GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Morning folks!!!Big grin

Off to swim. Catch up with you later!!

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

B.S.: Have fun swimming!

I have a double today, easy 10 at lunchtime, then 6 later with a group (this is the run with pizza and beer after that got postponed from last week because of the bad weather, should be a lotta peeps there).

Have a great day, all!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

Just B.S., you beat me!

Good morning, everyone!

I'm running a double today.  I'm thinking I'll do 6 this morning and then try to do 4 at work somehow.  I'm still not ready to do a treadmill run again.

I did a lot of online shopping for singlets.  I found a couple that might work.  I should be able to order something soon.  It'll probably be a few more weeks before it's warm enough for singlet wearing.

And, my playlist really needs work.  I think I have most of the songs I want but not in the order I want.

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good.  Whatever was going on with my achilles seems to have resolved itself.  And, since getting the Wave Riders, the pain in my left knee has gone away, too.  I'm totally "injury" free right now.  Crazy.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Morning!

B.S.: Have fun swimming!

I have a double today, easy 10 at lunchtime, then 6 later with a group (this is the run with pizza and beer after that got postponed from last week because of the bad weather, should be a lotta peeps there).

Have a great day, all!

A pizza and beer run sounds dreamy.  Have fun with the double!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I had a feeling Beth would win the who can post first contest.  Are you an hour ahead of us east coast time folks Beth?

I have a SRD but I might move my 12 that I have scheduled for tomorrow to this afternoon and then do a 2 day mini taper and run a HM time trail on Saturday. Or I might not. That's just the crazy unpredictable type of guy I am! Woot!

Beth - I hope the swim was good. You have to be growing gills by now.

NTS - Enjoy the double today. Having pizza and beer waiting for you at the end of that will be great motivation!

Julia - I hope you enjoy your double today too.  You have me thinking about my play list now.

Hello to all who follow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys, I spoke with my coach yesteday and she gave me a basic run down of what she's gonna have me do. Glad we did that cause she had me training for a Half instead of a Full, so she's gotta fix that.

Got in a nice easy 2.5 this morning. Its track workout wednesday (for those that dont know I'm heading up a track workout on wednesdays. Ut just means that I show up so the other ladies feel safe.) Anyways, I wasn't gonna stand around and do nothing so I got in some easy miles. I was also gonna ride this morning but its raining. Guess its a goos thing coach has me doin spin.

Posting from my phone so I can't get to personals. Will try later

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Cross posted from yesterday's thread:

I'll post again when I start running again.  I haven't run since last Friday night when I "tweaked" my hamstring.  I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow morning.  I don't expect her to fix anything, but I just wanted to get an idea of when I could try to run again, how often and with what intensity.  Can I just run until I feel discomfort and then stop?  Or can I only run if I can press the hamstring area and feel no pain?  Etc, etc.  I'm hoping to at least get back on the treadmill Friday and then perhaps be back outside for some runs starting on Saturday.

I mentioned before about wondering how to resume my Hansons' schedule.  The issue wasn't with the schedule; I have no problem resuming there.  My problem is with trying to determine when/how far/how fast I can run from a hamstring perspective, not from a training schedule perspective.

The Shamrock is only 5 weeks from this Sunday!

Julia1971

RVD, Have you taken a look at this thread in the main forum about pulled hamstrings?  Unfortunately, I don't have any real experience with gauging how hard to push yourself when coming back from something like that.  Hope the chiro is able to help.  If not, maybe consult a physical therapist?

CC, Wow.  I'm glad you got that mix-up cleared up.

Scott, Yeah, you may want tunes for the back half.  Unless you run with a pacing group or something, it's pretty boring and lonely after Mile 20 or so when we cross into Southeast.

Just B.S.

Back from swimming. I find it's just like running in regard to how sometimes it just feels better than others.

Monday felt like a struggle at times and today I did 1,000 yard with 4X100 and it felt fantastic. Just go with

the flow I guess!LOL  I would do more 100's at a time but having so many people we know in the lanes

leads to more chatting than is probably good for my endurance work.Smile

I'm doing a double today as well since I have 7 miles to run later today.

I need to find a tri schedule to follow that will mesh with my marathon training. I"ve never followed a schdule

for the duathlons since we have been both running and cycling for years I just show up on race day and go

for it!LOL

Not quite sure how that is going to work but I think it's time to do some research. I am currently on my 34th

day without a rest from either swim or run. I feel great because the swimming isn't hard on the body but

taking a rest day soon is probably a good idea.

