September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning, everyone.

Slow start for me this morning.  Stayed up too late last night doing nothing and didn't get enough sleep.  But, I think I can still fit in a recovery run before work.

Pressing, from yesterday, glad you had a good run with DH and and your bike gadget sounds neat.  The jacket I'm after is from Sugoi.  I'm not finding it in the color and size I want.  But, I haven't given up.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Julia, I always go to bed late (after midnight).  Ugh.  Hope you got your recovery run done.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia and Docket-

I just finished 6 recovery miles - still hurting from the 12 I did yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jackdyl11

Hello everyone,

I actually managed to get up and get my 13 in this morning.  Recovering ok from that race, although I had to walk some downhills last night and today.

Mostly Harmless

Hi all!  SRD for me.  DW and I are enjoying the last day of our vacation together with the kids back at school. No time for personals today.  See you all tomorrow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Were the 12 miles too fast or something?  Are you hurting or sore?

Good Morning, Julia and Docket-

I just finished 6 recovery miles - still hurting from the 12 I did yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

Blog

Bad Ass

jackdyl, nice 13.

Scott, enjoy the rest.

Blog

Good morning,

Coldest run of the season at 3 deg with a wind chill of -12.  I did a little more than 8, but in order to keep fingers warm, I ran 2 and warmed up for 5 mins.  Ran another 4 (about my limit in this cold) and warmed up for 15 mins.  Then, finished up with 2.  I am thinking about dozing off before going to work.  I am beat.  When I got home, I took the trash out and shoveled a path to the propane tank so the delivery guy doesn't have to walk through two feet of snow.

Julia--thanks for the start and hope you find time to get your run in

Damaris--I don't see how you get by on that little sleep

Scott--enjoy the day.  Maybe it will pass by slowly

Hill and Jack--good work on your run

Just B.S.

Morning dailies!! Happy New Year (since I missed yesterday)!!

Didn't get in the intended 13.1 yesterday. In-laws called to say they were coming to visit so we had to get in the

miles we could in the time we had. Made it into a tempo run instead.

Ended up running 7 miles in 1:08, 500+ foot gain in the first 3 miles, slippery footing so I was being really careful

and slow during those miles. Most of the fast running was in the last 3 miles with a pace of 8:30 or less so I was

very happy with that, since it also felt fairly easy.

Today will be my first day this winter on the treadmill. As Marco said, it's cold as hell here, and I'm only 2 days into

my marathon training schedule and not willing to cut short due to weather conditions so I will do my 10 miles on

the treadmill.

On the jacket topic, this is the cycling jacket hubby got for Christmas, it has a bit of a fleece lining and it's really

sharp in person!! I think I might need one too!LOL If only they came in pink.

Pressing, sounds like you had a great holiday season with the family! I too love my bike computer! Enjoy.

Marco, I will speak some Canadian to you......"cold enough for you, eh"!LOL

Docket, I also get only 5 maybe 6 hours per night if I am lucky. Mine however is not voluntary, but you have a long

time before you have to worry about menopausal insomnia!LOL Enjoy your run.

Hi Hill, Scott and Jack and Julia!!

thinkin about glory days

Were the 12 miles too fast or something?  Are you hurting or sore?

Hurting AND sore.  It was by far my longest run in the Asics Blur 33s I had been complaining about.  The 12 miles felt like 20+.  I think I'm going to have to retire them after only 75 miles.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Just B.S.

Hurting AND sore.  It was by far my longest run in the Asics Blur 33s I had been complaining about.  The 12 miles felt like 20+.  I think I'm going to have to retire them after only 75 miles.

Sorry to hear about that Hill. Hubby had been thinking of trying a pair, I will pass this along to him.

I am a shoe chicken. I have been wearing the Asics Gel Cumulus since 2005 or 2006, almost 25 pairs

so far.  They are pretty bland but they are perfect for my feet and and running style. I have never had an

issue since I started wearing them.

I look at all the pretty shoes out there and think "maybe i will". Then I think "why take the chance"

Bad Ass

I barely sleep 5 hours now I cannot imagine then....

Morning dailies!! Happy New Year (since I missed yesterday)!!

Didn't get in the intended 13.1 yesterday. In-laws called to say they were coming to visit so we had to get in the

miles we could in the time we had. Made it into a tempo run instead.

Ended up running 7 miles in 1:08, 500+ foot gain in the first 3 miles, slippery footing so I was being really careful

and slow during those miles. Most of the fast running was in the last 3 miles with a pace of 8:30 or less so I was

very happy with that, since it also felt fairly easy.

Today will be my first day this winter on the treadmill. As Marco said, it's cold as hell here, and I'm only 2 days into

my marathon training schedule and not willing to cut short due to weather conditions so I will do my 10 miles on

the treadmill.

On the jacket topic, this is the cycling jacket hubby got for Christmas, it has a bit of a fleece lining and it's really

sharp in person!! I think I might need one too!LOL If only they came in pink.

Pressing, sounds like you had a great holiday season with the family! I too love my bike computer! Enjoy.

Marco, I will speak some Canadian to you......"cold enough for you, eh"!LOL

Docket, I also get only 5 maybe 6 hours per night if I am lucky. Mine however is not voluntary, but you have a long

time before you have to worry about menopausal insomnia!LOL Enjoy your run.

Hi Hill, Scott and Jack and Julia!!

Blog

PressingOn

Hey all!  Kids are back in school.  Whoo hoo!  However, my holiday celebration continues.  My brother and his family are arriving today.  They, along with my folks, will be arriving for dinner and one last present opening round this evening.  This is the brother with the toddler twins so I have some major clean up to do today.  It's a SRD so that works.  Tomorrow is my 20 miler.  Sure hope the ITB behaves.  I will be rolling on the foam roller today in preparation.

Julia - Good luck finding the jacket. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Damaris - Hurray for recovery runs.

Hill - Must be a recovery run kind of day, huh? Huge bummer about the shoes.

Jackdyl - Glad the recovery is coming along okay. Good job on the 13.

Scott - An extra day of vacation while kids are in school?! What a blessing!

Marco - That is impressive. It's also way too cold.

Beth - Have a great 10 on the tm, if that can be possible. Smile Nice jacket for dh. And please don't tell me my PMS insomnia is gonna turn into menopausal insomnia. That's simply not fair! And I don't blame you one bit for sticking with a shoe that works.  I too see some of those fun colorful shoes and think, "hmmm..." but yeah, I'm afraid to chance it.  I was happy when my shoe came out with a slightly more brightly colored option.

Just B.S.

This is the brother with the toddler twins so I have some major clean up to do today.  

Beth - Have a great 10 on the tm, if that can be possible. Smile Nice jacket for dh. And please don't tell me my PMS insomnia is gonna turn into menopausal insomnia. That's simply not fair! And I don't blame you one bit for sticking with a shoe that works.  I too see some of those fun colorful shoes and think, "hmmm..." but yeah, I'm afraid to chance it.  I was happy when my shoe came out with a slightly more brightly colored option.

Everytime you mention those toddler twins I just picture my friends twin Grandsons, almost 2 1/2, beyond

adorable!!

Hope the IT behaves for you.

DH has a LOOK bike and he saw this jacket and loved it so.......he has more and better running/cycling clothing

than I do!LOL

Ummm, yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its totally true and if you are like me and go into

peri-menopause very early you will deal with both at the same time!LOL