JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Just B.S.

Morning folks. I'll get this party started.Smile

Windy as heck here, kept me awake half the night thinking the roof might blow off.

Headed to the pool, then 7 or 8 miles later today.

This will be my 3rd time this week doing a run/swim combo day. Hopefully in a month or

so I can get the bike on the road. It will be cold but as long as there is no ice or snow it's

all good.

Enjoy your day and workouts!!

Julia1971

Good morning, everyone!  5-6 recovery miles on the schedule for me.

Just B.S., You beat me this morning!  Hope you had a good morning at the pool and get your miles in later.  I think it's supposed to be windy here, as well.  I better find a good jacket.

Scott, Don't look at the forecast.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Brains aint me forte

Good morning! My new shoes arrived as scheduled yesterday.  I will take them out for five easy miles at lunch today. I'm going to use some KT tape on my achilles today just for a little extra support.  I know from experience that KT tape won't stick to hairy legs so I shaved the back of  calf this morning.  Maybe I'll take a picture and post it to the "Show me your sexy running legs" thread over in the Beginners and Beyond group later.

Beth - Enjoy your swim/run day!

Scott, Don't look at the forecast.

Of course I had to look after seeing that.

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 46F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%

I wonder how many times the forecast will change between now and race day?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Of course I had to look after seeing that.

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 46F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%

I wonder how many times the forecast will change between now and race day?

LOL!  I know.  I'm sorry.  I will refrain from further weather comments as not to suck you into my obsessing.  I don't think we'll know until next Thursday or so what the weather will really be like...  Did you sign up for the runner tracking?  I tried and it looks like it only works for the half.  Am I doing something wrong?

jojo61397

Morning all.  I got little sleep, so rest day.  Running 3-4 tomorrow.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Brains aint me forte

LOL!  I know.  I'm sorry.  I will refrain from further weather comments as not to suck you into my obsessing.  I don't think we'll know until next Thursday or so what the weather will really be like...  Did you sign up for the runner tracking?  I tried and it looks like it only works for the half.  Am I doing something wrong?

I signed up even though I think it's a complete rip off to charge $5 for it.  Rock n Roll already charges a pretty steep registration fee. Then they hit me up for $20 to park and another $5 for this.

Sorry for the rant, back on topic.  I tried to set it up but I'm not sure if it worked or not.  I'm going to log back in and check it if I can remember how.

ETA:

Julia - It is for both races.  It's a little bit confusing but both races appear on the same line in the drop down box.

Good morning,

Just a quick check-in before we get back to the business of issuing furlough letters.  DId another 13 on the TM but much slower than yesterday.  I have a new mileage PR of 86 for the past seven days, but I won't count it because I go by the calendar week.

Beth--the wind drove me to the TM for another day...just couldn't face 20-30 mph winds with temps near freezing

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

B.S. : Hope you have a nice swim, and enjoy the 7 or 8 later.

Julia: Have a good recovery 5-6. I can finally stalk my forecast in the 10-day also! And even though it can change a lot, I can't help but check it every day.

Scott: Enjoy testing the new shoes. Hope the KT tape helps. Funny about having to shave your calf

jojo: Enjoy the RD. Hope you're able to get more sleep tonight.

SRD for me today. Ran a bit faster than planned last night--I was running late to meet the group when I got to the park, so I ran much faster than I normally would on the way across the park to meet them, and caught them just as they were leaving for the run. Then it was hard to suddenly run slower, did manage to slow it down somewhat, but still ended up a bit fast. I'm going to be more disciplined and run nothing faster than MP (except for strides) the rest of taper. But it was kinda fun! I can feel the taper magic working already...Smile

Oh, and luckily the samples of the Frozen Pints Ice Cream were really just samples in tiny cups, so no chance to overdo it on that. They took a picture of some of us, so I guess I may end up on their FB page or something. I did have some free beers, though. I have abstained from beer for like 2 weeks before a goal marathon before, but I'm not sure if it really made a difference performance-wise or not. I guess I'll lay off it next week, though. Anyway, had a nice time chatting with a bunch of people after the run. Those runs are always fun.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

marco: Nice 13 on the TM and great job with the miles. Hope your weather is better soon.

Brains aint me forte

Marco - I'm sure handing out the furlough letters is difficult and I'm sorry you have to do that. I'm sure people know they are coming but it still sucks.

You are going to wear that TM out at this rate!  Great job getting in your miles and I hope the weather changes for the better soon!

NTS - You always make your group runs sound like so much fun.  It makes me want to get more involved with my local running group.  Good job not hoarding all the ice cream samples after your run.  The idea of abstaining from beer the week before a race hadn't occurred to me.  So if I decide to do that too, can I still drink tonight? Just one? Smile

ETA: Some of our high mileage folks in this group might get a kick out of this thread showing Meb's monthly mileage totals for the winter.

I'm just sitting around twiddling my thumbs until tomorrow's 10k.  I've abstained from regular coffee the last couple of days and have just been drinking decaffeinated.  The reasoning I've read is that you can get a boost from coffee on race day, but only if you are not accustomed to it.  So, I back off a couple of days before so that I can get juiced up race morning.  Joking

Julia1971

The recovery run was great.  It was a little windy out but not too bad.

Scott, I think I figured out the runner tracking.  Instead of receiving my confirmation code in 2 minutes, it took an hour. LOL!  I started a thread in the main forum for the race.  There are a few RAers who usually run the race and we normally have fun ragging on the race...  Yeah, the parking charge is pretty steep.

JoJo, Have a good rest day.

Marco, Congrats on the mileage PR.  You're a champ for running that kind of mileage in that kind of weather.  Sorry about the depressing work.

Swift, I'm glad you're feeling the taper magic.  So, how was the ice cream?  Beer flavor doesn't sound all that appealing to me but maybe it's surprisingly good.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  I'm surviving this little running hiatus, but barely!  I did post later last night, but in case you missed it, my exciting news is that I went ahead and bought the LunaRacer 3 for my marathon shoe.  After trying on about 25 pair of shoes over the last month, it feels good to have made the choice.  Other than that, it was a rest day yesterday.  Today is a rest day as well, but I'm going to the store to do a 5 mile run in some Hokas to see if they're an option for me.  Other than that, I feel pretty good.  It's hard to take a rest day when I know I'm not injured, but since my feet feel on the verge of trouble it's better to just try and take care of this now.

Beth...Hope you have a nice swim and run session.

Julia...Glad it was a nice recovery run.

Scott...Yay for new shoes!  I've been thinking about using the KT tape on my feet again as well.  Fortunately there's no need for shaving there.

Jodi...I hope your rest leaves you feeling refreshed.

Marco...Good work on the rolling running total.  I felt the same way about counting mine when I hit a high that way too.

Swift..Sounds like a good run last night, even if a little fast.  Enjoy your rest and hope that taper magic continues to do its thing for you.

RVD...Have a good rest day preparing for tomorrow.  Good luck!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: I thought it was pretty good. They had several flavors to sample.

Found the pic they took of us on Instagram. I look really dorky and the flash along with the lighting in the bar made our eyes glow like aliens. That's me on the left:

http://instagram.com/p/WlSAY1il1o/