Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/4/13 (Read 16 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Hope the 8 were good. I'm not crazy about the weather here today, either.

jack: Great job with the pre-race workout. Hope CB goes well.

RVD: I don't have a TM so I'll have to run in crappy weather, looks like the rain has mostly stopped, though.

Docket: Great job with the 10 this morning, hope Trixie's follow-up goes well.

Scott: Good luck getting the running in.

JenRosie: Hope your run today goes well. Enjoy the days off work!

Pressing: Hope the 20 goes well. It does seem a little harder to get mentally ready for a  20 when it has been a little while. You can do it!

marco: I am another one with a heart murmur. It has not caused me any problems so far.

Hi to everyone else, too!

I have a group run this evening of about 4, was planning on doing 5 or so before to get about 9, and guess I still will try to do that, now that the rain seems to have mostly stopped. Today is really the worst weather of the week, right now about 41 with a little wind and just still wet and kind of icky. I ate a couple small brownies and some cheese at a reception after a lecture last night, and I'll probably eat a few things I maybe shouldn't tonight too, but I'l try to do so in moderation. At least I'll have run so some moderate eating and drinking after should be okay.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

RVD: I don't have a TM so I'll have to run in crappy weather.

Well, luckily where I work has a small fitness center with 4 treadmills (3 working) otherwise I'd be out of luck.

Mostly Harmless

Hi everyone!

Julia: Hope the 8 were good. I'm not crazy about the weather here today, either.

jack: Great job with the pre-race workout. Hope CB goes well.

RVD: I don't have a TM so I'll have to run in crappy weather, looks like the rain has mostly stopped, though.

Docket: Great job with the 10 this morning, hope Trixie's follow-up goes well.

Scott: Good luck getting the running in.

JenRosie: Hope your run today goes well. Enjoy the days off work!

Pressing: Hope the 20 goes well. It does seem a little harder to get mentally ready for a  20 when it has been a little while. You can do it!

marco: I am another one with a heart murmur. It has not caused me any problems so far.

Hi to everyone else, too!

I have a group run this evening of about 4, was planning on doing 5 or so before to get about 9, and guess I still will try to do that, now that the rain seems to have mostly stopped. Today is really the worst weather of the week, right now about 41 with a little wind and just still wet and kind of icky. I ate a couple small brownies and some cheese at a reception after a lecture last night, and I'll probably eat a few things I maybe shouldn't tonight too, but I'l try to do so in moderation. At least I'll have run so some moderate eating and drinking after should be okay.

5 done on my lunch break.  I'd like to get in 10 more tonight while the boy practices but I don't know the area very well.  Enjoy the group run tonight and the (moderate) indulging.  It's good to reward all the hard work occasionally!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Internet went down but I wanted to let you know that pending Trixie's liver test, she was given a clean bill of health.

Off to run some more after I drink a beer my husband served for me.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

I've been making friends on the main forum again.  Smile

I know I was a bit pessimistic this morning but I'm running pretty well these days.  I did my 8 mile run this morning in 8:03 pace.  Surprised   It felt hard but not that hard.  I'm hoping it's a sign that I'm going to have some fast races later this spring.

Jack, I forget - is this your first marathon?  CB should be a really good test for you.  The course is flat and it looks like the weather will be nice.

RVD, Nice job getting your workout in.

D_R, Yay for Trixie!  Hope the beer was nice.

Scott, Grrr!  I hate when I want to run from work and forget an item of clothing...  Hope you got your second run in.  Is this your first double?

JenRosie, 4 days off sounds fantastic...  That does seem like a lot of MP miles to do during a taper but doing some will probably help lock in the pace for you.

Pressing, I hope the 20 went well.  That is quite a jump but doable for veteran runners.

Marco, Glad to hear it wasn't freaking you out.  Especially with Boston around the corner...  A 1:30AM phone call?  That's brutal.

Swift, I hope you enjoyed the cheat foods.  You gotta allow yourself some treats.

Run the mile you are in.

7.5 wonderful miles in the VFFs after work

jojo61397

Did 5 miles this morning, worked, and did packet pick up this evening.  Really busy.  Will check back tomorrow.

Got 163 5K runners and 30 10K runners.  WOOT.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

I got my double in. The second run was only 6 miles. The sun went down and there were no street lights and you can only run laps around a soccer field so many times without going crazy.

Julia - I've run a few doubles before, but not very many.

Jodi - I'm glad your race is a success again!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp