Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1-February-2013 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

D_R, CC, and Pressing, Sorry about your kitties.  It's hard to lose a pet.  They're like family members.  You really do mourn them and a lot of people don't quite understand why you're so down.  But, having a pet is the best.  I miss that unconditional love and happiness in my life every day.

Marco, I'm beginning to think proper layering is key.  The jacket I wore today did a good job of blocking the wind.  I bet you have dressing for that type of weather down pat.

SIAR, Having a pet is a huge commitment.  Definitely wait until you're sure you can handle it...  Januarys have been my high mileage month, too.  As much as I've complained about the cold, I'm still happier than I was this past summer...  And, racing tired is good for marathon training.  Especially since it's something as short as a 5K...  And, nice kicks!  Considering the crazy colors the shoe companies are coming out with, you can't complain about red AT. ALL.

Scott, Too bad the trail didn't pan out.

Swift, Glad you found a replacement.  I'm addicted to mine.  Not sure I'd last more than a day or two without it.  Enjoy the rest day.

Pressing, Happy Taper!  How did that sneak up on you?  I am counting the days...  Yes, stay away from the sickies!!!  So, you tend to overeat when you're tapering?...  I like "sexy sock".  Smile  My co-workers are used to stranger outfits and behavior from me, I'm sure.  LOL!

Just B.S., You should be tired!  You've been working out hard.  Glad you got your power back.

D_R, I think I kinda get it.  Yep, close the door.  As infuriating as it is, it will pass.  The boss knows you're right so, there's nothing to be gained by prolonging the drama.  (Easy for me to say).

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

PressingOn

Just made Kale Chips for the first time.  My daughter and I think they are okay.  My son said, "Hmm ... I'm not sure."  The house smells like brussels sprouts.  My dh hates brussels sprouts.  He's going to want to turn around and leave as soon as he walks in the door and head for pizza.  Lol!  I'm making taco soup for dinner though so that'll keep him around.

SIAR - Pancakes! Those sound delicious. Well, you are my eating taper buddy.  Does this mean you are in a short taper madness for a short distance?  Ha!

Julia - It's hard to get stranger than the "sexy sock". What do you wear to work normally?  Yes, I tend to feel extra hungry while tapering.  I am not going to let it get the best of me this time.  I say that as I just posted about food. Roll eyes 

Damaris - I get it too, I think.  It doesn't sound fun and hopefully the situation (and maybe the person) passes on.  By that, I mean time passes and the situation eases or the person moves to a new job.  Not that she "passes on" literally.  Unless you want her to.  But that's on you.  Lol!

Julia1971

Pressing, That's true.  The sock is pretty hard to beat.  My office is about 60 degrees, so, they're used to me employing all types of measures to keep warm.  I think they'd conclude The Sock was some type of foot warming device...  I'm liking kale lately.  Growing up, I thought it was too tough but as an adult, I think I appreciate the texture.  Is that the worst of your "taper madness"?

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I forgot it wasn't just called the sexy sock! Taco soup recipe must be shared Pressing. Kale chips are okay by me...pretty airy though. Taco anything is better.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

Ugh, so full. I ate pancakes (banana cinnamon) like I was running a marathon tomorrow. It's a 5k for crying out loud!

lol....I had pancakes for dinner too but mine were apple cinnamon.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon