GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

GregTR, I added your races...  I noticed you're going to be a pacer for Cowtown.   Is this your first time doing it?  That sounds so cool!  I think I'm going to put being a pacer on my running bucket list. 

Marco and B.S., I hear you.  I try to be on the roads as much as possible myself.  I wish I had my own but I live in a small place.  I do have a membership for a gym about 2 blocks away.  I think we might get hammered here in the mid-Atlantic since we were spared last year.

I woke up and could feel the DOMS.  My whole body feels a bit stiff today.  I think I can still manage the scheduled 10 mile general aerobic run but I may take a stretch break in the beginning...  Our office holiday party is tomorrow and I'm on the social committee at work.  After about 4pm today, I'll be doing party set up so I'm going to need a second wind and a hit of creativity since we have to transform a dull conference room into a winter wonderland.  I'm also in charge of the music but I saved myself some time there.  Last year, I spent hours downloading and scrutinizing the songs that would play.  This year, I just purchased a Pandora account.  Smile  I also found a nice outfit at Banana Republic.  A green pencil skirt and silk top with a creme cardigan.  And, I bought a holiday themed brooch at Macy's.  I figure I'm at the age where I'm supposed to wear holiday themed brooches.  Wink

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  6-8 miles tonight.

Julia, sorry about the DOMS.  When in doubt, run easy or rest.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Off to Bangor in a few to take DW to dentist and to hopefully finish Christmas shopping.  Did an easy 6 on the slushy roads this morning.  It stayed above freezing last night so the roads weren't bad.  If I go to work at all today, it will only be for a few hours late in the evening.

Julia--our Christmas parties at work keep getting smaller.  In fact, we may not have one this year.

Damaris--Enjoy your run this evening

Finally PRed!!!

Pressing: ha, glad you corrected that statement to reassure us that running is your favorite! My eyebrows did go up when I read your earlier post. But I'm glad your swimming is going so well.

Julia: sorry about your DOMS, hope you manage the 10 well, stopping to stretch for a bit helps me a lot when I feel like that. I have some races to add to the list too, if you don't mind:

not too swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

not too swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

Thanks! 

DR: have a nice run tonight.

marco: great job with the 6. 

SRD for me today. Hope everyone has a great day.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks.  The foot seems to be no worse off after the 9 mile run yesterday.  I was supposed to do 5 of those at HM pace but didn't want to press my luck and just kept at my comfortable pace, which is about 9:10.  On the calendar for today is 5 at recovery pace but I'll probably just run it at 9:10ish pace too.

Work is busy so no time for personals now.  Back later for that.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Weights this morning and 6 easy miles tonight. Im rolling and using the stick. Im feelin a little better today.

I went out for 2 last night. felt pretty good. my bestest was laughing cause I was runnin funny. I have to say I was laughing myself.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hey all!  I'm back to regular running this week.   Whoop!  I have a run with my coach today and we're doing fartlek's.  I'm looking forward to the hard effort.  Ds has his 3rd grade school concert this evening.  He is nervous.  He just said, "Oh no!  We can't go to the concert.  I have swim lessons."  He was quite disappointed when I informed him swim lessons were over until after the holiday's.  

CC - A reflective race is a good race for reasons beyond the obvious. Did that make sense? lol Soon as you said you were running funny last night, in my head, I heard the start of the song in that funny video we've posted.

Julia - Sounds like you'll be moving around enough today to work out some of that stiffness. Sounds like a nice outfit brooch and all.

Damaris- Hi!

Marco - Careful on those roads. No slipping!  We don't need a post starting out, "my wife had to take me to the emergency room after I dragged myself on my hands and knee's across the border."  

Swift - I know, right? I'm glad I caught the mistake. Swimming will not replace running as my first love. Enjoy your day of rest.

Scott - Yes, no pushing the pace, please! I'm glad the foot isn't any worse.  

Mostly Harmless

Stuck on a boring conference call so I might as well come back for personals now.

Julia: Sorry about the DOMS. I had to google DOMS to find out what it was.  I hope the 10 goes ok and the party planning is fun.  To answer your question from yesterday about my (stupid) foot, it's not PF. I've had that before so I'm familiar with how that feels.  This is just a random pain in the top of my foot above the arch.  Odd thing is after running 9 miles yesterday, it didn't hurt at all.  I iced it down when I got back just to be safe, but no pain at all yesterday.  This morning the pain returned.  Maybe I'm just imagining it?

