Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/28/12 (Read 155 times)

Julia1971

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Happy Friday!

A slow start for me - I overslept.  I need to get out the door soon if I want to get my 6 mile recovery run in before work.  I'm watching the local news and it looks like we're getting rain/snow tomorrow.  So, I may need to push my long run to Sunday.  I don't know that I like all this schedule juggling.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

CompetitiveChik

WooHoo....Friday! Ack! dressed and was fixin to head out the door when it started pouring. guess I'll have to do it tonight after work. Hoperfully I'll have the energy. We're doin a deep cleaning at work (spring cleaning). I spent 8hrs yesterday cleaning 2 closets. maybe I'll plug in some more yoga. I seem to be enjoying it a bit more everytime.

Julie - I know what you mean. it's hard to stay focused and motivated when my schedule is constantly changing. my last 21 miler will be on sunday when we're up in dallas. I'll run when I go to my cousins but I don't like doin my long runs b/c it takes a lot of time away from hangin with them. luckily though she's great and understands.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: hope the 6 went well.

CC: better luck with your run tonight.

I'm planning a tempo run later. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just B.S.

Morning everyone!!

Didn't have to get up for that 4am wake up call! Still snowing (since 12 noon yesterday) and flight is now delayed

until 4pm.  Freezing rain most of last evening.

I'm letting the boy sleep in as he has been quite sick with a cold over Christmas.

Gives me time to get in a run. The roads are a mess but unless I'm really desperate I avoid the treadmill.

Have a good one folks!

Good morning,

Woke up 30 mins before the alarm at 4:30, so in between two breakfasts, loading the dishwasher, 30 minutes of snowblowing and shoveling, I managed to do 5.4 miles.  It was at a 9:30 pace as there was still snow on the roads.  The wind was fierce, but at least it was 30 degrees.  Now at work where it should be slow, except that people still have to go to Wal Mart.  At least our snow is over for a day or two.

I am guessing we got maybe 8-9 inches of snow.  I hope the rest of the day is just as productive.

Just B.S.

Good morning,

Now at work where it should be slow, except that people still have to go to Wal Mart. 

Big grin That totally made me LOL!!! Sooo true!

Mostly Harmless

Good Morning!

I just got back from running 7 in the sunny but cold morning.  I wish I could have just gone ahead and gotten my long run in today since we are expecting some bad weather tomorrow but I couldn't.  We are still Christmasing at my house and are hosting a party this afternoon.  My DD has a basketball game at 11:00, so DW is out with her for that.  I'm on clean-up duty in just a few.

It looks like the LR will but pushed off until Sunday.

Julia - I hope your 6 went well.  It looks like it might just rain down in your neck of the woods tomorrow.

CC - Enjoy the spring cleaning and have fun on your run tonight.

NTS - Good luck with the tempo run later. :-)

BS - Good job sneaking in the run and hooray for the extra day with your DS.  I hope he feels better.

Marco - I'll try to remember the conditions you run in the next time I complain about the weather here!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

BS - Good job sneaking in the run and hooray for the extra day with your DS.  I hope he feels better.

Marco - I'll try to remember the conditions you run in the next time I complain about the weather here!

You know Marco and I are practically neighbours, right?LOL

Bad Ass

Morning!  I decided to sleep in a bit more so no time to check here before leaving for work.  Either a shakeout run or an SRD.  That damn knee is hurting.  Not the knee.  The stupid scabs!  My husband warned me, bah.

My HM was cancelled (I smell a scam) but I found a 5K tomorrow.  Weather will be Winterlike, 73F and 95% humidity (yay, I'm being cynical), but it will be nice to test the asthma to the extreme.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

You know Marco and I are practically neighbours, right?LOL

Yeah. You guys are both nuts.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Yeah. You guys are both nuts.

True dat!LOL  When hubby and I went for our 7.5 mile run Sunday morning we saw

two old people walking their dogs.....that was it the entire run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

9 mile fartlek with 8x40 @5k pace done on the TM. Another crazy busy day at the moment. Be well!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hey all!  Supposed to go to the gym for a swim today but I think I'll go tomorrow instead.  I would either have to drag the kids along with me or leave them here which would mean leaving them with my bil.  I don't want him thinking I'm using him for babysitting.  So ... I'll foam roll my ITB today and do my core/balance workout.  I'll swim tomorrow when dh is home to watch the kids.  I'll be happy once school is back and my schedule can be normal again.

Julia - I totally sympathize with a schedule getting messed up due to circumstances out of your control ... kids, snow, rain, it all messes one up.  Smile

CC - Hope you've got some energy left after work.  Spring cleaning at work doesn't sound fun.  Enjoy the yoga!

Swift - Have a good tempo!

Beth - Whoo hoo for extra sleep and getting to keep your ds around a little longer.  Hope he feels better soon.

Marco - a 9:30 pace is pretty good in those conditions.  Heck, for me, a 9:30 pace is good in any condition!

Scott - Ah yes, still hosting and doing the Christmas thing can make it hard to squeeze in workouts.  Me too!!  But hey, at least you got 7 miles in and it was sunny.  That should still make for a good day, right?

Damaris - Sorry 'bout the knee pain.  And boo about the HM.  Why'd they cancel?  Good luck at the 5K!

SIAR - What?  No novel?  You must be busy because that's a pretty short post for you.  Wink  Great job getting 9 miles on the tm.

Julia1971

CC and Swift, I hope you get your run in tonight... Just B.S., happy to read you got some extra time with your son... Just B.S. and Marco, count me in the club that is impressed by your dedication to running even in foul weather... Scott, after running in the rain the other day, I'm not sure I'm up for 18 in it. Have fun at the party!... DR, glad you were able to find another race. 95% humidity? Isn't that rain? LOL!... SIAR, nice job getting the runs in on the treadmill. Hope it wasn't too boring... Pressing, I really shouldn't complain about my schedule. People with obligations to spouses and kids definitely have it worse than me. I'm just so used to following Pfitz to the letter that all these changes are driving me nutty.