Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/18/12 (Read 156 times)

Bad Ass

Scott - xposted.  I like to do out and back's on our river trail also.  It is so easy and honestly, hard to call it quits early when you're 10 miles out.  Loops always have the temptation to stop.  That said, sometimes loops can be fun.  I actually enjoyed the 18 miler I did all within a mile of my house while a kid was home sick (so I could check on her repeatedly).  It was fun talking to the construction worker's that were out and amazed to see me passing by so many times.  They thought I was nuts.  I was.  Big grin  

Damaris - That is sad about your 5th kitty missing her owner's.  I'm sure she's grateful to you though for getting her out of that shelter.

Yes, especially since she had not been killed because she was so loving.  They kill there in 2-3 days at the most.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

RVDowning - My head is spinning over "2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd".  It looks like something that would send me running out of a math class. I never did have a head for that stuff!  But seriously, can you explain what this is?

ImNotScott:  2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd means run 2 warm up miles, then 5 repeats of 1k at 5k pace with each fast interval followed by a 400 meter recovery, and then after the repeats a 2 mile cool down.  It is a shorthand I developed so that I could have a marathon training schedule fit easily on one page.

Hey Damaris, happy you found your critters!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Done with 10.24 miles today, with the last ten minutes at a little under MP.  I never know how to add that to my calendar on this site.  I just call it an Easy run, because that's what the bulk of the miles were.  Still, looking at all those plain green bars makes me feel like I'm not doing anything!  Oh well, I guess I know I've been working hard.

Julia...Hope the stretch works for you.  I'm extremely sensitive to ice so I don't do it nearly as much as I should.  When I had my knee surgeries and would have to do the whirlpool (filled with ice) for rehab, I would actually throw up.  Did you manage to get your miles squeezed in?  I'm sure the staff will appreciate the lunch. 

Docket...Good news about kitty.  Have some good miles later.

CC...Have a good run.

Mark...Nice job on the runs, and strides too.  Those post-workout add-ons are tough to commit to sometimes, but hopefully they're worth the effort.  I think that 38 mile commute would be some good training ha.

Jodi...Glad you found a creative way to get the mileage done.  That's gonna be one long run though lol.

NotSwift...enjoy your rest.  I am jealous!

Beth...Glad to hear you're having a wonderful time with the family.  I'm impressed that you were up that late and still getting going for your run.  I'm not a night owl at all...don't think I could even stay up that late.  Once your DH buys that snow blower it will never snow again.  I got mine before last winter and haven't used it once.

RVDowning...Hi!  Nice to see you here.  Unlike Scott, I followed your shorthand completely.  I think that just means I've read too many training plans.  Are you very deep into your plan?

Scott...Better happy for no reason than sad, right?  Enjoy the 5 later.

Pressing...Just get out there and drop some salt before your tempo and you gals will be good.  Or is it guys and gals?  I read The Hobbit as a kid too.  I don't really have an interest in the movie, although I'm sure your son will appreciate it.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

I'm almost in tears over this.  I finished my run.  Taking the weight off has yielded some amazing results.  Last year, I did a marathon in 4:16 hours. My average pace was around a 9:46 min/mile.  It was definitely a race effort run.  Just today I ran my 20 mile run in 3:21 hours.  I checked the pace, it was a 9:48 min/mile.  I can tell you that my run today was VERY comfortable.  I could have continued at that pace forever.  I'm just FLOORED.  I think Atlanta is definitely going to be close to a 4:00 hour, if not sub 4:00 hour marathon.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

I'm almost in tears over this.  I finished my run.  Taking the weight off has yielded some amazing results.  Last year, I did a marathon in 4:16 hours. My average pace was around a 9:46 min/mile.  It was definitely a race effort run.  Just today I ran my 20 mile run in 3:21 hours.  I checked the pace, it was a 9:48 min/mile.  I can tell you that my run today was VERY comfortable.  I could have continued at that pace forever.  I'm just FLOORED.  I think Atlanta is definitely going to be close to a 4:00 hour, if not sub 4:00 hour marathon.

Hope you handle hills well if you are going to be running a marathon here.  They get pretty brutal.

RVDowning...Hi!  Nice to see you here.  Unlike Scott, I followed your shorthand completely.  I think that just means I've read too many training plans.  Are you very deep into your plan?

