Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/16/13 (Read 208 times)

runmomto3boys

Hi, guys!  Do you mind if I join up?  SIAR pointed out this forum to me and mentioned it might be a good fit.  I see lots of familiar faces and some new ones!

If you don't know my story, I started running in March 2012, ran Des Moines in October - shot for a 3:30 and ran a 3:32.  Right now I am targeting the Green Bay marathon on May 19 as my Spring race.  I am also registered to run Carmel on 4/20, but I decided to not run it when I developed some IT band trouble a month or so ago.  I'm better now, and started training this past Monday.  I am doing Pfitz 18/85 modified a bit.  I look forward to getting to know those of you I don't know and cheering on you all as you train!

Tonight, my run is schedule dependent.  If DH gets out of his deposition early, then it's 15; if it runs late, then whatever the schedule allows.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey...thanks for dropping in. We usually have a mid day lull with the posting, which is part of why I said we are easy to keep up with. Are you just going to have to eat your Carmel race fee? (not as fun as eating caramel lol) After doing that once, I've taken to signing up at the last minute for my races. Could you maybe do the half as like a last chance for some MP miles? I'm going to end up pacing the 1:30 half group a few weeks before my full, which should be nice practice.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

runmom - Those are some really fast times!!  What was your fitness before you started running? Very impressive to get up to consistent 300+ months after about 6 months of training, let alone the marathon time you've already run.

runmomto3boys

runmom - Those are some really fast times!!  What was your fitness before you started running? Very impressive to get up to consistent 300+ months after about 6 months of training, let alone the marathon time you've already run.

Awww, thanks!  I didn't work out at all.  I was busy having babies!!  The only time I ran as an adult (I'm 35) was post-partum for a few months, a few miles a pop, a handful of days a week until I lost the baby weight and then I quit.  I was really not active at all as an adult.  I did run track and cross country in high school, but I was pretty average/middle of the road.  Nothing special.  You are ridiculously fast though - holy smokes!!!!!!  I can't even wrap my head around that kind of speed!

SIAR: Yes, I'm just going to eat the fee.  It's a long drive and would be expensive to make the 5 or so hour trip down just to run the HM, you know?  No biggie.  I am OK with that!  I am just praying that the weather in Green Bay is cool.  It was black flagged last year.  Carmel would've been a lock weather wise - no heat issues b/c it is on 4/20.  That pacing opportunity is perfect for you.  Can you remind me, which marathon are you running?  I am drawing a blank...

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RMT3b...I'm doing the Glass City (Toledo) marathon on 4/28. One of the things we do is put all our races and goals(if you want) on the first page. If you ask the person that started the thread for the day, they'll add it for you. I see what you mean about the ancillary costs being more than just not doing the race.

Jack...evening run for you again?

I'm headed out for 5 with the group here. It'll be nice when it's light at this time again.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Scott, I like that mantra. I may borrow it when my current one stops working. Smile. Hey, I hear we (and by that I mean you) may get snow tomorrow. We (and by that I mean you) are gonna have to get up early to get our run in.

Just B.S., Hope you catch up on your sleep. And, I'm right there with you abut the meds. But, that Ambien is good stuff. LOL!

Pressing, Glad DS is feeling better and you can flee the coup.

SIAR, 17 miles for the day is impressive. Hope it felt easy despite being a lot of miles... I only have basic cable - like networks only. So, I've missed the tennis! Grrr! I've got to spring for fancier cable... I'm thinking I'll lock in a goal time after my tune up race on 2/17.

Marco, Congrats on the streak. Keep up the good work... Trying to wrap my head around -5 temps....Nope, can't do it. Smile

RMT3B, Welcome! It looks like we're following the same schedule but my goal race is coming up sooner. I'd be interested in knowing what mods to the schedule you were thinking of doing. I've cut a few miles on the long runs and have done some of the tempos as cruise intervals.

Jack, Are you having to move workouts around since there's bad weather in the forecast? Oh wait. I think you have a treadmill.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

PressingOn

Can I just say how annoying it is that there is so little scrapbooking stuff geared for running or triathalon's?  Tons of football, soccer, baseball, tennis, karate, dance etc, etc ...   You'd think with all the mud run's lately there'd at least be something that would work for those.  But nope.  I found one sticker sheet with some cycling stuff and one sticker sheet with pool swimming stuff.  That was it.  Boo. More scrapbooker's need to get off their rears and run and get their kids running too.  Okay, rant is over.

SIAR - Sounds like a good run today and just what the brain ordered. In some ways, that is a quality workout.

Marco - Hurray for another 10 today! But -5 ... yikes!

