Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 5/11/13 (Read 11 times)

Julia1971

May:

IPatti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Docket Rocket - 5/11 - Lou Gehrig's Disease 10K

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning!  And good luck to our racers!  I hope you're feeling great this morning and ready to run your best.

I have a 6 mile easy run on the schedule for the day.  No other real plans for the day except maybe getting some housework done - it's going to be a pretty dreary day out today - and then I'm going out on the town for a friend's birthday party this evening...  Oh!  And, I'm going to try to go grocery shopping today.  I've decided I've been eating crappy food long enough and I need to start cleaning up my diet.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jackdyl11

Hi! Good luck to everyone racing today and tomorrow! Hopefully work will slow down this week and I can get on here more.  I'm just trying to get back into running.  I felt pretty good last week but was taking it easy, so I only ran on Thursday.  Time to start training again! I'm planning on 8-10 today.

Julia - Have fun on your 6.  Your message made me feel guilty about eating cooking pancakes 7-9 for me this morning.  Once I start eating them I'm sure I'll forget though!

Bad Ass

Morning!  Good luck to our racers!

Back from my 10K.  It's a tough course, and the weather was 86F and 73 dewpoint, so I wasn't fast.  But it was the second time in 5 years that I broke an hour in that race so I'm happy.

Julia, enjoy your 6.

jack, hope work calms down for you.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys. Very dreary here today too. I'm going to take one more rest day. I'm doing a group trail run tomorrow morning, and then I'm going to get back to training again.

Julia...like you were saying yesterday, I don't think I could have handled racing like you did after the race. I feel like imay have wasted some good fitness that you took advantage of though. Have fun tonight, and good luck at the grocery.

Jack...I've been slow to start up again too. Your paces definitely deserve a good week or two off.

Docket...way to go beating an hour!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Good morning folks! I got in 8 miles last night on trails with the friend training for Leadville and that was quite the workout! This morning I took my DW to work and then met up with another couple of RPs and we got in 10 windy road miles. Legs felt reasonable good this morning but we ran a reasonably hilly route south of town and by the end I was definitely feeling the accumulated effects of last night's workout.

Julia1971- I hope you have an enjoyable 6 miles and hopefully you'll eat something before heading out to the grocery store ... there's not much worse than shopping while hungry. Wink

jackdyl11- You definitely deserved the rest after that fine race. Enjoy your 8-10 today and take it easy out there as you're recovering.

Docket_Rocket-  Nice job on breaking the 1 hr mark. That really is great considering the heat and how you have to monitor your HR to avoid the asthma attack.

So_Im_a_Runner- Enjoy that trail run today and hopefully that's the medicine to get you back into the groove again.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  For some reason, this course is tough.  I can easily break 55 or even 53 in other courses now (my PR is 51:25) with the same effort as I did today.  Weird.

I have another one next week but that's even hillier.  At least it's an all women's one and the hot firefighters give you a medal at the end.

Blog

Been raining all day and temps are in the low 50s.  Slight chance for rain during the race and a better chance before.  Wonder what that will do the bike path.  May be some puddles.  Expo was nothing special.  However, for $60 you still get a hat and a tech short sleeve shirt.

Bad Ass

Has RVD reported?

marco, good luck!

Blog