Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 11/28 (Read 272 times)

Finally PRed!!!

SIAR: I ended up with about 52.5 last week. I was running mileage similar to that last winter and spring leading up to my spring marathon, but was not hitting any decent paces, and I think it was a bit more than I was able to handle at the time. Legs were just dead, did not improve with recovery days or cutback weeks, and never came back in time for the race, despite a 3 week taper. But I've taken some extra weight back off since then, which has helped with the paces, and now I'm being very careful to increase the mpw just slowly, to make sure I'm adapting. Do you mean compression socks? I do have a few pairs and also some calf sleeves which I like a lot, too. Wore my CEP socks for my run this evening, they do seem to help. I like Hudson's workouts, don't do everything according to his suggestions, but I do like the way he works little bits of faster running into many runs in ways that are fun.

Pressing: hope you had a nice swim. Sounds like you got some great deals at JCP.

jojo: congrats on the weight loss!

hilltopper: thanks for starting up the group over here. I kind of like the set-up here, I started a group for Atlanta and  North GA runners, kind of neat how anyone can just start a group up

B.S.: great username!

Well, got  in 6.5 and did not feel too bad, it was nice out, upper 50s, Hope everyone has a great evening.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Forgot to mention I broke the 2000 mile mark for the year in today's run! Smile

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 5.2 miles with the group tonight.  My legs felt fresh and it was a good run in general, which is a little surprising since the first 3 miles are all a climb. 

Notswift...That's a great week.  I'm just now getting back in that range too.  Sorry about your last race experience.  I'm actually thinking of trying the other way this time...a shorter taper so that I can come in a little sharper than I have to my previous marathons.  I guess for me being healthy for a whole training period will really be the biggest thing.  I don't know if compression socks and recovery socks are a little different or not.  The ones I have are just meant for post-run, but I'm sure there can't be too much difference with what you're using.  I'm glad the run felt good for you.

Pressing...this gets my vote for home.  And it'd be typical if JCP doesn't have that brand for me...we're always getting short changed in the clothing department.  Hence why I actually stooped to trying on a colorful pair of womens Nike running shorts to see if they'd work this summer.  Oddly, they made my butt look big ha.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great work on the 2k miles too Swift!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

onemile

Forgot to mention I broke the 2000 mile mark for the year in today's run! Smile

Very cool! Congrats!

jojo--great to hear from you and congrats on the weight loss!

swift--WTG on hitting the 2000 goal.  One of the only reasons I am trying to get some miles in is to beat last year's total.  I am 255 away from 2011's total.  I don't care if I beat it by one mile.

Hill--I won't be doing anything different for Boston than what I am doing now.  Almost all my runs are hilly ones and I run almost all of them at the same pace and try to average 50-60 mpw.  About a month out, I will do 2 or 3 LRs.