Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/1/13 - Meteorological Spring is Here! (Read 17 times)

CompetitiveChik

I have got days to catch up on.  Skated 10 miles over really bad roads this morning at a 9:30 pace then shoveled/snow blower for another 20 mins after that.  DD coffee and two donuts are my reward for being out in that mess.

Hoping for a big mileage month in March before tapering the first of April.  It may be hard as I have vacation the last week and will be out of town training for a few days earlier in the month.

Thinkin of you and the wife. Can't believe it was  yr ago that we met and ran the same race. Gonna miss ya

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Finally got out of a training session, so I have more time to do some shoutouts.

Julia, my boss is not happy with the Duke loss but I am!

Beth, I'm assuming there are lots of fun pics, right?  RIGHT?

Scott, I have 16 as well and looking forward to them because the weather is going to be great, for once.

marco, how's work?  Ours just got a little more...interesting.

Rach, kill the race tomorrow!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hi all!  SRD again.  Tomorrow is my last pre-race run and then Sunday is the marathon.  Today I will gather all my race essentials and outfit together.  Whoop!  Later this evening I have the first meeting of the new Tri Club I joined.  I'm anxious to see who all else joined up and will be a part of it.  I think they said there were around 35 people that joined.  Yesterday I went through the tri calendar (I had to get my mind off the marathon) and settled on what I think will be my summer race schedule.  There is one 10 minutes from my house that has a youth distance for my dd.  Very excited for her.  I'll do the sprint and am hoping I can talk my dh into doing it also.  September has one about 30 minutes away and I'm thinking of making it an Oly distance.  We'll see how the sprint goes first! ha ha.

Beth - Lol about pinching Jack Sparrow's bottom. I wonder how often that happens to him. Does your dh know? Huge congrats on the swim! It really does seem to work that way. One day it's hard to swim far and the next it's simple.

Jodi - Sorry your 4 had to be on the tm.  I take it your dh prefers you in long hair? I don't much care for facial hair on my dh either.

Julia - Hurray for fresh legs in time for the last lr. Don't overdo the liquor though or those fresh legs may become wobbly and unstable legs. Wink

Scott - Nah, go ahead and freak out if you want. The parking pass sounds like it's worth the $20.00. Enjoy your easy and short 16 miles.

Jackdyll - You're right. A lot of you have J names. You'll get your speed (cause you're oh so slow not racing - said in sarcastic tone - lol) at the race. Good luck!

Marco - Thanks for the image of you skating across bad roads. I picture you with blades on the bottoms of your running shoes. Coffee and donuts sound good but alas, not for me today.

Damaris - have a fun 6 miles!

runmom - Welcome back! Great job on your running and increase in speed. That's gotta be exciting. Sounds like you have a great coach. I am loving my coach. It's nice to know someone has your back and is there to help you make your goals, even if they have goals for you that seem out of reach. Lol.

Rachel - Good luck tomorrow!!!

Mostly Harmless

Another busy day for me. No time to reply to all but a quick shout out to Rachel for tomorrow. Go get that PR!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Damaris--trying to do the same job with a lot less resources.....maybe.  I am management, so then there's the union.  Not fun.

Bad Ass

PO, enjoy the rest day.  Good luck this weekend as well!

marco ,I hear you.  Furlough letters got here two weeks ago.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just checking in for a sec...hope to be back later. I did 10.11 miles, with the meat to the workout being 2x10min btwn HMP and 10k pace, with 2 minute active recovery. I was probably a little too fast, but happy to get the workout in and not be slow in the blowing wind and snow. I'll have to be smarter as the workout progress through the cycle to 3 and then 4 reps.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

JoJo, Good luck with the new do! I have a bad habit of cutting my hair super short before my marathons. I cut the back this morning and I think it's okay. Going to cut the sides and do my dye job tomorrow.

Marco, I bet that coffee and donut hit the spot.

RunMom, Welcome back! Those unexpected bursts of speed are fantastic. Let it roll. I'm doing a 2.5 week taper. My last hard workout was Wednesday... I think my outfit will be an ensemble I bought from Gore Running Apparel - a fushia singlet and black compression-type shorts... When is your next race? Let me know if you want me to add it to the calendar.

CC, Go get that PR!

D_R, I forget that I have friends who went to Duke. I should probably be nicer but they have to know everyone in the ACC hates them. LOL!

Pressing, Have a great race this weekend! I was saying yesterday that I should give up alcohol at some point. Today's not that day, though. LOL!

SIAR, Sounds like a solid workout. Hope you're recovering well.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Last time they won, the boss paid for our lunch and he decorated the whole office blue and white.  We had to hear a play by play of the finals.  I don't even watch baseball!

I also hate he used to introduce one of the other attorneys as X, she graduated from Duke.  It gives me pleasure to see is the one attorney that has been a disappointment.  LOL.

JoJo, Good luck with the new do! I have a bad habit of cutting my hair super short before my marathons. I cut the back this morning and I think it's okay. Going to cut the sides and do my dye job tomorrow.

Marco, I bet that coffee and donut hit the spot.

RunMom, Welcome back! Those unexpected bursts of speed are fantastic. Let it roll. I'm doing a 2.5 week taper. My last hard workout was Wednesday... I think my outfit will be an ensemble I bought from Gore Running Apparel - a fushia singlet and black compression-type shorts... When is your next race? Let me know if you want me to add it to the calendar.

CC, Go get that PR!

D_R, I forget that I have friends who went to Duke. I should probably be nicer but they have to know everyone in the ACC hates them. LOL!

Pressing, Have a great race this weekend! I was saying yesterday that I should give up alcohol at some point. Today's not that day, though. LOL!

