Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/23 (Read 15 times)

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Good morning,

DW is a little nervous before we start our little trip.  Her procedure is late this morning so I am staying put.  I am taking leave from work and will maybe get to go on a run this afternoon.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Marco.  Hope all goes well with the procedure.

I just finished up 6.96 at a medium-hard pace - need to take it easy tomorrow.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Had short intervals this morning, 2wu+8(400@5kw400r)+2cd = 8 miles.  I was using 7:50 as 5k pace, but brought the speed intervals in at 7:41.

Finally PRed!!!

marco: Hope DW's procedure goes well and you get a run in later.

hill: sounds like a great run, but good idea to take it easier tomorrow.

RVD: Good job with the intervals, sounds like your speed is improving since all your paces are faster.

SRD for me today. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

Good morning, early risers!

No run for me, yet.  I'm supposed to go to a "fun run" at the local running store and then meet with my Ragnar team for drinks afterward.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I haven't met most of them but I think it's going to be a fun group.  My only problem is logistics.  The LRS is downtown so I could go straight there after work.  But, that means I'll be getting home via Metro pretty late.  Hmmm.  I still have a few hours to think about it.

Marco, I hope DW's procedure goes well and you get a short run in.

Hilltopper, That's a nice distance for that pace.  Good job!

RVD, 400s at 5K pace is a hard workout.  Hope you're not feeling beat up.

Swift, Enjoy your rest day!

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey runners! No run for me yet, but I'm going to get out later for some MP miles.  My plan calls for 2 miles easy, then 4x2k (1.25mi) at marathon pace, and then 2 more easy miles.  I don't know if I want to be quite that aggressive today or not, so I'll play it by ear and I'm sure I'll fill you in later.

Marco...Glad your results were good, and I hope everything goes well for your wife too.  Good luck getting out today.

Hill...Sounds like the medium hard effort was pretty uneventful?  That's usually a good sign.  Nothing before your June race for you?

RVD...Those are fun workouts.  Even though I'm not a 5k runner, I enjoy 400s and the effort that goes into them.  Nice pace you had going!

Swift...Enjoy your rest day.  Yesterday looked like a nice collection of miles for you.

Julia...Nice job on the 5 yesterday.  Your legs are too skinny to feel like tree trunks!  I couldn't figure out why you were talking about a passport - it dawned on me that Ragnar is the reason.  Hopefully you get all your logistics figured out for this evening.  As for TAR, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the hockey guys win.  There hasn't been an all guy team winner for a while, and they seem pretty cool.  Did the one really get his bag stolen?  I can't believe the camera wouldn't have seen that!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hi all!  I'm sending ds back to school today despite his constant complaining about how bad his tummy still hurts and his insistence on lying down on the couch.  I think he just wants to stay home again and watch tv.  He was totally fine from yesterday afternoon on.  Kids.

Once he's outta here I'll head to the pool for the swim I missed yesterday and then I meet my group to run.  I've got 6 miles of goal MP practice ahead of me.  Yesterday I ended up going to a Run Strong Boston event near my home.  I friend posted about it on her FB page so I thought why not get my miles in that way.

Scott - Love it when an "I don't want to run" turns into "wow, that was a great run!". Thanks for the link. I admit, I didn't listen to the entire song but what I did listen to was good.

Jodi - Hugs. Sorry about dh's deployment.

SIAR - Good job getting through your standard stuff run.

Marco - Glad the test came back normal. Hope DW's procedures is simple and easy.

Swift - Glad you enjoyed the Runner's for Boston event.

Hill - Good job today!

RVD - Good job to you on your speedy run.

Julia - Sounds like a fun evening. Hope you get the logistics figured out.

Just B.S.

Morning all. Although Auntie moved out last Wednesday much of life is still revolving around her needs so

I've still been quite busy. So I still haven't been able to keep up with the posts. And the weekend was busy

with taking care of pup and packing up Aunties stuff for giveaway and donations.

Started the day shoving a bunch of pills down the throat of a very sad, very uncooperative 90lb

Golden Retriever. He was in terrible pain all weekend, couldn't walk on his back leg. A trip to the vet

yesterday and more antibiotics and pain killers. We will go through this round and see what happens.

Vet thinks the Lyme Disease has affected his already arthritic leg more than we had thought and has

brought on more deterioration of the muscles/ligaments. His joint is quite swollen and hot which 

could also mean infection.

Then had a lovely trip to the dentist.

Meanwhile 3 calls from friends of my Aunt wanting to know her new phone number ( she was supposed

to call all of them on the weekend but apparently hasn't had time, you know cause things are so

busy at the seniors homeBig grin). I just want my phone to stop ringing from calls that have nothing to do

with me and my life. If this sounds grouchy, so be it, it's been a long 6 weeks being a full time care giver to

an ailing Aunt, taking care of all her personal business/care/calls and a dog with Lyme Disease WHILE

training for a full marathon and a triathlon. Well at the least training part was fun!LOL.

Now getting stuff ready for relatives to come pick up their free loot (furniture, Royal Doultons, etc) this

afternoon. Same relatives who couldn't be found anywhere when Auntie needed help but who called me

3 times this weekend wanting to know when they could come pick up their stuff.Roll eyes But at least I will

be getting the stuff out of my house and start getting my rooms and furniture put back together.

Really looking forward to a nice easy 6 or 7 miles later for some much needed relaxation.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I thought I had already posted!  6 miles tonight.

marco, hope the procedure goes well.

hilltopper, nice run.  Take it easy tomorrow.

RVD, enjoy the short intervals.

Julia, run and drinks sound fabulous.

SIAR, sounds like a nice workout.  Enjoy!

PO, you tell him!  Hope he feels better.  If so, he sure knows how to work it.

Beth, poor doggie!  And LOL at your comment on your aunt, LOL.  She might be a social butterfly there!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hello Runners!  I just got back from running 6 miles with the middle 4 at HMP. That was fun!

Marco - I hope the procedure goes smoothly!

Hill - Nice 7 this morning.  I'm looking forward to it warming up a little more so I can switch my weekday runs to before work.

RVD - Good interval speed today!

NTS - Enjoy your rest day!

Julia - Running and then drinking sounds like a good idea.  Drinking and then running might be fun too. :-)

SIAR - Enjoy the MP miles later.

Pressing - Mean mother sending that poor sick child to school!  I hope you can survive the guilt and get in a good swim and run.

Beth - Glad you could check in.  Funny how we think of running 6 or 7 miles as "relaxation" but I totally get it.

Damaris - Enjoy the 6 later.  Glad to see you bouncing back from the ultra so quickly but I can't say I'm surprised.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hmmm... apparently I really am a mean mother.  I managed to get my swim done and was just getting ready to head out the door for my run when the school called.  He's not down and out but his tummy is causing "issues" for him that will keep him home from swim lessons tonight as well.  Tomorrow's bike ride could be at serious risk also which makes me sad because it's supposed to be almost 70 degree's tomorrow.  Why do I get sick kids when the weather is beautiful outside?  At least I'm tapering, right?  This extra rest will do me good, right?  My coach is going to look at my plan and see how she can revamp it for me but assured me sometimes coming at a race with extra rest isn't all bad.  I know this in theory but it still freaks me out a bit.

Oh Beth, not much to say except hugs and you're a good niece.

Damaris - Enjoy your 6 miles

Scott - Glad you enjoyed your run. I am letting my guilt go.  Whoosh!  Gone.  I think ds should feel guilty he made his tapering mom miss her run but it doesn't work that way, does it?

Ah, my poor ds.  He is all cuddled up in his blankie and the cat was sitting on the floor in front of him preparing to jump up.  We both thought he was going to snuggle on the blanket with ds and I thought, "Ah, that'll make him feel better".  Oh no.  He jumped up on ds alright but then he used him as a launching pad to get to the back of the couch and ds received a nice kitty claw in the leg.  Ds said, "I can't believe he skipped me for the couch".  Poor kid.  lol.

jojo61397

Just lurking...

No time for personals.  Took an URD.  We had a really hard Cross Fit workout yesterday and I'm stiff and sore.  I'm going Gluten Free, alcohol free this summer, because doctor thinks DS has celiac.  Anyway, going to Cross Fit and run tomorrow, also signing up for NYC lottery later on.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Evening all.  I managed my run, but it wasn't as easy as I would have liked.  I did the 2 mile warm up, and also the 4x2k (5 laps) on the track at MP with 400m recoveries.  My legs felt find, but my breathing was harder than it should have been.  It got fairly warm today, so I'm just going to blame it on that, and the fact that I ran on a pretty full stomach and had kinda a rough day with family junk.  After starting to run the rest of the easy miles, I ended up just walking back to my car.  I could have run them, but today wasn't the day to dip into the tank.  I ended up with 8.91 total miles of running.

Pressing..Poor kid.  I guess there is a hard balance to juggle between making them suck it up and go to school and doing what they need to get healthy.  As for your training, I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out and be fine.  The mental issues of missing a workout are probably worse than the physical.

Beth...I think you need a vacation!  Hopefully the worst of your hassles are in the rear view mirror.  I hope the miles were restorative too.

DR...I hope the 6 treated you well.  Are you getting excited to head to PR?

Scott...Fun huh?  Maybe we need to speed that HMP up a little ha!

Jodi...Wow, those are big changes to make, although I'm sure if they will help your son it won't be that difficult.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

SIAR - Sounds like you got the important part of your run done.  I'll echo what I'm telling myself today, sometimes rest is best!  Lol!