March:

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

6 mile recovery run for me today.  I'm also hoping to try some strides.  It'll be a test of sorts for the hamstring.  I don't think I've done anything at full stride since it started acting up 2 or 3 weeks ago.

D_R, I hope Trixie is doing better today.  She's probably just depressed to be at the vet and wants to go home.  I'm sure she'll bounce back after some TLC...  From what I recall, I had a meeting last year and missed registering.  Grrr!  I'll try to keep my calendar clear for tomorrow at noon.

Scott, Oh, snap!  We have this new awful website blocking software at work.  It even blocks government sites.  I can't risk it.  I'm going to take my personal laptop in case I need to go to the Starbucks down the street.  Thanks for bringing that up...  Yeah, I'm hoping to do more exercises to build flexibility and strength in my legs.  I asked the massage guy if the hamstring issue could be an imbalance and he said it's more likely related to running hills.  Not sure he knows what he's talking about, though.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

I didn't manage to post for a couple days but I did read.

JenRosie: Great job on your race! That's a really fast time.

Docket: I agree with Julia, I think Trixie will recover her personality when she gets out of the hospital.

Julia: Have a good recovery run, and good luck trying the strides.

Good luck to everyone trying to register tomorrow for MCM! I am already registered for my fall race, it was easy to get into mine and pretty cheap when I registered too.

RD for me today, but I plan to try to do a little walking, I ran about 5 slow miles yesterday, 3 with BoMF. Weight is holding steady, still about 2-2.5 lbs lighter than I was running before the marathon. I guess that's good since I don't want to lose too fast.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Hello runners!  I'm looking forward to getting a few miles in today.  I'm planning on 5 during my lunch break.  The sun is out right now but it is supposed to cloud up later. I hope I can get out before it does.

Julia - I hope your recovery run went well.  I think it's a good idea to bring in the laptop from home, I'll do that too just in case.

NTS - Enjoy your RD.  Good work with your post-marathon nutrition plan (notice I didn't call it a diet!). I wish I could say I was doing the same.  I've been eating like I'm still training and have put on a couple pounds.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just 3 on the treadmill today.  Cold and windy outside.  I'm over this winter stuff.  I have to do either long intervals at HMP or a longish run at MP outside tomorrow, so just hope the weather cooperates.

Bad Ass

Morning! Trixie didn't throw up at all (although force fed) so let's hope she's released today.  I have 8 with strides and hoping I feel good enough to do the miles and that I have time.

Julia, hope you get to register at the MCM.  I loved that race.  I asked for tomorrow off to take care of Trixie so I'll be lucky and might be able to register.  Hoping that if I'm at work, that I get to register as well.  BTW, they switched the date of the KB Half Marathon from 04/14 to 04/27.  Now I'll move it to tentative since I'm doing the 50K the weekend prior.

swift, enjoy the rest.

Scott, enjoy your miles.

RVD, enjoy the 3.

Thanks, I'm just hoping Trixie does just that.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

athenaofamerica

Good morning all! I used to post on RWOL as Run, Athena, Run! in the Daily Runner thread. I only just found out about this group. Smile

Julia, can you add a few races to the calendar for me? Thanks!
                April 14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

May 11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

June 16 - San Francisco Marathon

July 6 - Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

Oct 19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RR - Crappy 3-mile run on the TM last night. Lack of sleep + lack of motivation = crappy run. Tonight I have what I call my "skating bonanza", which is a figure skating class (roller skates, not ice) followed immediately by roller derby practice. 3+ hours on skates is always a good time. We have our first bout of the season on Saturday. Shocked

Julia - Hope you have a great recovery run w/strides!

D_R - Agreed with everyone else, Trixie will probably be a lot happier to be at home with you guys.

Scott - Hope you're able to get in a great lunchtime run.

RV - This weather is getting old, for sure. I don't have snow where I am, but the constant changing temps are driving me crazy.

Good luck with registering for MCM! Have an awesome day!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning!