SIAR, Sounds like a solid workout. Hope you're recovering well.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...Wow, your sports mojo right now is pretty incredible.  I missed that game, and am kinda mad about it since I was just watching junk laying in bed.  Good luck with all the stuff at work related to the furlough...I can imagine how messy that is.  I like your idea of taking a car to your race.  You should just take a limo and be really inconspicuous.  Maybe some gold shoes for the race too, ala Michael Johnson in the Olympics Smile  Do you cut your own hair?  I always go for the pre-race short cut as well, which makes it funny because it's the only time my hair lady sees me.  As for recovering...I'm definitely tired!  I had a hard day Wednesday and again today, so it was probably a little much.  I have my compression socks on though, and even got a nap, so I should be good by tomorrow for some easy miles.

Beth...Hey, welcome back!  I figured you'd have an awesome time, and it certainly sounds like you did.  That's really great improvement with your swimming.  You'll have that part nailed down for sure...just get some open water work in if you can.  Hope the run was good to you today.

Jodi...Punishing your husband with your hair huh?  I have to say that made me laugh.  I guess the joke will be on you if he really likes it though!  I'm with you about mustaches though...they should probably be outlawed.

NotScott...No need to freak out about a race you know you're going to kill!  Excitement is good though.  I don't blame ya for taking the parking pass option - I'd go that way too.  Hopefully Mr. Gore won't be knocking at your door.  I'm with you on the "only" thing about the mileage.  I think people take it the wrong way when I say that sometimes, but it doesn't feel like much anymore.  That's progress!

Jack...Sorry the workout wasn't as good as you would have liked.  No need to push it though with a race coming this weekend.  I bet you're excited to get back to racing again.  I guess I'm out with the "J" thing too huh?

Marco...10 miles is a long way to skate!  I'd break an ankle after just a few strides.  Good luck getting your miles in this month with everything going on.  I'm hoping for a big PR month too.

Docket...How's the sacrum these days?  Sounds like quite the little competitive thing you have going on with your boss there.  Hope the miles later are good.

RMT3b...Nice to see you here...hope you can make it more often.  Your pace jump has been crazy.  I made one of those jumps too, but I think I'm ready for another.  Where do I sign up?  Your 5 mile TT was awesome...I'm going to have to work hard to beat that on my race on the 16th I think.  I'm probably not going to go out too hard though, so it may not be a 100% effort.  Keep on listening to that coach - he's gonna be great for you.

CC...Good luck tomorrow!  I hope that hamstring doesn't hold you back any.  It sure looks like you have the weather to really let the legs go.

Pressing...I'm not used to this thing where you're doing marathons every other week!  Good luck to you too!  That's exciting to get to meet some new people for the tri group.  Putting the race calendar together is fun too.  I have no doubt you'll work up to that olympic distance.  The fact that your dd can join you is really neat too.  Sorry if I offended you yesterday with the cold comment...I get frustrated when people tell me I'm sick more often than I really am too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Pressing...I'm not used to this thing where you're doing marathons every other week!  Good luck to you too!  That's exciting to get to meet some new people for the tri group.  Putting the race calendar together is fun too.  I have no doubt you'll work up to that olympic distance.  The fact that your dd can join you is really neat too.  Sorry if I offended you yesterday with the cold comment...I get frustrated when people tell me I'm sick more often than I really am too.

SIAR - I'm not offended.  Between ds, dh and me it does seem like someone has always had a cold these past few weeks. Well, that and I went through my taper freak out over germs last race so I posted about them a lot. I feel a lot more casual this time.  I don't think my brain has realized it's already time for another marathon.  Anyway, I more just wanted to shout out how happy and impressed I am that we've avoided the real illnesses this year! Big grin  Sounds like you had a good workout today.  I think I see a smokin' fast PR in your future!

Just B.S.

Hi folks!!!  here is a link to my Disney "Experience" Report in case you want to see the photos.

I'm not calling it a race. We went for fun and I planned for and ran by far a Personal Worst/Most Fun

Half Marathon ever for #25.

Had 23 photo stops but still managed a 2:32 in 94% humidity.

Thanks for the shout outs everyone.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1cf1711dab3442789d17f39782a8aa86/0

PRESSING, excited for you girl!! Can't wait to hear! and a new tri club. That should be fun!

And yes I couldn't wait to tell hubby!LOL Jack's butt was nice but hubby's is pretty amazing too!LOL

SIAR, we plan on hitting the river as soon as the temps allow. For us that will be early June.

CC, good luck tomorrow.

I had another swim distance PR today, 1,300 meters easily done. Seems the only limiting factor now

is how much time I have available to swim. I plan on keeping on with the twice weekly clinics and once

weekly distance swim.

Hitting the treadmill soon for some miles.

Swim clinic tomorrow morning.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...If you can ice fish on it, I say you can get in there for open water swimming.  Just find a hole and dive in Smile  Will you still need a wetsuit in June?

Pressing...I figured you weren't upset, but I didn't want to cause controversy two days in a row!  Maybe it won't hit you that you're doing another marathon at all...you'll just breeze through it!  I hope I have a big PR in me - I don't want to have to rethink my training again.

Just B.S.

Beth...If you can ice fish on it, I say you can get in there for open water swimming.  Just find a hole and dive in Smile  Will you still need a wetsuit in June?

We can't even get in here without a wet suit until early June, possibly late May if it's been really warm. Our temps

in May average low 50's.  Our open water tri's don't start until the middle of June and those are always lake swims.

My June 2nd tri is an outdoor pool swim. Still too cold for open water.Sad

Bad Ass

I read it, Beth.  I love all the pictures!  You girls had a lot of fun (which is what Disney races are for).

Blog