not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Maratho

Just B.S.

Morning all feeling great today, just a teeny bit of soreness in the quads going down the stairs.

Heading to the pool for 1,500 nice relaxing yards of freestyle!

And a nice long soak in the hot tub.

Enjoy your day and I promise a race report sometime today with details of the BIG FAT PR!Big grin

Didn't write one yesterday because I was too busy relaxing with hubby and talking to my kids

and Mom on the phone after we got home. After all it was Mother's Day!

As far as soreness goes, I am in the same boat as Beth.  I may run a few after work.  However, I don't have a PR to report.  It's the most disappointed I have been after running a race.  It was a repeat of Boston.  I finished with a 3:21 and had a terrible second half.  After six PRs, I have had two bad races.  I am not ready to slow down.  I need to get moving as I have out of office training the next couple of days.

It was great to see Beth and her DH and we enjoyed some food and drink afterward.  It may take a couple of days to get a photo or two and a more detailed RR up.

Have a good day!

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Running Friends!

I'm sorry that I've been absent for so long, but this last week and a half has been a roller coaster.  As you might remember, two weeks ago, I found out that I did not get a job that I had applied for internally.  Last Monday, I had a job interview and got an offer later in the afternoon.  They needed me to start quickly so I was only able to give a few days notice.  Friday was my last day at the old job and today is my first day at the new job.  I can't believe how quickly all of this fell into place and I consider myself to be very fortunate.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get in any runs while all of this was going on and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to pick it back up with the new job starting.  I hope that I can get into a routine quickly, get back out on the roads, and be a more regular contributor to this group.  But if you don't see me for a little while, I hope you'll understand.

Happy running, everyone!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Julia1971

I got 5 easy miles in this morning.  I felt pretty good but once again my lungs feel full of pollen.

Just B.S., Happy to hear you're not too sore today.  A long soak in a hot tub sounds dreamy.  Enjoy it!

Marco, Sorry to see the race was a disappointment.  Rest up - mentally and physically.  Smile

Hilltopper, Congratulations on the new job!  I'm glad something worked out for you.  And, good luck with the adjustment.  I hope you do manage to get some runs in.  I know it helped me with the stress of feeling like an incompetent fish out of water while I learned so many new things.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

B.S.: Congrats on the big fat PR!!!

marco: I'm sorry about the bad race. Recover well.

hill: Congrats on the new job. and good luck with the adjustment. I'm in a somewhat similar boat, as I just started a new job last week. My new schedule is a little crazy, and the job is fairly demanding physically.

Julia: Nice 5, hope the pollen gets better soon.

Going to head out for an easy 5 or so pretty soon. I didn't run Saturday (had to go in to work for training and was exhausted after, plus I wanted to give my shin a little more rest) and ran 12 yesterday. The shin didn't bother me at all yesterday, so I think cutting back the miles last week was a good idea.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks!  I'm sorry to have been absent all weekend. I won't bore you all with the details and just say that it was really busy, but good.  I will take a second to brag about my DS in his soccer game Sunday morning.  He plays outside midfielder and was grumbling Saturday night about not scoring a goal yet this season.  I told him that he has been playing his best soccer ever (the absolute truth) and he should just focus on working hard and the goals will come. He ended up scoring three goals Sunday with the first one coming about 30 seconds into the match.  Needless to say he was quite happy after the match and my DW and I were both glad to see him in such high spirits.

After seven days off, I'm ready to get back on the horse.  I'll do five miles at easy pace today on my lunch break.

I will probably be contributing here less often over the next six weeks.  The project at work is big enough that I've had to put my IT Developer hat back on while continuing my project manager duties at the same time.  Between that and my daughter's upcoming graduation and trying to get 35-40 miles a week I won't have much spare time.

Beth - Congrats on that big fat PR! I'm looking forward to reading your report.

Marco - I'm sorry you had a bad race.  Maybe it was just a little too soon after Boston for this one to be a PR?

Hilltopper - Congrats on landing a new job so quickly!

Julia - I'm glad the run was good.  Sorry about the allergies. I'm thinking about giving one of the nasal spray allergy meds a try. My DS uses one that helps him a lot.

NTS - Good news about your shin! Enjoy your run later.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning.  Ahem, afternoon.  Busy at work so I have been scarce.  9 miles to tonight.

marco, sorry about the no PR.  Keep up the good work and you'll turn it around!

Hello to all!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Oops, I forgot to check in earlier this morning but I guess better late than never. I got in 10 quick miles yesterday afternoon while we were visiting my mom for Mother's Day and was expecting a bit of fatigue this morning but the legs feel great. I'll plan to run about 5 or 6 recovery miles this evening after work as I feel good to jump into training for Grandma's.

