Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/21/12 - Running through End of the World (Read 201 times)

Mostly Harmless

December:

CompetitiveChik - 12/23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  Just 4 windy miles on tap for me today.  I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran 2 last night and I didn't want to run more.  They were super slow too, bah.  Anyway, more miles tonight.

Scott, enjoy the windy 4.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Good morning!

I took today off from work and have been cleaning all morning.  Living room is done.  Kitchen and bath room are next.  Then, a trip to the mall to buy gifts and the grocery store.

For running today, I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to do my long run today or Sunday since the wind tomorrow is supposed to be pretty bad.  Right now, I'm thinking I should do it. 

Yesterday's good news was finding out the NYCM resolution options.  I'm shocked they're giving us the option of a refund.  I'm thinking I'll either take the refund and run in 2013 based on my half marathon qualifier (assuming they don't change the qualifying times) or run in 2014 instead (since I really want to do the MCM).  I have a month to decide.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Just B.S.

Morning everyone, Canada is still alive and well!!

The boy's marks are all in!  He got one B+, 3 A-  and One A+

At least I feel like we are getting our monies worth!LOL

Due to a variety of reasons for getting started too late (got a last minute appointment with son

at the dentist, hubby lost cell phone and we had to go back to retrieve it) my run got cut to 7 miles

instead of 10.  Too dark, too much snow/slush on the roads that was turning to ice and no sidewalks

here I was good with the 7. Plus running in those conditions and dealing with snowbanks etc

makes it feel like 10 on the legs.

I'm off to my own dentist appointment today. Then I too am off for last minute errands, yikes!

Julia, I think it's good the NYC folks are trying to be so conciliatory by giving folks so many options.

Hi Scott. Hi D

Have a good one folks!!

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, everyone! Glad to see we all survived the Apocalypse.

Scott: have a good 4 in the wind.

Docket: hope you enjoy your miles tonight.

Julia: good luck with your LR.

B.S.: glad your boys did well. Good job getting 7 done in those conditions with the late start.

SRD for me today. I went to the Apocalypse Group Run at the nearby running store last night. We only did about 5K, but I ran about 1.5 mi on the way there. I still have a black eye,and am still sore in a few spots from the fall. Not too much leg soreness from running, though, but still going to rest today as planned. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just B.S.

Morning, everyone! Glad to see we all survived the Apocalypse.

Scott: have a good 4 in the wind.

Docket: hope you enjoy your miles tonight.

Julia: good luck with your LR.

B.S.: glad your boys did well. Good job getting 7 done in those conditions with the late start.

SRD for me today. I went to the Apocalypse Group Run at the nearby running store last night. We only did about 5K, but I ran about 1.5 mi on the way there. I still have a black eye,and am still sore in a few spots from the fall. Not too much leg soreness from running, though, but still going to rest today as planned. Have a great day, everyone!

Morning Swift! Enjoy your rest day!

Didn't I read the you used to live in Maine? I'm in New Brunswick so you are likely familiar with

the kind of snow we can get here.

Finally PRed!!!

Yes, I lived in Maine  from 1981-85 while I  was in high school, then again from last October until about 6 weeks ago.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just B.S.

Yes, I lived in Maine  from 1981-85 while I  was in high school, then again from last October until about 6 weeks ago.

6 weeks ago it was still lovely fall weather. We are full on winter now!LOL

You weren't at the Maine Marathon were you? Are you familiar with "New England Runner" Magazine?

I would be the first one to complain to management about crappy service and I''m also the first one

to give kudos where they are du.

I wrote a thank you letter to the RD of the MM after the race (our 2nd year there is a row) to tell him

what a great job they did. He wrote me back and told me in his 15 years as RD that it was the nicest

letter he had ever rec'd and asked if he would share with his committee.

About a week later he mailed me back with a mock up of an advertisement for the annual race calendar

for the October page asking permission to use our names. It was a quote from my email with mine and

hubby's name and "Marathon Finishers  2012" . It has a circulation of 90,000.  Pretty cool!

Bad Ass

Beth, awesome news about DS's grades.  First year in college is hard (I think it's his first year, no?)  So his grades will only improve.  Good for him!

Julia, I wouldn't take a day off work to clean!  Hoping you're done soon and can enjoy your day.

swift, enjoy the rest day.

I might run tonight, I might not.  Will play it by ear.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Nice to wake up and see that you are all still here. Headed out for 11 MLR in a windy 39 degrees... but waited long enough to have some sun, so that will help counter the wind a little.

Scott - Windy applies here too... and 33 degrees or so... doing other things for a little while as I don't have a regular work day.

Docket - Thanks for the FB link... did join. Still trying to assess how active I can be on different sites. 

Julia - all good options to me... I'd love to do both NYCM and MCM. One day I hope to do so. Still focused on improving time and exploring HR so am happy picking up inexpensive races here and there.  So did you venture into ToysRus? That could cause the Mayan Apocalypse, I'm guessing. 

BS - Glad Canada is still part of the remaining world. I'll go on assuming that the rest of the world is still here until I hear otherwise. Yeah, those conditions should count 50% or so more than other runs. :-) Awesome re picking up marathons now... I did the same... first at age 47 in 2008. Great job.

NTS - Hope the SRD goes well.  Ow... that eye-egg does look bad.

SIAR - You're right... most or all of us are freaks... I'd say good freaks, but I'm biased. :-)

Marco - Good snow running... guess you have more of that coming your way. I may get it visiting TN over the next 10 days or so.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

RVD - 3:15? Cripes. That's early. What time do you have to be at work? Better yet, what time do you go to bed? Maybe next run you can hit the track.

PressingOn: It's not that I have to be at work early; I just need to be able to vacate the track before school starts.  Plus I (and others) are occupying parking spots that are for teachers and coaches.  I have to feed pets, etc, so usually target getting to the track 0400 - 0430 depending on how far I have to run that day.  If I have to get to the track at 0400 I have to get up at 0245.  Sigh....

Just did a slow 6 on the treadmill at work today.  It is 30F outside with winds 20 - 30 mph and gusts to 40 mph.

Sidewalks are still pretty bad, but roadways aren't too slick.  Still, I came close to falling once earlier.  It was right at freezing and we had a mist falling.  I was a bit overconfident and was moving at a fairly quick pace when the near fall occurred.  Slowed me right down to a shuffle.  Managed 8.8 and only need to do 7 a day the rest of the year.

Back to work.  Hope your day is a good one!

Mostly Harmless

4 miles done.  Temps are in the low 40's here but no sun and wind gusts up to 35 MPH made it feel a lot colder.  Not looking forward to running long tomorrow morning with the same wind but temps in the 30's.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 11 miles with the core 8 at 68% HRR (148 BPM for me) and an 8:10 pace. It was a fairly windy day with gusts at times making me feel like a bobble head.

RVD - Your winds sure are worse than mind. Wow.

Marco - Glad you stayed upright. Good job in the tough conditions.

Scott - I'm with you there on hating the wind, especially on a cold day. I created a temperature sheet in 5 degree increments that I record what seems to work for me. Once wind hits 5 MPH, I begin subtracting roughly a degree for every MPH (so 10MPH winds are roughly 5 degrees colder). I add 5 for sun, subtract 5 for rain (10 if it's really pooring).  Seems to help, but the first 2 miles are still cold in a cold day.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html