Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 1/5/13 (Read 161 times)

Just B.S.

Julia!! Big congrats, you are super fast woman!!

My running vest is my favorite piece of running or cycling clothing. I wear it spring/summer/fall for both

and get more use from it than my running jackets. It's Saucony and has netting in the back which gives

good ventilation when you get warm but you can layer it up when it starts getting cooler. This duathlon

was early June which can still be quite cool here, I have a North Face light fleece underneath.

SIAR, it felt so good to be swimming again. I was especially pleased that I picked up the "two sided"

breathing again within minutes. It was hard to master to I'm glad it didn't totally disappear on me.

Yes, it was totally like steeplecase and my knee was telling me so today!  Glad to hear that you are on the

mend. Just take it easy!!

Pressing, you totally inspired me to get back at it!!!  Our dedicated core group of local runners/cyclist/swimmers

are pretty much all people we know or friends so it was nice to feel so welcomed.

Julia1971

Julia...it's the Mizuno Gila vest. I think I got it at road runner sports, but their site says it's out of stock currently. That's why I leave my neighborhood to run...would prefer strangers' comments I'll never hear. Cherry Blossom will be awesome.

Yeah, CB will!  I'm so excited for this spring - Nike's Women's Half and Cherry Blossom are going to be sweet!...  I keep telling myself I just need to get through January because that's the worst of it.  February is sharpening and March is tapering.  Easy peasy by month's end.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Julia!! Big congrats, you are super fast woman!!

My running vest is my favorite piece of running or cycling clothing. I wear it spring/summer/fall for both

and get more use from it than my running jackets. It's Saucony and has netting in the back which gives

good ventilation when you get warm but you can layer it up when it starts getting cooler. This duathlon

was early June which can still be quite cool here, I have a North Face light fleece underneath.

SIAR, it felt so good to be swimming again. I was especially pleased that I picked up the "two sided"

breathing again within minutes. It was hard to master to I'm glad it didn't totally disappear on me.

Yes, it was totally like steeplecase and my knee was telling me so today!  Glad to hear that you are on the

mend. Just take it easy!!

Pressing, you totally inspired me to get back at it!!!  Our dedicated core group of local runners/cyclist/swimmers

are pretty much all people we know or friends so it was nice to feel so welcomed.

Look at you!  Very sharp!...  I love Saucony stuff.  I do have a jacket in the mail from them (I hope)...  That's a very good picture.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

CC: hope you got your run in.

marco: great job with the 10. Have fun with the taxes.

B.S.: glad you had a great swim.

jack: hope you got your  10 in in daylight.

Docket: so glad you had a great run.

Scott: great job on your 20! I feel way behind now, haven't run anything remotely close to 20 yet...I'm pretty sure I've only run 20s by myself. Heh, I can understand briefly getting angry at inanimate objects--you're not still mad at it, though, are you?

Pressing: hope your short run was good. I need to make myself do more core stuff. Working on that...

Julia: awesome job in your race! Great RR too. Can't wait to see what times you run on rested legs in next few months.

SIAR: bummer your cold has been so bad, but glad you were able to get in a TM run. Hmm, I guess whether 30 is good or bad is in the body of the beholder? I'm not too surprised you've had much colder there...it's the coldest I've run in down here this year (well, it was actually 28 before I headed out), but with no wind and no precip to deal with, it felt nice to me, for running anyway (though I've talked to some other folks here who complained about it).

Group run went well, the legs were only a little sore, and since the run this week was only 8, I ran a bit faster than MP in a couple parts (overall was about MP +15-20). It was pretty out and very nice running weather. Kept seeing other running groups around, especially when we were near the park. Hope the legs feel up to the 14 I have planned for tomorrow. If I do end up doing 14, it will put me close to 60 for the week, since I overshot my planned mileage on a couple days (not too unusual for me).

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09