GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  5-8 miles tonight.

Cat was lost and found yesterday.  Very happy but still sleepy (we found her late at night).  It was a day full of stress.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

out the door for an easy 6

D - so glad you found your kitty

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

Good morning everyone!

Today, I'm doing a medium run - 13 miles in to work.  My legs are a little tired but not really sore or anything.  Almost like I just need to have a really good stretch.  Then, it'll be a day of a lot of sitting - I have two back to back meetings and then I'm taking my staff to lunch.

Pressing, are you training for a tri-athlon?  I noticed you did biking and swimming yesterday.

CC, does exercise suppress your appetite?  I've been in that situation before, too, when I suddenly realize I haven't eaten or eaten enough.

Beth, enjoy the quality time with your family. 

Scott, congrats on finishing your cards.  I haven't even started mine, yet.  Argh!  I guess I have to do those tomorrow...  At my agency, managers can't work from home at all, so I'm envious.  But, I don't have to be at work until 10am, which is good for fitting my workouts in.  It does mean I have to stay until 6:30, though.

Mark, you're a trooper for running in the rain. 

Jojo, sorry to hear about your GMIL.

SIAR, I'll try that stretch.  I'm hyper vigilent about injuries.  At the slightest sign that something is wrong, I try to do preventative things like icing or stretching.  It's worked so far.

Yikes!  Look at the time.  I better get going or I'm going to be late...

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 8 miles w/10x100m. Nice run in a foggy 48 degree morning.

NotTooSwift (from the 16th, nice delay, eh?) - You hit the nail on the head... this was imported from Sporttracks so maybe there's no way to have it show as a PR. Such is life. It's no big deal though.

Docket - Glad the cat was found... scary. Ours never returned and now we have another that also bothers me when trying to post early in the AM. :-)

CC - I hope you enjoy the 6.

Julia - Nice on 13 into work! I manage two practices... 38 miles away is too far to run and 1.5 miles is so close it's not worth showering there. :-)

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

jojo61397

Docket- glad you found your kitties

julia-- have a good medium run

CC-- have a nice 6

mark-- nice run

i was scheduled for my last 20 miler, but my daughter is "borderline" for school, so I'm not sure if she will be at school.  And I won't be able to go out for a run.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

DR: glad the cat was found!

CC: hope you had a nice 6.

Julia: great job with the 13 on tired legs.

markrice: actually, maybe I didn't explain it well, but my races imported from ST are showing as PRs now, I just had to go back after importing to the "Workout Type" dropdown and select "Race".  After I did that, they showed up. There's just a few I haven't gone back and done that with. Great job with your run.

jojo: hope you're able to get your 20 in.

SRD for me today. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

jojo61397

20 miler is on Smile!!!!  And just in case I get a phone call, I'm going to run around my usual 3.5 mile loop 6 times, so that way I can stop if need be and go get her.  Should be fun (not really, but that's what headphones are for Smile).

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just B.S.

Morning everyone, hubby and I are getting ready to run 10 or so. The boy is still in bed of course!LOL

We were up until 2am watching LOTR and talking.

Gotta get out there now. This afternoon is supposed to be torrential rains (we have a heavy rain

warning) and then overnight and tomorrow we have a heavy snowfall warning. Pretty typical weather

for us at this time of year, ditches overflowing with rain one day and shovelling the driveway the

next day!LOL  Our driveway is 3 car widths wide and about 125 ft long. I told hubby he should by a

snowblower (finally) he is refusing to buy one until he is 50, which is another year!LOL

Julia, I too am hypervigilent about injuries. I will  skip a run if something is nagging. I ice every

time something feels a little off. I have been running half marathons since 2003 and my last injury

was 2005.  I ran my 5 marathons so far from age 48-50 in 23 months with zero injuries.  I havent gone

to a physio from 2005-2010 ( one week prior to first full to check on an achilles soreness) , never been

to a chiro. I think that's a pretty good history since I didn't run a half until age 41.  I totally credit my injury

free status to icing, regular stretching and not running when something hurts.

Keep up with your vigilence, it will pay off.

Have a good one folks, hope it is rain and snow free!

Following the purchased Hansons' schedule (HansonMarathon__20_week_40-60_miles_per_week), and this morning's scheduled run was 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd.  (Tuesdays and Thursdays are short/long interval days respectively.) Was able to hit my paces for the intervals so all was well.

Brains aint me forte

Good Morning Runners!  I am in an exceptionally good mood today for no good reason at all.  I have 5 at recovery pace on the calendar today.

Damaris - I'm so glad you found your cat.  I am too familiar with the stress of a missing furry friend.  Enjoy your run tonight.

CC - I hope the 6 is easy.  Congrats on finding a solution to your cramping issues.