SCOTT, you found me out!LOL Yes I am a hour earlier than everyone with the exception of Marco, I believe.

Enjoy your 12 if you decide to run it.

NTS, wow girl you are doing a lot of doubles and getting in some awesome miles! Hope you enjoy

Julia, so glad to hear your are injury free!! Do you do heels drops for the Achilles? I try to do a few every day

when I'm going up stairs. Enjoy your double!

CC, ummm it's a good thing you cleared that up with your coach!!!

RVDowning, hope you get good news and are back to running asap!

Mostly Harmless

CC - Good thing  you caught that little mistake! I guess that is why she's had you running so few miles!

RVD - I hope you get some answers and more importantly they are answers you like!

Julia - I will be running with a pace group for sure. I haven't decided between 4:00 and 3:55 yet.  There are pace groups for both times.

I decided to run the 12 this afternoon and do the HM time trial Saturday.  I hope this will help me get an idea for what I should do in the race.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Hey All,

posting from work so not much time. got in another .69 on the llipty (waitin for a spin bike to open up) and another 18.3 on the spin.

I'm hungry. I tried to find the bkfst sandwiches that my friend comes in with but I couldn't.  (sad face)

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

SRD.  I shall spend it cleaning my ds's room.  He has a friend coming over after school and his room is not ready.  He did some cleaning on it himself but 9 year old cleaning didn't quite cut it.  Mom to the rescue.  Ugh.  I'm telling myself it's just like setting aside a couple hours of my day for exercise.

RVD - Well, make sure you post again with an update on the hamstring.

Marco - You're too busy! You're also too cold. Spring is just around the corner. Smile

Beth - I too have noticed that with swimming. Monday was like that for me. It felt easy. Other days I seem to never catch my breath. I also find warm-up time is similar. I take a good 20-30 minutes to feel in the flow which is similar to needing 2-3 miles running for everything to smooth out.

Swift - Great way to earn that pizza and beer by doing a double. Have fun!

Julia - Sounds like some fun shopping. Playlists take so much time. That's why mine is super outdated. Oh well. I don't tend to race with music anyway. That said, I might take it along on this next race since it's smaller and I anticipate being alone for some of it. Just because I take it doesn't mean I have to listen to it. Smile Have fun on your double today!

Scott - I had a feeling this time trial was because you are getting curious about changing up your mp goal.  Wink

CC - Oops. A half plan probably wouldn't cut it. Glad you caught the mistake. Are you getting a lot of people showing up for your track workouts?

Just B.S.

SRD.  I shall spend it cleaning my ds's room.  He has a friend coming over after school and his room is not ready.  He did some cleaning on it himself but 9 year old cleaning didn't quite cut it.  Mom to the rescue.  Ugh.  I'm telling myself it's just like setting aside a couple hours of my day for exercise.

Beth - I too have noticed that with swimming. Monday was like that for me. It felt easy. Other days I seem to never catch my breath. I also find warm-up time is similar. I take a good 20-30 minutes to feel in the flow which is similar to needing 2-3 miles running for everything to smooth out.

Hubby and I have totally noticed the same thing. So many similarities to running except  it's in the water and you

can't talk to your friends while swimming and breathing is harder!LOL  It takes me at least 500 meters to get into

a groove and some days I never really do and others are awesome. I find I get into a better groove at the group

clinics. Probably because we are following  a plan and if someone is coming in the lane behind you it helps you

focus more.

Happy Rest Day!

PressingOn

Hubby and I have totally noticed the same thing. So many similarities to running except  it's in the water and you

can't talk to your friends while swimming and breathing is harder!LOL  It takes me at least 500 meters to get into

a groove and some days I never really do and others are awesome. I find I get into a better groove at the group

clinics. Probably because we are following  a plan and if someone is coming in the lane behind you it helps you

focus more.

Happy Rest Day!

I suppose you could pull on a friends ankle?  But yes, talking is a bit more difficult.  Lol!  I don't know that I get in a groove at clinics.  Those darn drills throw my breathing way off and I always reach the end of the pool gasping for air.  However, I think I swim faster at clinic.  Maybe that is why I'm out of breath.