Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 2/3/2013 - Running to the Superbowl (Read 12 times)

Mostly Harmless

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning lazies!  SRD for me. My legs are pretty tired from the effort yesterday but I don't think I did any permanent damage. ;-)

QOTD: Who do you think will win the game tonight?

Even though I live in Maryland, I'm not a Ravens fan.  However, I feel compelled to route for them just because of proximity.  That being said, I think SF is going to take it.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Scott: Enjoy your SRD!

QOTD: I can't say that I have much of an opinion about the Super Bowl. I really don't watch much football. I watch when the Steelers are in it (old hometown loyalties from my youth). I did watch my first Falcons game ever (lived 17+ years in Atlanta) when they lost to the 49ers, wow, talk about blowing a lead.

Heading out fairly soon for maybe 4 before meeting up with my running/brunch group for more miles.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

Typing to you all from a Starbucks.  Cable and internet are still out at my house.  Although, on my drive here, I saw a cable van and am hoping it's going to my neighborhood.  (It's like 80 degrees in here.  OMG.  I'm about to pass out.)

I have a double on the schedule for today but my achilles is not happy with me this morning.  I'm going to see how it feels in a few hours.  I don't remember pulling it during my run yesterday so it's odd to me that it's hurting now.

I did want to work on adjusting my taper.  You may have seen my post about it on the main forum.  I'm thinking of cutting it down to something closer to 2 weeks instead of 3.  I'm feeling the need to squeeze another long or medium run in my schedule.

And, I want to do some online shopping for my race day outfit.  Smile  One of my Mizunos are turquoise and pink, and the other is white and purple.  I don't want to go with pink, so, I'm on the hunt for a nice purple or turquise singlet.

QOTD: The Ravens, of course!  Smile  Which reminds me.  I have to play "Good morning, Baltimore" on my run today for good luck again.

Scott, Thanks for the forecast.  So, cold all week.  Great.  I think I've convinced myself I can do mid and upper 20s.  Looks like I'll be on the treadmill a few days this week, though...  Enjoy the rest day.

RVD, I'm not familiar with Hanson but...  For a lot of plans, easy days can be off days.  So, I wouldn't worry about skipping tomorrow.  And, since intervals for speed sharpening, I would think you can miss that on Tuesday, too, without ill effect.  Maybe take those two days off and move today's 18 miler to Thursday if the hammie isn't feeling better today?  Just a thought.

Swift, Enjoy the group run.  Did you figure out the watch?

SIAR, I realized I didn't properly congratulate you yesterday.  Great job in tough conditions.  And, finishing 3rd...  Pretty cool.  Is that the highest you've placed?

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  After a horrible 10 miler yesterday (breathingwise), I did 5 recovery miles and the breathing was a bit better.  I like the cold weather that is down here but the wind that needs to carry it is full of dustmites and I'm super allergic to them.  My throat is sore from it, but meh.

Scott, enjoy the SRD.

swift, enjoy the 4.

Julia, I did a 2 week taper for my last PR attempt.  2 weeks is enough for the miles you run.  Hope you have cable and internet by tonight.

QOTD, I don't follow football *ducks*.  I only watch because of the commercials.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Good morning,

Taxes done last night around 11:00.  I liked what I saw.  Because of staying up later than usual and the snow we had last night, it was a slow 7 this morning.  I was hoping to get something done in the teens.  Footing was pretty bad.

Scott--Glad you're not hurting much today.

QOTD--I wonder about Lewis and the PED controversy.  We'll watch but for once we won't be having people over and I really don't care who wins.

nts--enjoy your run today

Julia--I like the two week taper but I don't do as many LRs as I should

Damaris--good to hear the breathing improved!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Slogged out 7 mi on the TM.  It was dumb.  Yes, I'm grumpy about it.  At least now I can relax, watch some golf, then some football, and consume 3 days worth of calories.

As for my prediction...It's hard to go against the Ravens right now.  Julia, I mean Ray Lewis, seems to be willing them to victory.

Scott...Enjoy the rest day.

Swift...Hope the miles treat you well.