Julia - Good job on the medium run into work.  My commute is 30 miles so I couldn't manage that.  Enjoy the lunch with your staff and I hope they take it easy on you and stay away from the lobster and filet choices!

Mark - Good work on the 8.  Did you do your 10x100 in the beginning, middle or end?

Jodi - I'm glad your DD made it to school and you are able to get in your 20.  I must confess that I would go stark raving mad running the same loop that many times.  I'm a little obsessive about not repeating the same streets when I run. I can drive myself crazy trying to calculate distances in my neighborhood that involve the least amount of repeats as possible.  I think that is part of the reason I like to do my long runs on the river trail.  I always do either an out and back (upstream first, then back down) or I do two out and backs (downstream first, then back, then upstream, then back). Very little mental work involved.

Too Swift (not) - Enjoy the RD!  Christmas shopping done yet?

Beth - Good job getting that run in on such little sleep!

RVDowning - My head is spinning over "2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd".  It looks like something that would send me running out of a math class. I never did have a head for that stuff!  But seriously, can you explain what this is?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

RUN DONE: 8 miles w/10x100m. Nice run in a foggy 48 degree morning.

NotTooSwift (from the 16th, nice delay, eh?) - You hit the nail on the head... this was imported from Sporttracks so maybe there's no way to have it show as a PR. Such is life. It's no big deal though.

Docket - Glad the cat was found... scary. Ours never returned and now we have another that also bothers me when trying to post early in the AM. :-)

CC - I hope you enjoy the 6.

Julia - Nice on 13 into work! I manage two practices... 38 miles away is too far to run and 1.5 miles is so close it's not worth showering there. :-)

That's what I was afraid of.  My friend's outside/inside cat disappeared 8 months ago and although there have been sightings, we have not been able to find him.  Actually our 5th cat was a lost cat that spent two weeks at the shelter without her owner claiming her.  I can tell she misses her owner immensely but the chip had no information and was not active.  If I ever find who was her owner, I would give her back in a heartbeat no matter how painful it might be.

Blog

Bad Ass

Following the purchased Hansons' schedule (HansonMarathon__20_week_40-60_miles_per_week), and this morning's scheduled run was 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd.  (Tuesdays and Thursdays are short/long interval days respectively.) Was able to hit my paces for the intervals so all was well.

RVD is in the house!  Hi!

Beth, I'm sure you guys had tons to talk about.  How is the renovation going?

Blog

PressingOn

Hey all!  I woke up to snow this morning.  Not a lot.  School is still a go ... whew.  I have group run today.  We're doing a hard effort paced interval run.  Well, that is if the asphalt trail we're meeting on isn't slick with snow.  That could slow us down a tad. 

3 movies out of The Hobbit? Oh yes, no way the book is worth 3 movies.  I guess I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the movie but I find myself a bit annoyed they felt they had to add that much to the story line.  My ds is all over us to see it.  He loves LOTR.  He's reading the book right now in prep.  Pretty good for a 9 year old.

Damaris - I saw on FB it was two missing kitties. Glad you found your cats.

CC - Enjoy the 6.

Julia - Enjoy your 13 and the good stretch. Sometimes you have to be vigilant about injuries. As for the tri, not really but sort of. I did my first tri (a mini) in September and have a long way to go if I want to do more this summer (which I do). I hate running in heat and tri's seem like a good way to keep racing in the summer. Anyway, I'm working on the skills over winter. Swimming is new to me as of June. I need lots of work! Still training for marathon's this winter. I have 4 between Feb. and May planned. I have a coach who trains people for tri's, up to the IM distance so she's been pretty good for trying to balance all the disciplines.  She's done an IM herself.

Markrice - Sounds like you got a good workout in today. Foggy and 48 is good weather.

Swift - Enjoy the rest!

Jodi - a loop x 6 has got to be more fun than the tm.  I'm glad Sophie is feeling better.

Beth - I'm impressed with your streak of no injuries. That is awesome. I wish I could say the same. I can say I'm going to be vigilant today and foam roll before my run as my calf is feeling tight. As for the weather, I know ours isn't as cold but we did have a massive amount of rain yesterday with water pouring across the road about a .5 mile from our house. Today we have snow.   Of course, our snow will melt soon.

RVDowning - Good job hitting your paces.

PressingOn

Scott - xposted.  I like to do out and back's on our river trail also.  It is so easy and honestly, hard to call it quits early when you're 10 miles out.  Loops always have the temptation to stop.  That said, sometimes loops can be fun.  I actually enjoyed the 18 miler I did all within a mile of my house while a kid was home sick (so I could check on her repeatedly).  It was fun talking to the construction worker's that were out and amazed to see me passing by so many times.  They thought I was nuts.  I was.  Big grin  

Damaris - That is sad about your 5th kitty missing her owner's.  I'm sure she's grateful to you though for getting her out of that shelter.