Just B.S.- You deserved more soak time than 10 minutes. Nice job on the race yesterday and I can't wait to hear the details on that Big FAT PR!

marco59-  I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing time yesterday but it's good to hear your legs are feeling pretty good after the race. Take some downtime to just rest/recover and don't be too hard on yourself.

hilltopper91- Congrats on the new job and it sounds like you've had a whole lot of stuff going on with the quick transition. Hopefully the new position will let you get time for some runs ... even if they're some short ones to just keep the mind clear.

Julia1971- Nice work on the early AM run today. Sorry you're dealing with the allergies right now but hopefully you can get a little bit of rain to knock down the pollen - though not enough to make it annoyingly humid.

not too swift- That's great news that the shin is behaving even after the 12 yesterday. It sounds like you made a wise move to take it easy for a bit to rest up and heal.

ImNotScott- That's great news about your son's soccer game. Congrats to him on the goals and for the patience and good play in the games up to this point in the season. Hope the runs back are good ones and though it sounds like you're going to be really busy, try to  just drop by occasionally and let us know how things are going ... don't worry about personals

Train smart ... race smarter.

thanks guys.  Does running 5.37 this evening count as recovery?  It's the most I have ever run the day after.  I have another one in five weeks, and I can't believe I am saying this, but I may run this and not try for a PR!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good evening all!  Apparently, in light of the fact that I didn't run today, my running energy wasn't as high as I thought after yesterday.  Oh well.  I have a run with a friend tomorrow and a group run Wednesday so at least that will be two runs for me.

Oh, I forgot to share my cool news...I'll get to be one of the "official" volunteers for the Akron Marathon as our store has now taken on a bigger role with the race.  We'll get full brooks gear, walkie talkies, and generally have a great time.  I'm very excited for it (although it isn't until the last week in Sept.).

Beth..I bet the pool felt great after the race.  Again, glad it was such a great day for you yesterday.

Marco...Sorry to read about the disappointing race.  Maybe running the next one without thinking about a PR is just what you need.  Maybe after your next race you can look at some of your training and see if there are changes you can make.  I'm sure your PR days aren't behind you.

Hill...Congratulations on the new job.  It's amazing how quickly stuff like that can move sometimes.  No worries about the infrequent posting!

Julia...Darn those Cherry Blossoms (although I'm sure it's not just their fault).  At least it was just an easy run.  From yesterday...I do think the matchmaker idea is something interesting, as opposed to just the online thing.  Besides, who wants to do all the work of picking a date ha.  It sounds like your running club may be a little smaller than mine.  Maybe dating and running are better kept separate anyway.

Swift...Hope the 5 easy are nice.  That's great to see that you're body is feeling better.

Scott...Awesome job by your son!  That's really exciting to have a game like that.  It is frustrating not to score, but when you're playing out wide there are so many other ways to judge performance.  It's just like you said...if he was playing his best soccer, the goals and even the assists will take care of themselves.  Sounds like you're going to be a very busy guy!  Pop in when you can.

Docket...Have a great evening run, and a great evening.  How's hubby's running going?

Bruce...Sounds like good running for you.  I love when the body recovers quickly.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I'm sitting down for the Caps-Rangers game.  C-A-P-S!  CAPS!  CAPS!  CAPS!  Smile

Swift, Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Scott, Looks like the kids are doing you proud.  Smile  Get everything taken care of now because come late June, you're in training!

D_R, Good afternoon.  Ahem, evening!  Blush  Hope you have a nice nine tonight.

Bruce, Awesome that the late afternoon run didn't tire you out.  I'm always a little hesitant about doing longer runs in the afternoon.  So, are you going to take any days off or are you not feeling that tired?

Marco, It might be good for you mentally not to try for a PR.  But, who knows?  You could get some race day magic.

SIAR, That is cool news.  Have fun with that.  You'll probably have as much fun as the runners...  Yes, the problem with dating someone in your running club is that if it doesn't end well, someone's gotta find a new club.  Sad  For team competitions, I'm more valuable than 2 of them so, the club might vote to keep me if that happened.  LOL!  Smile

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, That is cool news.  Have fun with that.  You'll probably have as much fun as the runners...  Yes, the problem with dating someone in your running club is that if it doesn't end well, someone's gotta find a new club.  Sad  For team competitions, I'm more valuable than 2 of them so, the club might vote to keep me if that happened.  LOL!  Smile

Hilarious! Probably true though...guys are far more replaceable.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Well, DH is taking more time off because his knee is still wonky.  Hope he does not quit with the extended layoff.

I did my 9 and they went great.  Super hot and humid but I felt fine notwithstanding the allergy shot today.  Trial tomorrow so I'm going to bed.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."