Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/31/12 - Happy New Year's Eve! (Read 183 times)

Julia1971

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.  Any big plans for this evening?  Any resolutions starting tomorrow?

I'm up super-early to get in 12 miles with 6 @ tempo pace before work.  My bosses are still out for the holidays and left me in charge of the department today so I need to get in a little earlier than usual.  And, I'm guessing I'll be working until 5pm (at least).

No big NYE plans for me.  I did the boozy, over-priced party at a restaurant last year.  It was great fun but I think it'll be another 2 or 3 years before I'm up for that again.  I'm planning to swing by my BFF's for a champagne toast before she heads out for the evening and then calling it a night.

And no real resolutions.  I'd like to clean up my diet a little in the new year.  A couple years back, I was eating a pretty good diet - lots of "clean" foods.  But lately, I've been eating a lot of junk and prepared foods.  I'd like to change that but haven't formulated a goal, yet.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  My 7 and weights last night went great.  I have a run and maybe core or weights (or both) later tonight.

Off to work!

Happy New Year's Eve!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Mind if I join in? I'm looking for somewhere to post my training.

I did an easy 8 last night.  Today is officially the first day of training for the NJ marathon, although I'm actually going to be doing a 10k this afternoon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey girls. Streak dies for me today at 34 days with a URD, boo. By last night I was terriblly sick, and I feel as though I've been run over by a semi. It's a good thing I'm not big on NYE plans as I'm pretty sure bedtime will be about 9pm.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I'm about to head out the door for 7 w/ 6X100M strides. I must confess I'm not really in the mood for a run today but off I go.

Julia - I hope the 12 went well.  I'm not much for New Year's resolutions but my goals for the year are to continue to increase my weekly mileage and to break 4:00 at the Shamrock Marathon in March.

Damaris - Enjoy your workouts tonight!

Hi to all who follow!

EDIT:

SIAR - Sorry your streak is ending.  Feel better soon!

Jack - Welcome!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

Just finished 7 on the TM.  Today is Day 10 home with the kids and we're running out of things to do.  We're going to Disney on Ice tonight, but I need to find something to keep them occupied until then.

Julia, I hope you enjoyed your 12 this morning.  No big NYE plans for me either - just dinner, Disney on Ice, then home.  Maybe we'll let the kids stay up until midnight tonight, but I'm not sure I'll make it.

Docket, glad to hear your 7 went well last night.

Jack, welcome!

SIAR, I hope you feel better soon.  Maybe the rest day will help.

Scott, nice job getting out there when you're not feeling motivated.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Bad Ass

jackdyl, welcome!

SIAR, feel better soon.

Scott, enjoy your strides.

hilltopper, sounds like you've managed to survive just fine.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Slept in late and got to work earlier than usual so I could leave early as we have company coming over tonight.  Never considered running today, so my mini-streak ends at 37 and finished with 2501.39 miles for the year.  No time for personals as I need to get busy if I am leaving early.

jack--glad to have you with us!

Mostly Harmless

Finished the 7 feeling much better than when I started.  That was (obviously) my last run of the year so I finish with 1,335.45.

Julia1971

SIAR, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Do you think it was yesterdays run in the cold that did you in?... Hilltopper, sounds like a nice evening. I may not make it to midnight either. Sleep seems much more fun these days... Scott, nice job on the mileage. Is that a high for you?... Marco, have fun this evening... D_R, I've been meaning to tell you I like the new picture... Jack, good luck with the 10K and welcome. I'll add your race to the board tonight when I have access to my home computer.

Mostly Harmless

Yep, big mileage PR for me this year. I am very new to the sport having run my first HM in 2010.  I didn't start logging my runs regularly until the end of 2010.  I was sidelined for much of 2011 by injury and only racked up a little more than 300 miles so this years total is a PR of about 1000 miles.

PressingOn

Hey all!  No run for me today to finish out the year.  Instead I have an hour on the bike trainer.  However, I get to try out the new bike computer my hubby got me for Christmas so that'll be fun.  No big plans for tonight here either.  Sparkling Pear Cider, maybe a movie and watching the fireworks on tv go off at the Space Needle.  Whoo ... excitement.  I do need to go to the store today and see about picking up some food for a meal tomorrow.  I'm so behind this year.

SIAR - Sorry you're under the weather.  Feel better soon!

Jackdyl - Of course you can join in!  Glad to have you.

Hi everyone else.  Have a great NYE!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Do you think it was yesterdays run in the cold that did you in?... Hilltopper, sounds like a nice evening. I may not make it to midnight either. Sleep seems much more fun these days... Scott, nice job on the mileage. Is that a high for you?... Marco, have fun this evening... D_R, I've been meaning to tell you I like the new picture... Jack, good luck with the 10K and welcome. I'll add your race to the board tonight when I have access to my home computer.

I'm sure that didn't help, but I think I picked it up from my dad who was sick when I went over to do that Christmas.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! Gotta try to post quick--wanted to wish everyone a big HNY. Hope you all have a great start into 2013.

Julia: great job with your 12. No real resolutions for me, but goals: BQ for 2014, sub 3:45, other PRs. Maybe try for a certain mileage, like 2400 miles.

Docket: glad you had  a great run,  hope your run tonight goes well

jack: welcome!

SIAR: hope you feel better soon. Bummer about your streak.

Scott: congrats on the mileage PR!

Hi to everyone else, too!

My idea of doing a virtual race on the 5th consecutive day (with a couple tough workouts in there) made for a tough "race". The legs just didn't have the stuff for any kind of decent time. I kept having this soreness in the bellies of my calf muscles that made me worry my legs might just buckle, it was that bad! But I completed the 10K plus some other miles, and it was enough to put me over my monthly mileage record, got 235 for the month, topping my previous high from 12/11.  Went over during the "race," so I don't feel too bad about the time...

Got a mileage PR for the year, also. Alas, no PRs (again!) but here's hoping I can turn that around in 2013.

Happy New Year's Eve, all. Cool

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20