Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/2913 (Read 15 times)

jackdyl11

SRD for me.  I'm getting all the usual aches and pains, but as long as they keep moving around my legs and not sticking in one spot I'm happy! I just realized that the hotel we booked is 30 MILES AWAY FROM THE RACE SITE! We had a closer one, but our friends couldn't get anything nearby so we moved our reservation to their place.  I guess if I'm already getting up at 5:00 it doesn't matter, but still...

Julia1971

I just finished 6 miles out in the dizzle.  It wasn't too bad.  I don't like running in the evening, though, with all the cars anxious to get home.  No close calls, though.

Marco, Hope you're getting back from your run or about to head out.

JoJo, I think I could do that workout once and then would collapse.  LOL!  Hope you did better than that.

SIAR, I'm glad you're still feeling proud - as you should!  It sounds like you're not too sore.  I tend to get DOMS a day or two later so am not too bad today.

RVD, I hate having to switch up my workouts...  If it were me, I would run them on the tougher course.  I think I would rather go into my race thinking MP miles were too hard and therefore I'm fitter than I think I am than thinking they were run too easy and I may not be as fit.  Does that make sense?

D_R, You are just powering through your workouts.  I'm so impressed by how well you've recovered from your races.

Pressing, Sorry to hear about the kitty.  Sounds like he's feeling better, though...  I hadn't realized how many people are racing this weekend.  There's so little taper madness on here.

Just B.S., I like the new av picture.  What a cute couple you two make!

CC, That is pretty low mileage.  Have you asked her about it?  Wasn't she thinking you were training for a half instead of a full at some point?

Hilltopper, You're hilarious.  I'm sorry about the bad news but happy it gave you an excuse to get your run in.

Jack, You're a good friend.  30 miles is a bit of a drive but shouldn't be terrible.  And since you're elite, you'll probably have your own bag check and port-a-potties.  That's going to be so cool.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Just B.S.

Just B.S., I like the new av picture.  What a cute couple you two make!

Thanks Julia. I change them up a lot because I get sick of looking at myself.Big grin

That's one of my favorites. We had just finished (an hour or so prior) a 3 day race series in

Bermuda (1 mile/10k/full marathon) for my 50th b'day celebration.

Good memories. The trip to run the marathon in Ireland this Sept is for hubbys 50th.

CompetitiveChik

6.9 done for me this afternoon.  This morning, I got the bad news I was waiting for about the job.  On the bright side, it gave me a great excuse to leave early so I could get in my run.

I'm sorry! what news were you waitin for?

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

CC, That is pretty low mileage.  Have you asked her about it?  Wasn't she thinking you were training for a half instead of a full at some point?

yeah, but that was back in febuary. no I haven't asked her. and I probably won't. but that's just me

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Sorry for being absent today. Depositions galore.

Did 2 miles and then 2.80 run/walking miles with hubby, who now owns three pairs of running shoes.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

marco: Hope you got your 10 in.

Scott: Hope your cold is better soon!

jojo: Nice cross-fit workout.

SIAR: Hm, that's weird about the time changing. Still a great time, either way.

RVD: I personally would do the miles on the slightly more difficult terrain than the track. Just seems like better race prep to me.

Docket: Nice 5 this morning, and nice running tonight too. Yay for your DH!

B.S.: Happy taper!

Pressing: Wow, your marathon is coming up quick!

hill: I'm sorry about the job news, hopefully you'll get a better one in .o time. Hopefully the run was nice.

jack: Know what you mean about the aches. I always figure when they seem to keep moving, they're not real ones just taper madness ones messing with me. That is a long way from hotel to race.

Julia: Nice 6. I kind of hate running in the evening rush hour too, but I seem to do it a lot. And I almost always have close calls. Might try to shift more to the mornings as it gets warmer, though.

CC: If I had that situation I think would try to talk to the coach about it. Odd that she has you on such low mileage. Do you plan to keep using her as your coach?

I got in a very easy 4 this evening, legs are still a bit sore from the weights on Saturday, but they felt better once I started running. Taking Benadryl to try to get rid of the poison ivy rash and it makes me sleep too long. And not in a good way, I usually feel a little groggy when I wake up after that stuff. But the rash is driving me crazy, though today I got some Gold Bond stuff, which seems to numb it up a little.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

SIAR and Julia--had more time to read your race reports.  Sounds like you both had a great time.  Since Boston was a little disappointing, I am hoping my next one is fun

hill--sorry to hear the job news.

I found out today that the maximum time I can keep my temp promotion is 120 days, so I am about halfway there.

8.88 done after work.  LR tomorrow then it's taper time

Did 2 miles and then 2.80 run/walking miles with hubby, who now owns three pairs of running shoes.

LOL, He's got more shoes than miles!