Damaris - Enjoy the run tonight. I know you are expecting warm weather all week. Any chance the weather will cool off next week?

Marco - Have a safe trip to Bangor.  Are you going to hit your goal for the year? I think I remember you saying you needed to average 10 per day and I know you've had a few < 10 runs recently.  Regarding the TM: I sold mine last year and haven't missed it yet.  I have a gym membership at work if I need to use one.  The only real negative to that is they are only open Monday - Friday so if weather prevents me from running outside on the weekend I'm out of luck.

NTS - Enjoy the rest day!

Pressing -   I'm really loving the swimming.  It's become my favorite of the three tri disciplines  10 house points from Gryffindorf for that comment.

But seriously, good job on the swimming.  I've never gotten into it any further than watching my kids when they used to do summer swim team but maybe some day I'll have access to a pool on a regular basis and get hooked on that too.

Beth - Congrats on your progress.  Sub 4 will indeed be your biotch.

CC - Nice to see you back here!  I'm sorry the marathon didn't go as planned but you can't do much about the weather.  I hope your recovery is easy.  What's next up for you?

SIAR - Haven't seen you yet, we are probably cross posting since it has taken me 20 minutes to do this and listen to my conference call too. I hope you don't have any encounters with Rocky Raccoon today!

thinkin about glory days

6 miles for me on the treadmill.  I would have liked to run outside, but DW is away on business so I couldn't leave the house.  I watched Episode one of The Walking Dead, which I'm sure will give me nightmares for weeks to come.  And if that doesn't give me nightmares, the readout on my scale will.  Up 9 pounds in a little over 3 weeks.  Yikes!

Julia, good luck with your 10 miles later - you may actually feel better afterwards.  When you mentioned being on the social committee at work, I couldn't help thinking about The Office.  I hope your committee is not quite as intense as the one on the show.  By the way, I thought that if you were a Browns fan you required to hate the Ravens?!?!?

Docket, enjoy the 6-8 later.

marco, it's good to hear you were able to get your 6 in this morning.  Still on pace for your goal for the year?

CC, I'm impressed you were able to run 2 miles yesterday.  I hope the 6 goes well later.

NTS, have a good rest day.

Scott, that's great news about the foot.

PO, congrats on your return to regular running.  To answer your question from yesterday, I took 4 days off after the marathon, and have been slowly building up over the last couple of weeks.  This week, I'll probably shoot for high 30s or low 40s.  No fast running yet - maybe tomorrow I'll do some fartleks.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Mostly Harmless

hill - Good work on the TM. My son is addicted to The Walking Dead and has tried to get me into it.  I started watching it with him but he's so far along that I've missed a lot of the back-story.  I need to go back and start from the beginning I guess. I love creepy stuff.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  6.53 miles done for me today, including 6x8sec hill sprints.  Saw the first snow flurries of the year while running, but they only lasted for a few minutes.  Now it's bright and sunny and headed back to the 40s for a week.  So much for winter.

Julia...I finished the race last night.  Shocker!  I learned my lesson pretty early to check whether there is a 4pm football game or not.  If there is, I just DVR the two programs that are on following Amazing Race so that I'm covered.  Good luck with the muscle soreness.  Like you mentioned yesterday, sitting in a chair all day immediately after a run has to contribute.  Have fun with the holiday prep.  I'm sure you'll look smashing in the new outfit.

Docket...That was great news you shared on the BF about your breathing.  Is it something that could potentially clear up completely, without leaving Miami?

NotSwift...Hope your rest leaves you feeling refreshed.

Scott...Not worse is good.  I'd avoid anything but easy miles at this point too.  That must have been one heck of a conference call.

Marco....Good luck with the Christmas shopping.  I need to do all my in-store shopping still, but I've done lots of internet purchasing already.  Are you still thinking your mileage goal is reachable, or does it just depend on the weather?

CC...I hope your daughter is able to make the progress she needs to get in.  Although, I'm sure it's been nice for you to spend some more time with her too.  There's nothing that beats the post-marathon waddle for a good laugh Smile  I'd imagine that roller feels a little painful, but I guess that's kinda the point.