Julia...Did a storm knock out your cable, or is it just random?  Singlet shopping sounds fun.  I like to have a new one for my marathons too...makes them feel like an occasion, which they clearly are.  Bummer about your achilles being sore.  I usually wrap a towel around my toe and just pull it back towards me for a while when mine starts to get cranky.  Thank you for the proper congratulations.  I've had a 2nd place finish in a 10k before, but it was a pretty slow race.  I wish I had been second in this one...I would have gotten a stuffed moose and a way nicer medal haha.  Good luck with the running.  Oh, almost forgot...I'm trying a reduced taper this time too, so your thinking sounds in line with mine.  What kind of mileage were you planning?  My program has almost no reduction, which is a little scary.

Docket...You just can't win down there!  It gets colder and then you have wind and dust...not cool.  Nice job with the 5...glad they were better.

Marco..Impressive work getting the taxes all finished up.  Sorry you couldn't get the miles you wanted, but at least you got some in again.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

That is the only way for cold weather to make it down here (wind).  ANd yeah, when it's windy, I get the worse asthma symptoms too because my allergy gets worse.  Like you said, I can never win!

Slogged out 7 mi on the TM.  It was dumb.  Yes, I'm grumpy about it.  At least now I can relax, watch some golf, then some football, and consume 3 days worth of calories.

As for my prediction...It's hard to go against the Ravens right now.  Julia, I mean Ray Lewis, seems to be willing them to victory.

Scott...Enjoy the rest day.

Swift...Hope the miles treat you well.

Julia...Did a storm knock out your cable, or is it just random?  Singlet shopping sounds fun.  I like to have a new one for my marathons too...makes them feel like an occasion, which they clearly are.  Bummer about your achilles being sore.  I usually wrap a towel around my toe and just pull it back towards me for a while when mine starts to get cranky.  Thank you for the proper congratulations.  I've had a 2nd place finish in a 10k before, but it was a pretty slow race.  I wish I had been second in this one...I would have gotten a stuffed moose and a way nicer medal haha.  Good luck with the running.  Oh, almost forgot...I'm trying a reduced taper this time too, so your thinking sounds in line with mine.  What kind of mileage were you planning?  My program has almost no reduction, which is a little scary.

Docket...You just can't win down there!  It gets colder and then you have wind and dust...not cool.  Nice job with the 5...glad they were better.

Marco..Impressive work getting the taxes all finished up.  Sorry you couldn't get the miles you wanted, but at least you got some in again.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Hope your achilles is better. And that you get cable internet back. Good luck getting your runs in

Docket: Glad your 5 went better, that's a bummer about the dustmites.

marco: Nice 7 with the bad footing.

SIAR: Great job getting in 7 on the TM. Enjoy the golf and football and the calories.

Got in 12+ total at a slow pace, then had a nice brunch. Still having some issues with the watch. I keep hitting the wrong button every time I try to do anything while running. Miss the big numbers on my Garmin, too.

Mostly Harmless

So it looks like my marathon plans have changed. Due to some family conflicts it just makes a lot more sense for me to run Rock and Roll DC on the 16th instead of the Shamrock on the 17th. I knew this was possible and I'm grateful that I have the alternative. I'm glad that I put off registering for the race.

PressingOn

Hi all!  I had a good time at swim clinic last night.  1000 yrds of drills.  Complicated drills at that.  Joking My coach told me I'm improving a lot on my swimming.  Whoop.  I also got the news I get to be a part of the new tri club in town.  My coach is partnering up with the local bike shop.  We buy and wear their jersey in 2 local races and volunteer with the group at one race and in exchange we get group workouts, discounts at the bike shop, free rentals at the bike shop and a discount on her coach fee's.  Plus, we get to be part of the group which is full of fun people.

Today I have 3 miles at an easy pace.  I'll be doing it on our service road which essentially means a lot of hill repeats.

QOTD - I'm not a football fan so I won't be watching to see how many home run's either team makes.  Just kidding!  About the home run part.  I'm not kidding about not watching the game.  I will probably play Mario Kart or something with the kids instead.  I can watch commercials online later.  

And crud, I had all these personals written out and lost them.  Boo.  I'll see what I can remember.

RVD - I agree, give it a little while and see what happens.

Swift - Good thinking on mixing up the workouts that way for a bit.  7 20+ lr's in a cycle is a lot.  I had two 20's and one 22 and I thought that was plenty.  Smile  I got my dh a new Garmin for Christmas and he's been going through the frustrating learning curve.  It makes me kind of happy I still have my familiar 305.  No, it's not new but I know how to work it.  Hope you get the new watch figured out soon.

