runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

fake it till you make it

Good Morning Dailies!

It's 4 a.m. here. Waiting for my running buddy to pull in the driveway for our 9 or 10 miles this morning. So glad to have a  friend who is crazy dedicated enough to run so early with me in the dark and cold.  Here's hoping for not slippery streets and for the cofffee to be brewed when I get home!

Julia1971

JenRosie, You were up early this morning!  Yeah, that's a nice good running buddy.  Hope y'all had a good running.

I'm sipping coffee and Nuun getting ready for my medium run.  I was thinking of sleeping in and running in to work but I'm not 100% sure I have a winter coat at work for the commute home later.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

fake it till you make it

10 miles done, showered, and sipping coffee- all before 7 a.m. Going to be a productive day. Have the new furnace estimator coming today (bye bye tax return!), am switching out 6 light fixtures in our house, going to the dentist, etc. See, no time for core workout once again. Big grin

Julia hope the medium run was a good one.  From yesterday- yes this is my first Boston. Logistics taken care of- there are 6 of us who are going together and we rented a house which I think is going to be a great way to go. Booked airline tickets yesterday, getting in Friday and staying through Wednesday.  Now, I just need to get my head in the right frame of mind so that I'm not nervous excited for the actual racing!

Uh oh, kids are awake. Peaceful time of day is over!  Until their bedtime tonight, which my husband and I refer to as "happy hour."

Cleared to run again. (Happy Dance!  Smile)  Will start off with a slow 6 on the treadmill tomorrow, 10 on the greenway on Saturday, and then try for my 3wu+10@MP+3cd on Sunday assuming the preceding stuff has gone ok.  You guys have probably shoved my year-to-date mileage off the first screen by now.

Just B.S.

Morning!! Swimming clinic tonight  from 6-7:15.    No running today and I'm glad of it. For two reasons, I am tired

and the feels like temp is -22F. If I was to run if would have to be on the treadmill and that is my least favorite

thing to do.

The coach works us pretty hard at clinic and my day yesterday was exhausting. Since this is now day 34 without a

day off and I have to run tomorrow I am almost glad that we may be getting a huge snowstorm on Saturday. If the

aquatic center is open we will be there at 7:15 am Sat but if the storm causes it to be closed I won't be upset.Smile

This was my day yesterday and by 10pm I was completely exhausted. Maybe I am getting old??

Up at 6am for 1000 yards in the pool. Drove into town with hubby and took the bus home, walked 1.5 miles

up my mountain from the bus stop  with my heavy swimming bag. That entire trip from leaving the house to

arriving back home is 3 hours, arrived home @ 10:00.

Then housework/cooked dinner and had an appointment.

Then 6 miles of hills @ 4pm  in 1:03. Slow but not as slow as I thought given that I had already swam in the morning.

Then shower/dinner and walk the dog 2 miles.    Then against my better judgement wasted 2 hours watching A.I.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

JenRosie, nice to see you back posting regularly and all sunny and chipper!! I'm so excited for you going to your

first Boston!! I will never BQ (of that I'm sure!LOL probably because I don't really try that hard to get there) but I

went in 2010 when hubby ran and it was an amazing experience. It was what prompted me after 12 years of

running and 16 half marathons (at that time) to run my first full at age 48. I had been at the start and  finish line of

many many marathons doing my halfs and watching hubby's fulls but Boston was such a special experience that

it made me want to do just one full to know that I could (doing #6 in May so I guess I like them).

One tip for you in case you don't already know........there are meeting areas for family/friends but there were so

chaotic that it is still difficult to find people.......I missed hubby there but we had a back up plan of a certain city street

corner and I found him there instead.

As we walked back to our team bus people on the street saw hubby with his mylar blanket and medal were

congratulating him and patting him on the back with real enthusiasm. It made me tear up. The people of

Boston really love their marathon and it shows.

P.S. I remember happy hour very well! LOL  Now my happy time is when my boys come home for a visit.Smile

Julia, hope you had a good run! What an awesome pic you posted yesterday! and i didn't see any snow, lucky you!

RVDowning, great news!!

SIAR, you want to go swimming you know you do!LOL You don't want me doing a tri this summer before you!!!

Scott, the wind combined with the cold is the worst!!!

NTS, sounds like you had a great running day yesterday! Especially with the beer and pizza afterward. I don't drink

beer but it still sounds fun!LOL

Hello to all that follow! HAve a great day!

maybe this evening I'll have time to catch up on today's and yesterday's posts.

10 for the second day in a row on the TM.  Yesterday was MP and today was LR pace

Mostly Harmless

Cleared to run again. (Happy Dance!  Smile)  Will start off with a slow 6 on the treadmill tomorrow, 10 on the greenway on Saturday, and then try for my 3wu+10@MP+3cd on Sunday assuming the preceding stuff has gone ok.  You guys have probably shoved my year-to-date mileage off the first screen by now.

