

CC, best to take advantage of the time off when you can get it.

Jodi, good luck with NYC.  Nice job on the 6 miles and the cross fit.

Now I'm off to a fundraising event for work.  I think I'll have myself a few drinks.  I hardly drink these days, so this should be interesting....

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks. Posting from my phone so no personals. I only got in 6 at lunch but it was really nice. I need to mix it up son my next run because this is my third 6 in a row.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just shy of 7 done in the VFFs.  Probably the fastest I have ever run in them.  I'll bet my feet may be a little sore tomorrow.

Julia1971

Ah, yes, our good friend humidity.  Good point.

Yes, but that is for heat.  There is no acclimating to humidity or dewpoint.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got a nice 5 miler in with the group. There's a new RnR Cleveland HM in October, and the rep was there giving an entry away. Of course I dint win!

Julia...nice job on the tough workout. I guess the leadership training didn't have enough time to soak in ha. I've never worried too much about wear testing singlets. In fact, in all of my races they've been brand new...it makes the race feel more special that way. As for how I'm feeling - I'm pretty good. I wish I had raced 3 weeks ago, but that's something to file away for the future. The weather is looking awesome, so I really just need to get excited and make it happen.

Hill...I haven't seen any runner tracking. I'll have to let you know Sunday evening how it went. To be honest, I feel a lot of pressure for this one so maybe it's for the better. I remember you mentioning the 5k now. I think before I recommended the other, but it sounds like the 5k might be the one for you.

Cc...enjoy that rest from work. Hope the run and bike were good.

Jodi...when do the lottery results pop? Nice running.

Scott...variety, as they say....6 isn't bad though!

Marco...nice vff run. My feet would be a bruised disaster after that.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

SIAR-- supposedly after May 24th...

Well, we have more clarity on what's happening next week.  He will be off starting afternoon Friday to pack and be ready to deploy.  We are thinking that the rotator will be Tuesday or Wednesday.  I won't post specifics, as that's bordering on OPSEC and troop movements.  I'll be back off line this Friday-Monday, spending time with the family, then Monday evening I'll be back to my old self again.

My plan for tomorrow-Sunday is:

Thursday: 6 miles on the treadmill, I wrote down the Cross Fit workout, and it's one I can do at home, so I'll probably do a modified version of it at home.

Friday: 6-8 miles, maybe Cross fit in the PM

Saturday: Off

Sunday: 8 miles

Monday: 3-4 miles, maybe cross fit.  DH is going to take kid duty for the day, so I can have one more day of freedom before he leaves

The rest of the week is going to be dependent on how I am feeling.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

SIAR, You sound good to me.  I'll activate the Ravens mojo tomorrow.  It's "Good Morning Baltimore" on the playlist until Sunday.