Marathoner Dailies

2013 Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race Report (Read 38 times)

Julia1971

Archived by author.  See training log.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Awesome job!  The fact that you almost PRd at the 10K mark and missed your PR by such a small time after your marathon and on a crowded race says a lot.  You did great!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Thanks!  I am SPENT!  Most times, I finish races thinking maybe I could have run a little harder.  No way could I have run any harder today.

Awesome job!  The fact that you almost PRd at the 10K mark and missed your PR by such a small time after your marathon and on a crowded race says a lot.  You did great!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great job Julia! Sorry that it wasn't a PR for you, but it doesn't sound like it was a real PR kind of day with the wind and temps that were likely warmer than what you've been running in. You really had your legs moving at the start, and I'm impressed that you didn't fade much after going out like that. I love when the field doubles back in races that distance and shorter - it's a nice distraction and a good boost to see folks you know.

Considering that you're just coming off a marathon, you ran really well. I agree that your splits make it look like you're ready for a strong PR season. Sorry you had to slum it on the way home Smile

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Sorry you had to slum it on the way home Smile

This was the worst part.  I might have to get a limo for all my races.

Finally PRed!!!

Great job!! Sounds tough with the wind, but you ran a great race. Especially so close after your marathon. You will definitely be setting some PRs after you're a little more recovered.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

Great job!! Sounds tough with the wind, but you ran a great race. Especially so close after your marathon. You will definitely be setting some PRs after you're a little more recovered.

Yeah, my 5 and 10K PR are going down!  Smile  (Hopefully.)  (Yeah, they will.)

I love reading RRs.  Julia--it sounds like you gave it your all, especially in those conditions.  I can only hope to do the same next week.  That 10K split was fast!

Julia1971

That 10K split was fast!

I know.  I can't believe how fast it was.

Is Boston really next week?  Ack!  I'm so excited for you all!

jackdyl11

Great race Julia! It was pretty perfect out except for the wind, but the wind was killer around Hains Point.  Coming that close to your PR means you're in great shape!  By the way, I was 33 seconds from my PR, and also 11th in my age group.  Weird!

Cherry Blossom is such an easy race to run from a logistics perspective. They do a great job.  It's pretty crazy the difference between this race, which had 17,530 people, and other big races like Boston which are really hard logistically, but without too too many more runners. (Plus I got myself into the elite tent again so everything was taken care of!).  It was good seeing you at the expo!  Sorry I couldn't talk for longer, things were too busy!

fake it till you make it

Julia awesome race report as always!!! My jaw dropped at your paces- I am in awe.  And I can't wait to see what you have coming this summer- PRs are gonna pile up!

MTA- finishing a race knowing you gave it everything you could- that to me is even more impressive than a PR.

And why stop at a limo on the way home? You should be taking a limo on the way to the races as well, you know- help psych out the competition!Wink

Mostly Harmless

Fantastic race and an awesome RR too. I'm amazed by how much you remember things that happen or what you were thinking during a race and where you were.

As they might say up in Boston, you are wicked fast!  Congrats on a great race!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Thanks, Jack, JenRosie and Scott!

Jack, How funny that we both had the same stats!  They did a wonderful job with the race.  I used to not like this race because of the crowds but I think it's becoming one of my favorites.  I hope I get in next year.

JenRosie, You're right about finishing feeling you gave your all.  I've been thinking about that and how proud I am of myself for running my hardest yesterday.

Scott, I was trying to remember things because I knew I'd be writing a RR.  LOL!

PressingOn

Great job, Julia! To come off a marathon and still spit out a time that is close to your PR is pretty awesome.  Fun that you saw Jackdyll out there and that you both had the same stats.  It's a fun world we live in.