Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/9/13 (Read 13 times)

Bad Ass

Jodi,. you need to remember to be firm and don't let people do that to you.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Five miles done at recovery pace. I didn't feel awful, so that's something.  It's going to take a while to get used to running in temps over 55F.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

I got 6 miles in during lunch.  I was pretty tired so had a Red Bull before I headed out.  I got some side stitches but nothing too bad.  And it was warm out - 81 degrees - but I maintained a nice pace.  Tourist dodging was even worse than yesterday, but I figured out a less crowded route to try next time.  I stopped and took a picture of the Cherry Blossoms and the Jefferson Memorial:

JenRosie, Yeah, it was hot.  I'm not complaining, though.  Yet.

Jack, I hope you feel better soon.

Hilltopper, I've wondered about logging strides myself.  I don't but I've often thought, "Why not"?

RVD, Thanks for posting that guide.  I need to mentally transition from thinking about wind chill to thinking about dewpoints.

Scott, The sudden change has made me dehydrated.  I've probably had 2 or 3 times as much liquid as usual these past two days...  Happy birthday to your mom.  I'm sure you're having fond memories of her today.

D_R, You run in some muggy conditions.  You're going to be my summer running motivator.

JoJo, Sorry to hear about the bonk.  It's tough adjusting so suddenly to the temps, though...  That lady sounds very self-absorbed.  Don't let her get to you.  Enjoy the wine!

Pressing, I hope the migraine goes away and your MP run went well.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Didn't get a run in today. Knee/calf felt sore and stiff. Doh!!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Didn't get a run in today. Knee/calf felt sore and stiff. Doh!!

Sad  Really?  We're not panicking...  And, knees are no big deal - all runners knees hurt.  But, the calf...  Do you think you pulled something?

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

SIAR, hope your calf feels better.

Julia, not sure if I can motivate when I'll be cursing the weather all the time.

Did 7 in muggy conditions, LOL.  My 8 X 100m went great.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."