Scott - Yes, I got my core work in!  In fact, my legs are sore from it today.  Good day for you to have an SRD.  You can sit on the couch, kick your legs up and eat and cheer.

SIAR - Why was 7 on the tm dumb?  I think it was a great choice.  Like you said, now you can enjoy the rest of the day and eat, eat, eat.  Oh, you mentioned counting swim strokes.  Wouldn't you know our coach had us do that last night.  I counted 24 but it takes me around 35 seconds to swim 25 yards.  I think.  I'm bad at timing myself.  And I don't even know how slow that is? She told us it doesn't really matter how many strokes you take because every one will have a different count based on a lot of factor's. The important part is trying to reduce it week by week.  I suppose at some point one won't be able to reduce anymore though.  Two strokes and your done!  Probably not gonna happen.  lol.

Julia - Sounds like some good purchases at the mall.  I used to take 3 week taper's but my coach has me on 2 week one's.  I think I like it.  I have a lower mileage plan so I really don't need 3 weeks of taper.

Damaris - Sorry the allergies are still aggravating you.  Glad they were better today.

Marco - Good job getting the 7 done today on slippery roads.  Happy to hear you didn't take a tumble but made it home in one solid piece.

Okay, that's all I can recall without going back and looking at yesterday's posts.  Sorry if I missed somebody.

Enjoy the game.  Wonder how many will even be around to see this post because the game has started, right?  Might have to repost tomorrow.  Smile

Julia1971

Ugh! It's Superbowl Sunday and I'm reduced to listening to the game on the radio. Still no cable or internet. Good thing I have a vivid imagination. Wink

I got the double in. The achilles hurt a little during the first run so I just took it very slow. When I got home, I ate and took a nap. I was so tired. The second run went better. The heel didn't really hurt at all and my muscles felt looser.

D_R, Sounds like you had a good run overall.

Marco, It must feel great having your taxes done. I'm jealous.

SIAR, I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with my taper. I need to read more about it. But, I have a 10K the same day my taper is supposed to start. I think I want to do another 20 runafter that - either midweek or the next weekend... Sorry about missing out on the moose. Go get it next year.

Swift, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I'm the same way when I wear my stopwatch instead of my Garmin. Are you going to send the Garmin in to see if they can fix it.

Scott, Cool- we're marathon buddies now! Did you register already? They've been sending out emails that the race is going to fill up.

Pressing, Congrats on getting to be part of the tri club. Sounds like quite an honor.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Ugh! It's Superbowl Sunday and I'm reduced to listening to the game on the radio. Still no cable or internet. Good thing I have a vivid imagination. Wink

I got the double in. The achilles hurt a little during the first run so I just took it very slow. When I got home, I ate and took a nap. I was so tired. The second run went better. The heel didn't really hurt at all and my muscles felt looser.

Scott, Cool- we're marathon buddies now! Did you register already? They've been sending out emails that the race is going to fill up.

Sorry your cable/internet is still out! I guess after the double you aren't up to going out to watch it? Quite understandable!

I'm glad your Achilles is doing better.  Mine was throbbing a little last night and again this morning but has been fine ever since.

I haven't registered for the race yet, but I plan to do that tomorrow morning.  I'll probably annoy the crap out of you asking about the course over the next few weeks!

Julia1971

Sorry your cable/internet is still out! I guess after the double you aren't up to going out to watch it? Quite understandable!

I'm glad your Achilles is doing better.  Mine was throbbing a little last night and again this morning but has been fine ever since.

I haven't registered for the race yet, but I plan to do that tomorrow morning.  I'll probably annoy the crap out of you asking about the course over the next few weeks!

I may go to the neighborhood bar if the score gets closer. It's going to be packed, though, because I don't think it's just me without cable. But, I didn't want to drive since I will definitely have some beers... Ask away! I've run it twice but the new start and segment up Rock Creek have me a little spooked. It was nice being able to stay in the Armory to stay warm in years past. I'm not psyched about being outdoors now. And, Rock Creek is a slight steady climb. I don't think it'll be hard but it'll be a challenge to hold back... Yay! So excited you're running it.

Finally PRed!!!

Just got an email back from Garmin--said they will repair or replace for $79 plus tax and have it back within 10-14 days.