GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Morning! Drinking coffee before heading to the store to meet the group for 8. It's 30 degrees out. Happy Saturday, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Good morning NTS. I'm getting ready to run 20 on the trail.

Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Got up and was dressed to go when it started raining. Ugh! So I'm gonna try to get it in after work tonight. I have a party to go to after so I'm hoping boss will let me leave a little early to get my miles done.

NTS - enjoy your run.

ImNotScott - I'll be startin some trail training once I'm done with Woodlands in March. I'm lookin to do a 50 miler in the fall.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Good morning,

Windy but it is supposed to be the warmest part of the day today at 27.  I did a little over 10 and finally broke 9:00 min mile pace.  I'll spend the rest of the day taking Christmas decorations down and preparing for taxes.

scott--have a good 20

nts--have fun with the group

rachel--hope you get the run in today.  Any racing strategy for The Woodlands?

Just B.S.

Morning everyone! MIssed a few days being too busy. Hope I didn't miss any big news!

Ran late yesterday left from the city and ran toward home. Got in 9 miles in a very slow 1:40before hubby

picked  me up.  Would have been more but the first 5 miles sidewalks were not plowed, and the road was

too dangerous to run on. So I spent that 5 miles basically hopping over ruts, snowbanks and ice. That was

a darn hard orkout.

I'm really excited!! We stuck to our resolution and started back swimming today! Went to the pool for the 7am

coached swim.  It's a 25 minute drive so we were up at 6am on a Saturday. Shocked

Basically the 2 lanes next to the deck are for those wanting tips from the coach. He give you some drills and

watching your technique.

Lots of friends were there and I had forgotten how much I loved swimming!!!  Got in 1000 meters, with some

drills. So not bad for the first time in months and months! Can't wait to go back on Monday.

NTS, enjoy your group run.

Scott, good luck on the 20!

Marco, nice to have it a little warmer isn't it?

Rachel, rain sucks. I would rather run in snow.

Have a good one folks!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone. I just thought I'd check in so you didn't all think I'd disappeared. I've had that really bad cold that seems to be going around the country. This will be the 6th day where running isn't an option. I'm hoping I can give it a shot Monday.

Stay healthy out there!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Hey everyone. I just thought I'd check in so you didn't all think I'd disappeared. I've had that really bad cold that seems to be going around the country. This will be the 6th day where running isn't an option. I'm hoping I can give it a shot Monday.

Stay healthy out there!

Glad you checked in!! Been worried about you. Take care. Our son had that over the holidays, took

2 weeks to feel back to normal.

jackdyl11

I managed to get my 8 in at 10:30 last night after my in-laws went home. Hopefully I'll have time to get 10 in today at some point. Saturday is usually the day I get to run during daylight, which I look forward to all week, so I hope I get some time during the day.

NTS - have fun with your group

Scott - hope the trails go well

Marco - good job getting through the 10

BS - wow, up at 6:00 on a Saturday to go swimming! That's something you probably won't see me doing

Just B.S.

BS - wow, up at 6:00 on a Saturday to go swimming! That's something you probably won't see me doing

Damn peer pressure!LOL My friends have been after me to come since last summer and they are all early

rising nut jobs.

I am not an super early morning person but it was sure nice to step out on the pool deck and have a bunch of

people go "finally, she's came!"LOL

Enjoy your 10 in the daylight!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran at 6am to prevent the heat but even then I did not evade it.  11 miles in 72F and 97% humidity.  Faster than the Berlin marathon pace and it felt too easy (if you remember, I was huffing and puffing during the race and using albuterol like crazy).  If only I can do that during a marathon I should PR. But asthma is not like that.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hey there.  My first 20 of this session done.  I realized on my way there that this was the first time I've ever run 20 miles by myself.  I've only run that far twice before when I was training for Shamrock last winter and both of those times I ran with a few people from a local running club.  It was a nice run but I think I may have gone out a little too fast because finishing was pretty difficult. I can tell when I'm struggling because I start getting mad at my iPod for not serving up inspirational music when i want it! Nothing like getting angry at inanimate objects to suggest that you might not be thinking rationally. :-)

NTS - I hope the group run went well.  It was 30 degrees when I started too but had risen to 37 when I finished 3 hours + later.

CC - I hope your boss cooperates and you can get your miles in before the party tonight.  50 miler sounds brutal!  Has Warren rubbed off on you?

Marco - Nice job getting the 10 done in the balmy temps. Have fun with the un-decorating.  We need to do that too!

Beth - I'm glad you had such a good time swimming.  6:00 is when my internal clock makes me wake up most of the time.

SIAR - I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with that cold.  Thanks for posting, I was starting to worry.  You crossed my mind a few times on my run today, wondering if you were alright.  Get well soon!

Jack - Enjoy running like a non-vampire!

Damaris - Cool that the 11 went well despite the weather.  72 sounds nice to me right about now, but hold the humidity!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Hey there.  My first 20 of this session done.  I realized on my way there that this was the first time I've ever run 20 miles by myself.   

Beth - I'm glad you had such a good time swimming.  6:00 is when my internal clock makes me wake up most of the time.

Great job Scott!!!

My hubby wakes up at 6am as well. We always set the alarm but never need it.

My internal clock would have me sleeping until 10am every day if I let it. But then

again I rarely get 3 hours in without waking up.

CompetitiveChik

CC - I hope your boss cooperates and you can get your miles in before the party tonight.  50 miler sounds brutal!  Has Warren rubbed off on you?

no, I don't think so. I've been planning this the last couple of months. I just need to pick one now. I want one for the fall 

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hey all!  I've got a short easy run today followed by core/balance/strength.  I also get to put away all the Christmas decor that is still sitting out.  Wish I could wiggle my nose and have it all done.

Swift - How was the group run?

Scott - Good job on the 20! For a minute, I read "trail" as treadmill". I do all my long run's by myself. Sometimes I enjoy them and sometimes, like this last one, I really wish I had a running partner. Funny about getting mad at your ipod cause it can't read your mood. Maybe one day we'll get that kind of technology. Smile

CC - I gather it must have been a pretty hard rain to keep you from running. Hope you can get it done this evening.

Marco - Hurray for warmer (cough, cough) weather.

Beth - That does sound like a tough run today but maybe kind of fun? Glad you enjoyed the swim! All my swim talk got to you, huh? Wink I have to drive 30 minutes to my pool but have decided it's worth it. However, I agree with Jackdyl, I don't think I'd make it there at 6:00 am on Saturday. Now, 7:00 pm on a Friday evening is when we have our swim clinic and that I can do. Smile It is fun to be with a group when you do drills.

SIAR - Glad to know you're alive but sorry to hear you're so sick. You've had a rough go of it this season with illness.

Jackdyl - Hopefully you'll get that daylight run.

Damaris - Sorry the heat was with you today but sounds like a good run despite.