Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/25/2013 (Read 14 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Workout for today was 15.5 miles at easy pace over lunch.  The temp was 15 when I started, and we had about an inch of fresh snow on the ground.  I'd say by the time I finished we got another 1.5"-2" more.  My water bottle froze by mile 7, which was a little annoying, but other than that the run was quiet and peaceful.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Super busy today.  6 recovery miles later.  Sorry for the post and run.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

D_R, You are always on the go!  Hope all is going well.

SIAR, I just took a peek at your log.  You need to run 18.1 miles tomorrow.  Wink

Jack, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury.  The name rang a bell so I searched the forums and sure enough, someone posted about that condition this past spring.  It looks like there was some advice in that thread for dealing with it.  One poster (DJTaylor) seemed to have treated it well enough that he was able to run high mileage again if you're looking for some hope.  Have you thought about getting a second opinion?  I noticed in that thread Trent (our resident doctor) might have seemed skeptical and that the OP was ultimately diagnosed with something else...  I haven't dealt with an injury but I had a surgery almost two years ago that put me out of commission for a good month due to some swelling.  I came back more determined than ever but I had to let my body heal...  If you're pain-free, I hope you still run Cherry Blossom even if it's not for time.  Smile

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...I run my weeks Monday to Sunday, so plenty of time. Unless I'm missing something? Tomorrow is a run with the group, 8-10 I think.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Julia...I run my weeks Monday to Sunday, so plenty of time. Unless I'm missing something? Tomorrow is a run with the group, 8-10 I think.

Ooooh.  I thought you were at 71.9 miles for the week and would hit 90 with 18.1 tomorrow.  My bad.  I'm a terrible log stalker.  LOL!  Have fun with the group tomorrow.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ooooh.  I thought you were at 71.9 miles for the week and would hit 90 with 18.1 tomorrow.  My bad.  I'm a terrible log stalker.  LOL!  Have fun with the group tomorrow.

Oh me too! Logs are the best feature on this site in my book. I'll either get 90 or a few short, but this is only week 7 of 20. I'd love to hit 100 this cycle in an honest week...meaning actually building to it and not just doing it to do it.

Julia1971

Oh me too! Logs are the best feature on this site in my book. I'll either get 90 or a few short, but this is only week 7 of 20. I'd love to hit 100 this cycle in an honest week...meaning actually building to it and not just doing it to do it.

I've been on this site for years but I haven't really log stalked very much.  I've guess I just felt like I was prying when I did it...  You are running so well right now.  I've been meaning to ask how you tore both PFs.  That sounds pretty bad.

PressingOn

Hey all!  Quick post as my laptop battery is about dead.  My 12 miles turned into an 11 miler due to poor time management.  Did the miles on the dirt path again for more trail practice.  It was a good run.

Scott - Were your toes hitting the ends of your shoes?
                  20 vs 22. I don't know but my coach is having me run 22 next week. She had me do one before my last marathon also. Did it help? Maybe. I did PR. I have a lower mileage plan too which is opposite of what SIAR mentioned.

Swift - Good recovery day?

RVD - Good luck tomorrow at the 5K!

Marco - One word. Brrr...

Julia - More tm, huh? Sorry. Hope it's warmer for your 20 miler.

SIAR - Your 15 miles today sounds peaceful and calm. I love running in fresh snow. I haven't been able to do that yet this year.

Jackd - that's really just horrible news to hear. I'm so sorry! I wonder if physical therapy could offer help with toe flexability? And I too have had to take a couple months off for injury before. It sucks. I hope you find some answers soon that work in  your favor.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I've been on this site for years but I haven't really log stalked very much.  I've guess I just felt like I was prying when I did it...  You are running so well right now.  I've been meaning to ask how you tore both PFs.  That sounds pretty bad.

You're better than me...I started looking right when I got here. I'm just always curious to read people's comments in the context of their current training. I know better than to judge someone by their log alone though since we all have more to our running stories than can be told in our last 3 months' runs.

As for the PFs, they went in my 5k PR back on 2010 (my last 5k) and my half PR in 2011. It's kinda a neat feeling, almost like you've stepped on a grape and then a rush of fluid in the foot. Then the whole thing goes black and blue and swells up pretty big. The first one was a lot worse than the second, and that's the one I wore the walking boot for.

Those experiences are why I race so little...kinda terrifies me. I'm starting to get some confidence back though.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...nice job getting out there with the time you had. Do you like the trail better than the road?

Julia1971

It's kinda a neat feeling, almost like you've stepped on a grape and then a rush of fluid in the foot. Then the whole thing goes black and blue and swells up pretty big.

Gross!  But, yeah, I can see why you'd be race shy after that.  You were new to running then, though, right?  So maybe it was a freak thing.  Yeah, gross.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yep, during the race. Pretty painful to finish, but as we've already determined, I'm a gamer haha. You would say it was gross...girls lol.

Julia1971

Yep, during the race. Pretty painful to finish, but as we've already determined, I'm a gamer haha. You would say it was gross...girls lol.

Blech.  Let's never speak of this again.  Smile  I'm glad you recovered, though.