September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Recovery run for me today...  It looks like this'll be my first sub-freezing day - local news is saying 31 degrees out.  In the past, I was a weather wimp and would head to the treadmill in weather this cold but my new rule is sub-20 degrees.  I bet some of you up north are laughing at me right now.  Smile ...  In racing news, I found out I got into the Nike Women's Half Marathon in April.  Now, I'm waiting to see if I got into Cherry Blossom, which is also in April.

Docket_Rocket, are you ready for your race tomorrow? 

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good morning Julia, thanks for getting us started again. Good luck with your chilly recovery run.  I'm glad that I'm running at lunch today instead of this morning.  It's supposed to be about 50 by then.

After reading the replies yesterday (thanks all!) I've decided to go ahead and run the 5 today but do it at recovery pace.  I'll cut back tomorrow's run to 12 and run it at LR pace.

The banquet video went fine after the edits.  It ended up taking a long time to render the video so I missed part of dinner but I had a big lunch yesterday so a light dinner was perfect.

Damaris - I really like the ornament, that is way cool!

Marco - I'm sorry about the loss of your church member. Losing friends or relatives on or around the holidays is tough. My Mom passed away on Thanksgiving 8 years ago.

PO - So you just found these skirts in the mail? Do people randomly mail you running apparel often?  I hope studying went well.  I always learn at least a little something when I help my kids study.

Jodi - Fingers crossed for you that you'll get two days in row of healthy kids.  I agree with Julia about the sick kid policy but I guess if they are getting ready to retire and move it might not make much difference?

Mark - I resumed running last weekend.  I ran 5 on Saturday to test the foot.  Felt ok so ran Monday (9), Tuesday (5) and Wednesday (10).  I agree with your advice (see above).

Have a great Friday all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Joe1775

Julia - congrats on gaining entrance to the Nike Women's 1/2.  

Scott - I hear your struggle, and fell like you are making a smart move with the 5 today at recovery pace.  Hoping for good news on this later.

Me - SRD!!  23F out this morning, so no complaints that I'm staying indoors.  Core exercises and healthy eats today.  :-)  

jojo61397

Julia-- yep my mom has a policy about sick kids, but most parents just ignore it.

Scott-- enjoy your 5

Joe-- have a great rest day Smile

I'm doing 7 after I get the girl sent off to school.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I think my race is Sunday, but I will check it out later.  I still have not registered and I'm in no mood to run tomorrow, so if it's tomorrow, I'm DNS'ing.  If it's Sunday, maybe.

My lower back is better, but I have this huge migraine today, ugh.  5 miles later tonight.

Behave!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Good morning, Julia, Scott, Joe, and Jodi.  7 miles for me this morning at easy pace.  Looks like another jam-packed weekend coming up.  See you all on Monday!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Bad Ass

Been meaning to say that I've noticed we got more active after moving to RA.  RWOL sucked so much most of us have quit posting and gone to the FB group.  I'm glad most (if not all) of us are back here as well.  Big grin

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Been meaning to say that I've noticed we got more active after moving to RA.  RWOL sucked so much most of us have quit posting and gone to the FB group.  I'm glad most (if not all) of us are back here as well.  Big grin

+1

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Used to be I was among the first because I would post before running.  Trying to get in extra miles than I used to and I need every minute, so usually don't post until work.  Good to see this much traffic early in the morning!

I am off from work Friday and Saturday and will run this afternoon when temps reach the 40s.  Saturday, the high is supposed to be low 20s.  I am back on track for my yearly mileage goal so will probably do only 7 or 8.  Need to get ahead a little, so I can take a day off.

All Christmas shopping is done except waiting for a couple to arrive in the mail.  Hoping to get some wrapping done today.  I miss my daughter not being here.  I hate wrapping gifts and she was so good at it.

Julia--thanks for the start.  Not laughing at you.  I have layer alerts for temp ranges. two layers for anything between 20 and 30.  Three layers below 20, etc.   It will be shorts today or anything above freezing.  I looked last year and -2 was my coldest.  I think 12 so far this year.  You get used to it.

Scott--enjoy your run this afternoon.  I will go out about the same time.  Glad the video turned out OK.

Gotta get moving.  Good morning Jodi, Damaris, Hill, Joe and all who follow!

CompetitiveChik

Wad Up Runnin Freaks.....

ROUD for me today. Smile. I have some experimenting to do. from about mile 10 on, in my full last sunday, I suffered from major cramps in my calves. I think I may have figured out why. I'll fill y'all in on it later. 

RR will be comin up later today as well.

Well gotta git out the door.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hi all!  I have a 1700 yard swim on the schedule today along with some core/balance/strength work.  I really want to skip it as I'm tired and have a long day.  I won't though.  I know I'll feel better once it is done.  Dd has the youth musical at church this evening.  It is a dessert theater and there will be cheesecake so I need to swim for the calorie burn.  Wink  

Julia - Congrats on the race entrance. I hear Nike is a really good race. How far is Cherry Blossom?

Great job getting out in the cold winter weather.

Scott - Hurray on finishing the video. I have one more video to make myself before I am done with my video Christmas gifts. Dd is in a play tonight so I plan on recording that. At least as a musical I won't need to add any music to it. Sticking the music where you want it can be quite time consuming. Great choice on the recovery 5 and 12 miles. That's what everyone is here for ... advice!

Joe - Enjoy avoiding the 23 degree temps.

Jodi - Have a great 7 miles. I take it your ds is still sick at home? Poor kid.

Damaris - Sorry about the migraine. Yuck. Well, if you haven't registered, is it really DNS'ng?  

Hill - Enjoy your 7 today. Sounds like a popular number today.

Marco - You have been posting later. Well, you're still posting before me. I'm online before 7:00 a.m but there's no way I can keep up with everyone on Eastern and Central time zones.

CC - Hmm, I'm interested to hear more about your cramps and your solution. Looking forward to the RR. I just realized I never did one for my recent marathon. Oops.

jojo61397

PO-- nope not at home sick at all Smile.  There was a staff training day at his school, so no school today.  We are going to get dolled up and go to a Christmas concert and out to eat tonight.  So excited.  Going to completely undo all the work I'm doing to lose weight tonight Smile.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

PressingOn

Jodi - Hurray for healthy kids!  Enjoy your night out!

jojo61397

I just have to rant here again.  The policy at schools and daycares for those who are childfree is 24 hours with no vomiting, fever, or diarrhea.  So this kid throws up all over my mom's house yesterday morning.  My mom calls the dad, who is currently unemployed. She ended up calling the wife, who called got a hold of him at home (can we say screening the phone calls).  The dad calls my mom and asks her, "what do you want me to do about it (aka puking kid)?"  My mom has him come get her.  24 hours after the kid vomits, they show up with said kid, saying, "she's fine.  Hasn't vomited all night (hasn't eaten anything either)."  A little background about this kid, my dad had a quadruple bipass and valve replacement a few years ago.  The same parents, older sibling, bring the kid with rotavirus to daycare the day before my father's surgery.  Every child in the daycare was sick.  I am amazed.  All I know is if I end up with flu from this nimrod, I'm going to show up to her house with a bill for Goofy Challenge.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds