Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/6/2013 (Read 14 times)

Just B.S.

I suppose you could pull on a friends ankle?  But yes, talking is a bit more difficult.  Lol!  I don't know that I get in a groove at clinics.  Those darn drills throw my breathing way off and I always reach the end of the pool gasping for air.  However, I think I swim faster at clinic.  Maybe that is why I'm out of breath.

Last Thursday he had us a bunch of crazy freestyle drills. One where you make a fist with your hand

and try to swim the stroke normally. It's supposed to make you more aware of the position of your

forearm in the water but it just made me feeling like I was going to drown!LOL We had to do that one

for 3X50.

PressingOn

This last time we had to pause in the "relaxed" position for 3 full seconds (as in 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi).  So as our front arm was coming back and our back arm was coming out of the water ... stop and hold it .. go, pause, go, pause, go pause.  Yeah, that was fun.  Lol.  It was to help us learn when to let our muscles relax in the stroke.  The fist sounds interesting.  I'm almost tempted to try it on Friday.  lol.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You girls and your swim talk are making me feel so guilty for not being in the water!

I ran 14.08 miles this morning, with 5x3min hill repeats(with slow, jog back recoveries) in the middle of the run. I also ran from home, which I never do because I live on top of a nearly un-runnable hill. Tonight is a group run night, so after the evening's 5 I'll have had a good day of running.

Unfortunately am on iPad again, so will try to catch you good people later.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning!

B.S.: Have fun swimming!

I have a double today, easy 10 at lunchtime, then 6 later with a group (this is the run with pizza and beer after that got postponed from last week because of the bad weather, should be a lotta peeps there).

Have a great day, all!

That sounds awesome.  My group doesn't come with food, or at least not too much.  Enjoy the runs.

Julia...I think we should all vote on your singlet choice haha.  Glad you're feeling healthy, but I don't think you're supposed to say that out loud!  Have a good double day.

Scott...Hope the 12 felt good.  Your a tough chap for being willing to do a HM time trial.  I don't think I could get excited enough to put that effort in on my own.

CC...Yikes, definitely good you and your coach are getting on the same page so you don't end up ready to kill the HM you don't have.

RVD...Hope you get some useful information from the chiropractor and that you can get back to some easy miles at least.  Maybe you could up the volume of easy running if you can do that without pain.  You wouldn't lose much of the speed work you had done already, and it may give you the time you need to get healthy.

Beth...Let me know what you decide as far as a tri plan, just because I'm curious.  I was really leaning towards Joe Friel's stuff when I had been looking.

Pressing...Have fun with the rest and clean, and spray your son's visitor down so he doesn't get you sick!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Brains aint me forte

Holy crap was I under-dressed for this run. Temps were in the 30's but the wind just sucked the life out of me. Splits were all over the place because I kept speeding up when the wind was in my face.

Scott...Hope the 12 felt good.  Your a tough chap for being willing to do a HM time trial.  I don't think I could get excited enough to put that effort in on my own.

The time trial is a good excuse to stop holding back and run as fast as I can. Who couldn't get excited about that? Cool

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Got my double in today.  The morning run was pretty uneventful.  It was a bit slower than usual, but it's a recovery run, so I tried not to read anything into it.  I also did some striders before my cooldown.  My legs felt nice and loose, which I thought was good.  The afternoon run was a bit fast - 8:35 pace for a recovery run.  Disapprove  It was during my lunch hour and I think I was hurrying to get it in.  I'm glad I did it, though - it was a beautiful (but crisp) day.  At one point, I stopped to snap a snap a picture of the RnR USA start for Scott, only to find out...  This is not it.  We start at 14th and Constitution which is one block away.  Still a nice picture, though:

Just B.S., I didn't do anything to treat the achilles.  I get "injuries" that seem to go away in a day or two, so I tend to only treat things that linger...  I can't even imagine swimming drills... Good luck with your double!  This is a long day for you.

Pressing, I will race with my iPod sometimes and not actually listen to it.  I just like knowing I have it if I hit a rough patch sometimes...  Hope you had a nice rest day.

SIAR, You put in a lot of miles today.  I imagine you're feeling pretty good yourself...  The race outfit is almost as important as the playlist.  I want good race pictures.  Smile

Scott, It was windy today.  But, the sun made it feel warmer, I thought.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

fake it till you make it

NTS double run, pizza, and beer? Sounds like the perfect day!!!

Julia So glad to hear you are injury free.  My two thoughts re: singlets/shimmels are 1)God, how I wish I had the abs to feel secure running in a shimmel!  My own fault for perpetually skipping core work and never skipping ice cream.  2) I know you know better than to try anything the first time on race day, but I have found some snugger tops tend to ride up on me so make sure that shimmel isn’t driving you crazy with constantly tugging it down in a race.  And cool pic from your run today- I think it would be cool to have the scenery of your city on the run!

ImNotScott  the time trial is on your own?  I hope its under better conditions that today’s run.  I’ve overdressed for many a winter run, but I’ll take that any day over underdressing in this weather- that can be miserable.

CC nice work on running and spinning both today.

JustBS glad to hear you had one of those swims where you nailed it.

Pressing, oh how I can relate! How many more times (hundreds? Thousands?) will I have to tell my 9 year old and 6 year old how to make a bed- or at least that throwing the covers over the mess underneath doesn’t count.  We are putting our house on the market soon and I have no idea how we’ll keep it spotless with a 4, 6, & 9 year old under this roof.

SIAR- impressive mileage for the day!

9 miles done for me today.  Since I'm running easy this week after being sick (no speedwork/quality) I decided to do a hilly route where I had to run some very long downhills trying to mimic Boston terrain.  Was fun to let the feet turn over quick on the downhills, albeit a wee bit scary since it is icy everywhere here. No falls and broken bones so that's a successful run!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 more miles done...nice time as always with the group.

Scott...I've got myself so cautious about running slowly that speed stuff scares me, but I can see why the run will be fun for you. Cold doesn't sound fun for your run today...I hate when I miscalculate.

Julia...that pic makes me miss city running! Was that feeling pretty good yourself a song line? Glad you got your runs in. No need to worry about recovery pace in my book.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jen...yay, glad you're feeling better and getting some good miles in. I'm terrible at downhills. I need to try your approach and let it go!

Julia1971

JenRosie, I'm so glad you're feeling better.  This is your first Boston, right?  Have you done most of your logistics?...  Yeah, I'm trying to buy something now/this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to break it in.  I'm about 35 days out from my race so, still a few long runs to test the top out.

SIAR, I do worry about running recovery runs too fast since I'm a high mileage runner... I was referencing you saying I wasn't supposed to say I'm injury free out loud.  If you're putting in all those miles, I was guessing you're feeling good and injury free yourself.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

JenRosie, I'm so glad you're feeling better.  This is your first Boston, right?  Have you done most of your logistics?...  Yeah, I'm trying to buy something now/this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to break it in.  I'm about 35 days out from my race so, still a few long runs to test the top out.

SIAR, I do worry about running recovery runs too fast since I'm a high mileage runner... I was referencing you saying I wasn't supposed to say I'm injury free out loud.  If you're putting in all those miles, I was guessing you're feeling good and injury free yourself.

I meant don't worry about them if they're slow, but then I saw your second one was fast. Fast I worry about too. Even if I do feel good you'll never hear me say it, except maybe in a very tiny whisper of a font.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Did the lunchtime 10 nice and easy (it was low-mid 60s out and sunny), and the evening 6+ with the group I ran as a long tempo, about 10-15 sec faster than MP (so slower than Julia's second recovery run, but I was happy with it!). Definitely pretty close to a perfect day, running-wise! The pizza and beer after were great!

Sounds like you all got some great running in today, I'll catch up on personals in the morning!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09