Woo-hoo! Congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hi all!  Last lr of taper.  I have 8 miles on the plan.  I'm kind of looking forward to having most of my Thursday free for other things rather than spending a huge chunk of it on the roads.  Playdate went well yesterday.  The boys had a great time and spent most of the time in ds's room laughing.  Loved the sounds of laughter echoing through the house.  Ds has had a hard time making friends.  Seems every time he makes a good friend that friend moves away.  And then we moved.  It's been rough on him so this was good.

Mix of yesterday and today on my personal's.

Julia - Nice photo of a non-race start. Smile I took my ipod with me for my last marathon and never touched it. I always get wrapped up in the race vibe. This next race may be lonelier though so we'll see. My dh bought me a wrist watch band for my ipod nano which makes it super simple to take with me and not think about.

JenRosie - 4:00 a.m. is early! Great job on getting those 10 miles in before normal folks (like me) wake up. Guess that is one reason you are going to Boston and I am not. Ha! Ugh! Cannot fathom trying to sell a house with kids in it. We bought a new house last year but rented out our old one instead of selling. Every time we looked at a new house I was so grateful I wasn't trying to sell. Once, when we looked at the house we ended up buying, she had dirty dishes in the sink and some laundry in the mud room. This was a 2nd look for us so I guess she figured one time spotless was enough. Lol. Didn't phase me. We bought anyway.

RVD - Great news about being cleared to run! Phew, huh?

Beth - You know, skipping a clinic here and there probably wouldn't be the end of the world. Or you could skip your personal swim one day and just do clinic. Wink  No one would judge you here.  Well, not out loud anyway.  LOL!  Your dedication is admirable but don't wear yourself out too much.  I'm amazed sometimes how tired I can be later in the day after a swim because I don't feel all that tired while swimming.  It gives a false feeling of relaxation.

Marco - Good luck catching up on posts. It's been chatty here lately. In other words, no pressure. Hope you can make it off the tm one of these days.

Hi to all that follow.  I'm sure I'll check back in later.  Gotta make ds bfst real quick before school.  Dd left for school an hour ago.  They start at 7:30 and her bus comes at 6:30.  Poor kid.

PressingOn

Scott - I missed you somehow.  Have you done your time trial yet?

Just B.S.

Thanks PE! LOL I know all of that in my head and strangely enough I have no problem skipping run days when I

need to!LOL

However when I get it in my head to do something new  it's usually at 110% and the swimming seems to be no

different.  I might skip a personal swim but not clinic because I feel like I get so much out of them and I love being

there with our friends.

I too find it strange how after the swim I feel great and so relaxed but it's about 6-8 hours later this incredible

fatigue just  hits me and I find myself look for the closest place to lie down!! That doesn't happen with running!

Beth - You know, skipping a clinic here and there probably wouldn't be the end of the world. Or you could skip your personal swim one day and just do clinic. Wink  No one would judge you here.  Well, not out loud anyway.  LOL!  Your dedication is admirable but don't wear yourself out too much.  I'm amazed sometimes how tired I can be later in the day after a swim because I don't feel all that tired while swimming.  It gives a false feeling of relaxation.

Mostly Harmless

Scott - I missed you somehow.  Have you done your time trial yet?

Not yet. I'm doing a very slow 5 today, resting tomorrow and then running on Saturday.

I feel for your son. I moved a lot as a kid and I remember a lot of lonely times, particularly when we moved over the summer when school was out.  It was always so much harder to find kids that you shared interests with outside of school. I'm glad that he had a good time with his new bud yesterday.

Off to a meeting.  I'll try to check in with everyone else later.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  My run last night had asthma issues but I hope today's will be better.  10-12 miles tonight.  Not sure how many I"ll be able to do due to time and breathing.

Just got back from court.  Hope everybody has a great day!

PS, I need a vacation.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Hope the medium run was good!

JenRosie: Nice 10!

RVD: Great news! Hope the return to running goes smoothly.

B.S: Have fun at swimming clinic. Hope you're able to get some rest soon.

marco: Nice 10 on the TM.

Pressing: Hope you have a nice 8.

Scott: Hope you enjoy the slow 5.

Docket: Hope your run today goes better than yesterday's.

SIAR (from yesterday): I have food and/or beer after many of my group runs. Have another short group run for tonight which will have beer and probably food (not sure what kind) after.

So I'd thought about another double, but did not see the point of doing 2 separate runs in rain today. I'll do a warmup run, then a brief interval session almost right before this evening's short group run (will take the group run very easy). Should hopefully get around 10 for the day. Rain is supposed to be tapering off later, so I may not get rained on that much.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bit of a run fail for me today. I couldn't get my legs to move for either of the two quality workouts I had considered. The real trouble was, I didn't realize this soon enough as I did the first 6 miles at easy pace and felt fine. Had I felt it sooner, I'd have just done recovery miles. I ended up with a little over 10 miles, and even though I don't really buy into "junk" miles, these were pretty close to it. I'll likely take tomorrow easy since I have about 34 I'd like to run on the weekend.

. I'll have to catch up with everyone later.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)