Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/15/2013 - Boston Marathon Day! (Read 17 times)

Bad Ass

A friend of mine (Seth, the Mizuno expert here in RA) is also on lockdown.  Does that mean that you cannot check out until the cops have checked you or questioned you?

Great job out there nonetheless.

We're fine and more or less on lockdown in our hotel which is less than a mile from the finish.  We couldn't leave if we wanted to because there is no public transportation.  It took us about an hour to get back to the room and the explosions, which we heard, were about 30 minutes later.

I don't know what happened in the race.  I beat my bib number by about 1400.  However, the wheels came off past the halfway mark.  I was running with another forumite and she was trying for a 3:05 and I fell way off pace.  After that I was just on cruise control and not trying to walk.  I PR'd the course with a 3:17 something but it was 9 minutes off my PR.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

And thanks to both you and JenRosie for checking in.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Glad you are safe, JenRosie. Thanks for checking in! Glad your friends are accounted for, too. My thoughts are with all affected by this.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

checking in, safe and sound. didnt hit my goal but dont care less considering, ran 3:35. all my friends are accounted for, but several were very close to the second blast, amazed they werent hurt. going home wed, more info and race report then.

Glad you are safe...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.