So_Im_a_Runner:  I'm essentially in week 8 of Hansons' 20_week_40-60_miles_per_week purchased plan.

Bad Ass

Good luck, Jodi.  I do agree with RVD, do some hill training, because I've heard that ATL is tough.

Blog

jojo61397

My regular 20 mile course is very hilly, I start at Sea Level and between mile 2 and 10 there is over 75 feet of elevation change.  Then mile 10-16 are relatively flat, then mile 16-20 there is another 75 feet of elevation change.  But planning lots of hill training after Disney.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Did a little over 7 in the miserable weather Beth mentioned.  It was just above freezing and very windy.  Started out the first half hour in pouring rain, had about 10 minutes of sleet, and the last 20 minutes was snow.  The snow was the best, but I was soaking wet by then.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

NotTooSwift - Ah! Perfect. That worked. In ST I had already marked all of them as "Race - Marathon" so I had to match what RA is seeking. Thanks!

Hi RVDowning. Nice workout.

Scott - After completing mile 2 (warm-up) and finished that by mile 5, then just ran the remainder at GA'ish pace.

Docket - I'm so glad you found your cat.. Yes, we implanted a chip in this one.

PressingOn - Yeah, it was very nice weather.

SIAR - The way I do intervals is to add them within the run... I warm up, do the intervals while I'm a bit fresh and then finish off the target number of miles.

Jojo - AWESOME News! Great performance as a reward for your continued work! Way to go! I've also heard ATL is tough, but I've not run it. Great to hear you get hill work already.

Marco - Great job on the tough run.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Just B.S.

Did a little over 7 in the miserable weather Beth mentioned.  It was just above freezing and very windy.  Started out the first half hour in pouring rain, had about 10 minutes of sleet, and the last 20 minutes was snow.  The snow was the best, but I was soaking wet by then.

Fun wasn't it!LOL  We got home before the now started though and good thing, I don't think I have ever

seen such huge clumps of snowflakes, the size of a fist! 

Good job Jodi!! I know personally after my surgery in Feb when I couldn't run for 6 weeks I gained 6lbs

and went up to 126 and i felt awful and soooo slow when I started running again. Getting back to my

normal weight made a huge difference in my running. I also like to race at about 118lbs and know that

I feel so much better during a marathon if I am actually about 2lbs under normal weight.  Best of luck

on your goals!

P.S. I would love to send some of my hills your way. My regular 20 mile run has about 1,500 feet of gain!LOL

It's a 300+ climb back up to my house after every run.

D, glad your found your kitties! Renovation is going well but slow because of everything else going on at this

time of year. We gutted the bathroom to the studs and hubby is making a custom tiled shower and tiled floor,,,

with glass doors , ,,very tedious work and he is extremely fastidious about his workmanship so it takes even

longer!LOL. We have another full bath and a half bath so we don't really need it day to day. I'll just be glad

when the mess is cleaned up yet again.

Including this bathroom we have renovated  every  room except the basement over the last 4 years. We built the

house 19 yrs ago and now it looks brand new again and  I"m not sure I want to sell!LOL

Hi everyone! Hope you all had better weather than Marco and I did today.

Finally PRed!!!

RVhi! Great job with your intervals.

Scott: ha, not quite finished yet, but being single with no kids my Christmas shopping is not that complicated. Better get it wrapped up soon, though!

Pressing: hope you had a nice interval run with your group.

SIAR; you could add a new workout type, "Progression  or "Fast finish" or something like that. If you go to Options, Manage My Activities and then click on "Run", you could add it in as a workout type, especially since Hudson has you do a lot of those. I keep meaning to get  around to customizing my workout types, but have not done it yet.  Great job with your run.

jojo: great job on your 20! I would definitely get some hills in as much as you can, the course here does have some hills. The last 2 miles being uphill scares me a little. But great job with your paces--I've noticed the same thing with my weight, makes a huge difference.

Sorry about the weather, marco and B.S.

mark: glad that worked!

Weather was beautiful here today, tomorrow looks nice too, sunny with high in upper 60s. My cold is getting a little better, tried to get a little extra rest last night.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Beth, I feel you.  Last year we changed the floors downstairs.  There was so much cement, Trixie started throwing up.  It was horrible.  I hate what comes from renovating (mess, dust, etc.).  Good luck!

Blog