Runmom - Welcome! Okay, I'm going to try and not be jealous that you just naturally started running that fast. Nope, still jealous. Lol! Good job on your first marathon! That really is an awesome time. Welcome to the group. Guess you're joining us with the SIAR stamp of

approval. Smile

Jack - I agree with with runmom - you are crazy fast as well.

Julia - You can always alternate mantra's.

jackdyl11

Julia/SIAR - Well I stupidly thought I would be fine in the rain last night, but cut my workout in half and stopped after the 4th 800.  At least I got out there.  I looked ahead today and saw that tonight was supposed to be fine, but, now it is rainy again.  So, I guess it is 10 in the rain.

Pressing - Personnally, I think RMT3B is much faster than I am.  And I'm jealous of all the miles she can run!

Just B.S.

Pressing I'm not too much of one for the pre-made stuff. I usually make my own themes......here are a few

examples for you........anyone else who is bored to death with scrapbooking and preserving family memories

please feel free to ignore!Smile

Our son, then 14 doing his first tri with 3 of his buddies,,,,,hence 3 tri athletes!LOL

Sons first full with Dad at age 16.

Son' and hubby's first half

Self- explanatory!LOL This was one published in a Making Memories special edition book

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I am leaving for the show but wanted to give you a hello.  I spent the whole afternoon at the chiro and the allergy doctor.  So far, no horrible reaction to the shot.  Hoping it remains that way.

Gotta go!  Night!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hey, I hear we (and by that I mean you) may get snow tomorrow. We (and by that I mean you) are gonna have to get up early to get our run in.

My good buddy, Channel 7 weatherman Doug Hill says us Frednecks aren't getting much if anything.  You city slickers will get the most of it, I reckon.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

fake it till you make it

DR I’ve never seen Cirque but would like to- have fun!

Scott-  outdoor track? I have access to an indoor track but the hours are inconvenient  and it’s a 200m track.  What I wouldn’t give for access to an indoor 400m track.

NTS using my strictest mom voice here- be careful with that tweaky knee!  Don't overdo it.

RVD  I see you are doing Wobegon this year. That’s my PR course from last year. Lots of people from my running group go and I’m a little bummed I’m not going this year. Tiny race but fabulously well done.

Julia- you are having great runs!  And  “this girl is on fire” is also a good mantra for you. My mantras generally involve lots of cursing while racing or finishing hard workouts.

JustBS- tempo/pace runs on those hills has to be good for you, but ouch!

Pressing- glad your son is on the mend.  I still haven't done my core work today yet, how about you?

SIAR- nice mileage for the day!

Marco- with temps like that you could skip running altogether and still be in the more miles than degrees camp for the day!

Runmom welcome and yay I have another running log to go stalk...

Jack hope you have a good, if soggy, 10.

So Julia’s comments about mantras has me thinking today.  I’m feeling much more mentally psyched out (terrified!) this training cycle even though the running itself is fine.  I think I so badly want to PR and had such a slow and painful last marathon (undertrained- was ready to be slow but not to hurt so much) that I’m making myself unnecessarily nervous.  Anyone have any good psyching-up recommendations? I’m not a motivational quote/photo kind of gal but I need something a little more that my usual mantra of “harden the f* up!”  I read Scott Jurek's book and he goes on and on about embracing/being one with the pain and I just want to train well enough to avoid as much pain as possible!

Mostly Harmless

Scott-  outdoor track? I have access to an indoor track but the hours are inconvenient  and it’s a 200m track.  What I wouldn’t give for access to an indoor 400m track.

I go to the high school my kids attend. Sometimes I have to hop the fence but no one really cares.  They just lock the gate so if you hurt yourself and try to take the school to court they can say you were trespassing.

That said, I wimped out today and did my speed work on the TM at the gym. I actually had a really good workout though. I'm tired so I must have done something right!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Welcome runmomto3boys!!! I think I recognize you!Big grin

JenRose, I repeat to myself when the going gets hard  I CAN, I WILL, I AM, repeat X 6,000

SIAR, I really am loving the swimming and I have been spending an inordinate amount of time watching

instructional videos and reading about technique. If I don't improve it won't be for lack of effort!LOL

I'm actually doing a "double" tomorrow. Swimming on my own in the afternoon and then hubby and I are going to

coached swim together at 6:15.

Hello, SCOTT, JACK, MARCO and all lovely Daily Friends!!!

PressingOn

Beth - Those are great pages!  Thanks for the ideas.  I was hoping for a few pre-made items because I am SOOO behind and wanted to have a few easy pages.  Lol.  And honestly, I love the stickers that look like tiny miniatures of things.  They take me back to my dollhouse and miniatures days. Anyway, I will be mostly doing my own I'm afraid.  Maybe if I'm brave I'll post a few photo's for you when I get back.  Smile

JenRosie -  Um, no.   Ha ha!