Julia...I watched TAR...you were right, the bomber thing didn't exactly register with me either when I watched.  I understand how veterans were upset, but it wasn't exactly like they danced on or around it or anything.  I guess there should have been some respect shown to it.  As for Phil, I guess he adopted us.  I hope the 6 go well and that your hamstring doesn't give you any troubles.  Also, I'm not sure if I'm buying massage guy's theory about the hills.

NotSwift...I'm glad you have your fall race all set.  I may actually try for another marathon this year too, if I can get through the spring one healthy.  Nice job with the running and the weight loss.

NotScott...Sun?  What's that?  Hope the 5 are good.

RVD...I agree about winter, I'm tired of planning around it.  I'm hoping the snow on the track melts so I can use it tomorrow.  Good luck getting yours in.

Docket...Sounds like cat should be on her way home.  I hope you're able to get the mileage in, and good luck with registering too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

I skipped my run last night but got in a good 7x(between 1000-1200) this morning.  I just had one of those nights last night - tired from work and family, 10:00, raining a little, cold, maybe icy, just too much.  I am ready for winter to go away and stay away! The track was frozen this morning so we ran around the high school instead, and I'm not really sure how far we were going.  It was a good workout though, and the ice on the sidewalk and roads kept it interesting.  A new guy showed up and kept me company which was pretty great. He went down on the first corner of the 5th rep.  Hopped back up like he planned it though, and finished the workout with ripped pants.

DR - I'm happy Trixie is feeling a little better.  I'm sure everything will be back to normal when she comes home!

Julia - Glad you're back and running.  I'm hoping to get into MCM as well, as is my wife.  It would be her first marathon and I think she's nervous already.

NTS - That's a terrible problem to have, losing weight too quickly. Smile  Good job on the easy 5.

Scott - Good job stepping back into running.  Hope you manage to register.

RVD - Yes, winter has been too long, even down here in the technical south.  Maybe I'm just ready to start racing.

Athena - Welcome! Good job getting the 3 done even if they sucked, and have fun skating!

SIAR - You didn't mention how far you ran, so I'll just take a stab and say good job on the 30 mile easy day.

Bad Ass

Hi, athena!  I was hoping you'd show up!

Morning, SIAR and jackdyl!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12.3 miles for me, just at easy pace.

Athena...Hi, welcome back!  I thought we had lost you to roller skating completely.  Looking at your schedule, that's clearly not the case.  It is tough finding a balance between activities though.  Hope you have a good skate session later.

Jack..30 mile easy day - ha!  The makeshift track around the high school sounds kinda awesome.  I'm hoping that my track will be clear so that I can get on it tomorrow (and that my legs will be willing for some mile repeats).  You must have a lot of quick runners in your area that someone else who can keep up with your paces showed up.  I suppose that's the difference between being in a larger metro area compared to where I am.  As for winter, it's just mocking us at this point.

Docket...Howdy!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Hey Athena...welcome back!

Just shy of 7 done in a bit of snow and ice.  Now in Illinois visiting folks.  Not the best place to run near the hotel so I may hit the TM as I need around 29 miles for a monthly PR.  However, I have to do that in the next three days or it isn't going to happen.

Julia1971

I'm finally having "lunch"! Tons of meeting today. I already warned one of my staff members she's in charge tomorrow at noon... My recovery run was strong this morning and the strides didn't cause me any concerns. I didn't go full out, but probably 80% so I'm feeling more confident that I'll be good to go for Cherry Blossom.

Swift, Good luck with the weight loss goal.

Scott, my boss asked me about registering for MCM today. LOL! She reminded me we have off-network computers. I'm still going to bring my netbook in.

RVD, Hang in there! It's gotta end soon.

Athena, Nice to meet you! Glad you can join us. I'll add your races shortly.

Jack, It sounds like the group workout was more fun than what you would have had the night before. But, yeah, it was a little icy out this morning until the sun came out.

D_R, I hope Trixie is on her way home. I'll fix your race day, too.

SIAR, Hope the 12 easy were enjoyable... I think someone on the main board, Spaniel maybe, also linked hamstring woes to hills. But, I don't think I run them often enough for it to be a problem. I avoid hills like the plague.

Marco, Good luck finding a TM or better place to run to get those 29 miles in.

Run the mile you are in.