Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/31/13 - Happy Easter! (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

March:

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

I'll be heading out in a few minutes to do 12 miles with the running group.  I'm not sure how things will shake out.  There are two women that are about my speed but I'm not sure either of them will want to do 12, so I'll take my iPod just in case.

This new phone has caused me to organize my computer files.  Yesterday, I went through all the pictures on my computer and put them in files!  Big grin  Today, I'm hoping to conquer...  DOCUMENTS!   Surprised

Edited to add: My hamstrings are sore today.  But, at least it's both of them, so I know it was the lifting.

Run the mile you are in.

jojo61397

Morning julia!

We just finished hiding eggs, as one child got up really early (and we were up really late watching Les Mis-- I love that movie, DH eh not so much, he complained about the actors crying their lines).

Going to run 3-4 after kids find their eggs, before church.  I'm very sore today.  Ran 6 miles yesterday and ending up out on the paddle board for over 90 minutes.  It was quite windy out, so I got a good workout.  I'm signed up with Get Up Stand Up Paddle Boarding to do the Grand Prix racing series-- 6 races in 6 months.  I'm doing the beginners series (less than a mile race).  I'll be racing with Team EMERGE!  It's a support group for adults on the autism spectrum.  The proceeds go towards EMERGE!  I have to raise $400.  The largest fundraiser gets entered into a drawing for a 10 ft BOTE paddle board.  Thank goodness I only need a baby sitter for ONE of the events Smile.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning and Happy Easter!  I stayed up very late last night at my son's confirmation church service.  I thought the run this morning would suffer due to lack of sleep but I ran a very good 10 miler.  I kept trying to hold back the pace but gave up after a few miles and ran the whole thing at right around MP.

Running out the door for family time.  I'll try to come back for personals later but I'm not sure.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Hope you had a nice 12 with your group. Congrats on organizing your computer.

jojo: Hope the 3-4 went well. That's great you have some paddle boarding races too.

Scott: Glad you had a nice 10. Enjoy the family time.

I'm not running today, but I'm going to try to walk a few miles, and I'll do my weights/core later. I slept in really late today with the help of some Benadryl (well the store version) I took last night after I seemed to have some allergy symptoms. I can really get some sleep on that stuff.

From yesterday:

SIAR: Yes, Hudson has masters plans in the book, they are a little before the regular plans, along with some plans for youth runners. The masters plans have only 3 days/week of running, with the other days for core strength and X-T. Hope backing the miles off a bit helps your sore feet. Remember Hudson is all about adapting the training to what your body is telling you. Plus you've already put in amazing miles, so you're going to be in great shape for your race.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Morning!  I think Competitive Chick opened a Sunday thread too.  Glad to see you're back CC!

I have some run planned for tonight.  Wish me luck.  I slept 9 hours, yay.

Julia, enjoy your 12.

Jojo, enjoy your day!

Scott, nice 10.

swift, enjoy your rest day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

oops, guess I missed this post this morning when I posted mine. oh well. anyways I got in 20 fun filled miles. 9 on the trails and the other 11 just lolly gaggin around. went out to memorial park first, did the trails with a friend. we then went into downtown and back. after, I dropped him off and went out on the bunny slopes. I had a blast.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...Hope you all have a great Easter, if you celebrate...if not, have an awesome Sunday!

I ran 10.93 at easy pace, ending the month with 380.9, another record for me.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I had a nice run with a group.  One of the gals ran 3 miles with me and then I was on my own.  My hamstrings were sore almost the whole way but in a "I had a good workout yesterday" kind of way.

Got in a short nap but just relaxing around the house has felt restorative.

JoJo, Hope you had fun with the Easter egg hunt...  And, that sounds like a very good cause.  So often society thinks of children with these issues but ignore the adults...  I've never seen Le Mis and was thinking of seeing it yesterday.  I actually have no idea what it's even about except poverty and the French Revolution.  Disapprove  I really should see it, though.

Scott, You must have gotten out there early to get those miles in.  Good job!  Hope you had fun with the family today.

Swift, Jealous of your ability to sleep in.  I bet you felt great today.

D_R, You slept in, too?  More jealousy.

CC, You had quite an active day.  Hope it ended in the hot tub.  Smile

SIAR, Congrats on the record!

Run the mile you are in.

jackdyl11

I'm starting to cut back in advance of CB, so I only ran 12 today.  It was a good pace, though, and I think I averaged 6:50 for the week which would be a record.  I've been taking it easy on miles though due to my foot.

RVD - I saw your post but didn't respond to it.  I think 10k pace is the pace I could currently run a 10k in.  So if you just PRd your 10k, assuming it wasn't hilly or 90 degrees, then you would use your PR pace.  However, if you're doing a workout like 8x800 at 5k pace, and you're feeling tired to the extent that you are afraid that you won't be able to get all of your reps in, then I would slow down and go by 5k effort rather than pace -- so I would only go the pace that I could run a 5k in on that particular day.  Actually, I would still try to go 5k PR pace or a bit faster, but I'm SUPPOSED to slow down my 5k pace in that case and just go with what I can run on the day.

Julia - Glad you had a good run, but sorry no one could keep up with you

Jojo - Hope you had a good run! We had our first easter egg hunt today and it was ADORABLE! My two year old would scream EGG and run to pick it up.

Scott - That must have felt good, good job on the 10 miler

NTS - I'm jealous of your sleep!

DR - You too!

CC - Glad you're back! Good job on the 20 miles!

SIAR - Excellent mileage, although we all saw it coming.

Happy Easter!

just a quick fly by

julia--thanks for the picture yesterday

returned home about supper time...the two guys in my avatar were happy to see us after a week's absence....second RD in a row and tomorrow may make three...I will be swamped at work

Bad Ass

I ended up doing 9 miles with 4 @ MP.  Very happy (although I was not running very fast) to have run this strong after a horrible 18 miles yesterday.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."