Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/5/13 (Read 11 times)

jackdyl11

Got an easy 4 in at lunch.  My foot just needed some time to wake up.  I'm going to try to get the rest of my run in after work, since it is apparently going to snow 1000 feet tonight.

SIAR - You're right, missing a whole run, even when you're running 8-10 times a week, takes a chunk out of your mileage.  I try to be more conservative the closer I get to a race because an injury means ruining all the work I've done, while one easy run completed doesn't really mean that much.  There's also probably a shorter race bias coming through.  But, you have to do your own calculation based on how likely you think it is that you're hurt.  Sounds like things worked out, though! Good job on the 14!

Julia1971

The intervals went great this morning. Couldn't have asked for better. I think all 3 were right around 6:30-6:35 pace which is where I think I want to be.

Scott and Jack, Have you abandoned your vehicles, yet? LOL! I bought toilet paper yesterday but am dangerously low on coffee so I'm going to swing by the store.

RVD, That was a lot of food! Hope it was tasty. You hit your paces so that's good. So, you've decided to run the 10K this weekend?

Scott, I probably would run and thinking that I could stay off of it while I was snowed in. I tend to overeat while I'm at work so I'm hoping a snow day will help with my diet.

D_R, Enjoy the 11.

SIAR, I recorded TAR (thanks for the spoiler - just kidding, I'm not into this season yet since I missed the premier) but was up watching Biggest Loser. Very likeable crew this season.

Jack, What did they decide was wrong with your foot?

JoJo, I've never run with a pacing group but it sounds like a good idea.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! Don't think I managed to post yesterday, I checked in and read then had computer issues later in the day. Yesterday I ran just under 4 recovery miles in the morning.

Julia: Hope your 9 with 3x 1 mile went well.

RVD: Great job with your HMP, that much pizza would make me feel sluggish too.

Docket: Hope you have a nice 11.

jojo: I'm always most sore 2 days after a race. I'm planning on running with the 3:55 pacer at least at first.

Scott: Glad the Achilles was not any worse, hope it gets better.

SIAR: Glad your feet felt better for the 14.

jack: Good luck getting the rest of your run in later.

SRD for me today. Legs are not really sore from the 10K, but I think that's partly because I wasn't able to run it all out due to the fatigue. I have a double planned for tomorrow, not that I really need doubles in taper, but just because I want to go to the group run at the store. But I think I'll just do 4 instead of 6 like usual with them. Earlier in the day I'll do 6 with probably ladder intervals, but I might do them more on effort than pace since it will be windy. Trying to really watch what I'm eating now that I'm tapering, would be nice to be even a few pounds lighter by race day.

Good luck to those of you in the path of the storm. We had a bit of rain just now, expecting wind tomorrow, but that's it really.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: x-posted, glad the intervals went well!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

OK, we'll have to meet up, because I think I'm going to run with him/her too Smile.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

11 done this morning...at least there was no snow or freezing precip

first time I have been on here all day....yes, it's been one of those

have a good evening

Bad Ass

11 done.  They were very nice!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."