Pressing...I did wonder last night when you mentioned that swimming was your favorite.  I can't see myself ever like the other two better than running.  I'm like you though, swimming trumps riding.  Oh, to answer your question from yesterday, I probably won't get back in the pool until maybe January or even February.  It's hard to justify spending the money for just two days a week of swimming.  You being up to 850m is fantastic...that's a whole sprint distance swim.  Enjoy the run with your coach and the hard workout.  It sounds like your son might be able to try a kids' tri if he's a swimmer and already a good little runner?

Hill...Nightmares from a tv show huh?  Good to know we're running with a real tough guy ha.  Actually, I've been watching American Horror Story and I have to say that it creeps me just as badly.  I don't really know why I watch it.  I guess it's a good show, but creepy.  Losing that weight over the holidays should be easy, right? lol.  I try not to look at the scale too much this time of year.

Beth...I'm really surprised your area isn't more biker friendly.  I just tend to assume all Canadians are into sporting lifestyle.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

thinkin about glory days

Hill...Nightmares from a tv show huh?  Good to know we're running with a real tough guy ha. 

In my defense, I was running in a poorly-lit unfinished basement before the sun came up.  Plus, I was wearing headphones.  Who knows who could have been sneaking up behind me?  It could have been a zombie.  Or worse, one of my kids.

On an unrelated note, it can be dangerous to look over your shoulder while running on a treadmill.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jojo61397

Julia-- sorry about the DOMS, hope you are able to get your run in.

D-- Have a great 6-8 mile, hopefully the cool front we had will reach you!

Marco-- Slushy roads scare me, so do dentists for that matter!

NTS-- enjoy your rest day Smile

Scott-- glad your foot isn't giving you any issues.

CC-- Glad you are feeling better Smile

Pressingon-- that sounds so cute-- anything to get out of doing the holiday concert.

HillTopper--- don't scare me like that-- I am going home for Christmas, I'm going to be picking at my food to maintain my weight

SIAR-- I'm so excited to see snow, hope you had a great run

Good afternoon-- busy day today.  I ran 15 miles this morning.  I was really waffling, because last night my stomach was still upset from the "bug", but I did a pretty good job-- 15.1 in 2:22 hours.  I weighed myself this morning and I broke 130 Smile!!!!!  So happy.  I have 2 more weeks of intense training and then Goofy Challenge.  I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for the runs.  I'm seriously considering "walking" most of the half marathon, and trying to PR the full.  I'm having a rough time, because I feel really, really good.  The pace difference since my weight loss is remarkable.  Oh and I signed up for Atlanta.  So please add:

jojo61397 Publix Atlanta Marathon, March 17th, 2013 Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Stuck on a boring conference call so I might as well come back for personals now.

Julia: Sorry about the DOMS. I had to google DOMS to find out what it was.  I hope the 10 goes ok and the party planning is fun.  To answer your question from yesterday about my (stupid) foot, it's not PF. I've had that before so I'm familiar with how that feels.  This is just a random pain in the top of my foot above the arch.  Odd thing is after running 9 miles yesterday, it didn't hurt at all.  I iced it down when I got back just to be safe, but no pain at all yesterday.  This morning the pain returned.  Maybe I'm just imagining it?

Damaris - Enjoy the run tonight. I know you are expecting warm weather all week. Any chance the weather will cool off next week?

Marco - Have a safe trip to Bangor.  Are you going to hit your goal for the year? I think I remember you saying you needed to average 10 per day and I know you've had a few < 10 runs recently.  Regarding the TM: I sold mine last year and haven't missed it yet.  I have a gym membership at work if I need to use one.  The only real negative to that is they are only open Monday - Friday so if weather prevents me from running outside on the weekend I'm out of luck.

NTS - Enjoy the rest day!

Pressing -   I'm really loving the swimming.  It's become my favorite of the three tri disciplines  10 house points from Gryffindorf for that comment.

But seriously, good job on the swimming.  I've never gotten into it any further than watching my kids when they used to do summer swim team but maybe some day I'll have access to a pool on a regular basis and get hooked on that too.

Beth - Congrats on your progress.  Sub 4 will indeed be your biotch.

CC - Nice to see you back here!  I'm sorry the marathon didn't go as planned but you can't do much about the weather.  I hope your recovery is easy.  What's next up for you?

SIAR - Haven't seen you yet, we are probably cross posting since it has taken me 20 minutes to do this and listen to my conference call too. I hope you don't have any encounters with Rocky Raccoon today!

No.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."