Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/22/13 (Read 17 times)

jojo61397

Don't be jealous of the golf tournament, it was rained out Sad.  Hoping the rain lets up for my husband's marathon on Sunday.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

OK, THIS DOES IT!  I'm returning to the other one.  Sheesh, people. Make up your minds! Joking

I had a nice recovery run this morning. I really focused on keeping it slow since I have a 22 miler tomorrow. Then, I had to rush to work for a mandatory 10am meeting. I made it with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

Next on my semi-race related agenda is trying to plan a post-race party. I was going to reserve a space in a restaurant, but marathon day is St. Patrick's Day and most of the (cheaper to mid-range) bars aren't taking private parties. Not sure if I'll be up for hosting a party at my house a couple hours after running a marathon, though. Maybe I could just do pizza or something, though. I feel like I need to decide ASAP so people don't make other plan

my Blackberry track-ball is messed up. But apparently, Verizon isn't getting the new Blackberry until April. I don't know if I can wait that long. Loyalty has it's limits.

D_R, I do like the new pic. It's less bad assy, though, so I might like the other one more. Smile Hope your headache is gone.

Scott, DD is playing again? That's great. I think I left off with her having a swollen ankle. Happy for her!

JoJo, I think I'm about as far north as I could handle. And south for that matter. Have a great day golfing. That sounds like so much fun.

RVD, Your other races have been added... Hard to know what to do. But, I think doing something like an out-and-back or on the track would be good so you could cut the run short if you had to.

SIAR, The mill might be your best option if it's icy. Maybe venture out a block or two before committing? Yesterday was supposed to be general aerobic, so, it's good that it was kinda fast. I'm going to try to hammer out the rest of my schedule during lunch today. I hadn't worked out the whole shortened taper and no tune up race thing.

Jack, I moved to the area in 1993 which is the year we had the freak snow storm in March. So, I still feel like we're not out of the woods until mid-March. But, yeah, that's usually a good bet.

JenRosie, Awww. What a nice neighbor. I was thinking the same thing about buying another singlet. I just don't like the other color options. Sad

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got my run in, finally.  9.5 miles, starting with 3 easy, then 6:41, 6:25 and 5:52 (progression from MP to 5k pace), then a bit over 3 more easy.  I feel pretty good about completing the workout because I didn't feel like mentally or physically I was at my best today.

Jack...Wow, I have so much respect for the paces you can run!  That 5:52 for me today was all I could muster at the end of just 3 miles, and you're doing yours on a hilly route!  Is your injury really starting to feel better, or did you decide to just ignore it?  Have a good run tonight.  I'm actually thinking of grabbing the Cumulus 13 to go with my Cortanas as my shoes for just logging mileage.  Have you run in the 13s?

Jen...7" of snow don't leave much choice I suppose!  At least you got the miles in.  I'm sure your neighbor will appreciate the cookies/beer as much as you appreciated the plowed drive!  I haven't tried the yaktrak before.  I feel like usually it's not bad enough to need them.  The ice did melt for me though, so I was good.

Julia...You love playing with your training schedule it seems...or maybe it's just the "haven't raced in years" craziness setting in.  Either way, I hope it sets up to your liking.  Your post race marathon party sounds like a lot to tackle.  I've been so hit or miss after marathons that I wouldn't want to really commit to much, personally.  It could be a lot of fun though.  I actually know a handful of people that are doing Toledo, maybe I should see if they're up for anything.  Glad you had a good recovery run before tomorrow's long one.

Jodi...Ah, bummer about the tournament.  I hope your DH has better luck with his race.  Does he have a time goal?

Docket...Yep, like this one.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Docket: Hope you have a nice recovery run tonight.

Scott: Nice recovery run, hope you have a good 20 tomorrow.

jojo: Nice 5.

RVD: Nice 8 on the TM.

jack: Hope you can get your 13 in tonight.

JenRosie: Nice recovery 6, hope the snow is plowed for your 18 tomorrow. Running long in snow that's not plowed is tough!

Julia: Glad you had a nice recovery, hope you have a good 22 tomorrow.

SIAR: Nice job with that run, way to knock it out, especially since you didn't feel in top form.

I ran 6+ at a very easy pace today, only had 4 on the plan but felt like doing a little more. I have 22 tomorrow morning with my group. I've seen the route map, and it is pretty hilly. Need to make sure I start out nice and easy, so that hopefully I can finish strong. Went by the store today and stocked up on some various gels, beans, etc, as my stash was getting low. Expecting rain for tomorrow's run.

Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...Nicely done with the 6.  I'd have added some to the 4 as well...it's been a while since I've done a run that short.  You do gels and beans huh?  I guess a little variety is nice.  I actually like those chews, but they're just not convenient to carry if you're not someone that uses a belt.  Have a good long one tomorrow - hope it's not too wet.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

JoJo, That's too bad. Yeah, hope it dries out in time.

D_R, I'm happy again. Hahaha. I actually like them both. Can you alternate them each day?

SIAR, I actually hate messing with my schedule so much. Not having tune-up races and extending the taper really has ripple effects through the plan, though. On the post-marathon party, I've actually gone out the evening of all of them. For Boston, I'm sure I was out past midnight. That medal is great - people kept buying me drinks! Smile. I'm thinking pizza party might not be too bad. I would just have to pick them up.

Swift, It sounds like you have a big work out tomorrow. Rest up!

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Ok, somewhat shameless plug here. My BoMF team had to make a Harlem Shake video at 6 this morning as part of a contest. Here it is, in case anyone would like to watch (not going to try to talk anyone into watching it--just watch if you'd like):

http://youtu.be/4gS3-n02hs0

MTA: most of us did not know until last night or this morning that we were making this video this morning.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

Ok, somewhat shameless plug here. My BoMF team had to make a Harlem Shake video at 6 this morning as part of a contest. Here it is, in case anyone would like to watch (not going to try to talk anyone into watching it--just watch if you'd like):

http://youtu.be/4gS3-n02hs0

MTA: most of us did not know until last night or this morning that we were making this video this morning.

LOL!  I've been ignoring this meme so this is my first viewing of a Harlem Shake video.  It looks like you all had fun.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                  Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

PressingOn

Hi all!  Just a quick hello to let you know I'm still alive after my last marathon.  Been busy and not home much so no posting.  I feel all back to normal and ready to gear up for the next marathon on the 3rd.  No time for personals as I'm getting ready to head out for swim clinic.  Yippee!

Happy running and cross-training everybody!

jojo61397

Crap--  It looks like another disjointed 20 miler for Monday...  Severe Thunderstorms, tornadoes, flooding, icky yucky poopy diapers...

Any thoughts on how to survive a 20 miler on the treadmill?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Work has been absolutely nuts lately.  Not a lot of stress but just busy, busy.  I did nearly 11 today after a couple of 6 milers the previous days. However, several hours after finishing I had a little top of foot pain.  I wanted to go on a LR tomorrow morning, but now I am thinking a RD may be in order.  Don't want to make things worse before the race in April.  I'll have to go back the last couple of days to see what I missed.

Found out today that I got a bump in pay for my temporary promotion and will probably hold the position for a couple of months because they hired outside the area and the government will have to cough up the money to move the new boss.  So the pay increase will help a little to offset the fact that I am working Monday-Friday and missing night differential and Sunday pay..