Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/9/13 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

April:

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 4/13 - SunFest 5K

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

I have to be at work by 7:30/8 today so no run for me, yet.  I'm taking clothes in so I can get one in at lunch.  It's supposed to be 80 degrees today, though.

Run the mile you are in.

fake it till you make it

Morning Julia! 80?!?! It is pouring rain here with 4 inches of snow in the forecast. Sad

5 miles done, off to work!

jojo61397

Julia-  Enjoy your rest day!

I'm going to do around 6-8 miles this morning after the kids are in school.

Yesterday, I found out that my cross fit coach is participating in the cross fit games.  Everyone who goes to a cross fit gym can sign up for the games, then you are ranked by region and worldwide, based on your performance.  Anyway, she has been participating for our gym (a free gym), and is ranked number 8th in the world!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jackdyl11

I came down with something nasty yesterday so didn't get to run.  I think its the same thing I had around Christmas.  I'm feeling all better today, but now my wife has it so I will probably have to wait until the kids are asleep before getting anything in. Oh well, at least I lost some weight yesterday.

Julia - Did we skip Spring again? Good luck getting the lunch run in.

Jen - Hope the 5 were good.

Jodi - That's cool about your instructor!  Must be motivating to work with her!

thinkin about glory days

Julia, I can't believe I'm saying this but...be careful running in the heat!

Jen, nice job on the 5.

Jodi, enjoy the 6-8.

Jack, glad to hear you're feeling better.

I did 5.8, which included 6 x 100m strides.  Can I include the strides in my mileage?  I think I'll be more likely to do them if I can.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Did an easy 8 yesterday evening with 8 strides.  Today is 2wu+2(3m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd.  It is supposed to be 81F with a 57DP = 138 combined, and sunny.  Haven't run in anything anywhere near that hot since last year.  I'll be curious to see if I can hit my pace in that kind of heat.

The rule of thumb:

TEMP+DEW POINT:
                ===============
                Below 100: Ideal
                100-120: Not ideal, but ok to go for a fast time
                120-130: Ok to go for a fast time in races up to 10K - adjust goals for slower pace in longer races
                130-150: Adjust goals for slower pace in all race distances, especially longer races
                Above 150: Forget pace - just focus on finishing

or another insight:

Dewpoint <55*F: Go for it!
                Dewpoint in the 60s…it’ll be tough for racing, training runs OK
                Dewpoint in the low 70s…hard training will be tough
                Dewpoint in the upper 70s….anything other than a recovery run will be a struggle
                Dewpoint in the 80s…even a recovery run is tough

Mostly Harmless

Good morning all.

Julia - Enjoy your run and I hope you get used to the warmer temps soon. They are most likely here to stay.

JenRosie - Ugh to 4 inches of snow.  Glad you were able to get your run in before work though.

Jodi - Have a good run. That's pretty cool about your cross fit instructor.

Jack - I'm sorry that the devil bug is going through your house. I hope it spares the kids.

My legs feel a bit beat up after my run yesterday.  I think the big jump in temps after being on my feet for three days caught up with me.  My lunch time run today will be at recovery pace.  I'll probably get in five or so.

MTA: Started to write my post and then got called away so I missed hill and RVD.

Hilltopper - Good work on the run this morning.  In my book it all counts.

RVD - Your temperature/dew-point table is very interesting.  Did you get that from another source or did you base that on your own experiences?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  7 with strides and weights tonight.

RVD, thanks for the reminder.  Most of my runs at above 156.  Bah!

Julia, it  was 7am when I saw your post, so you're late, haha!

Jen, nice 5.

Jojo, enjoy your run!

Jackdyl, hope you get your run in.

hilltopper, nice strides workout.

Scott, morning!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

RVD - Your temperature/dew-point table is very interesting.  Did you get that from another source or did you base that on your own experiences?

I got it from another source, but it seems to track well with my experience.  Forget relative humidity and just keep an eye on dew point.

I think I asked Eric here once to remove the editing on temperature, because I wanted to put the sum of temperature and dew point in the temperature field, but that would result in too high a number and fail the edits, so wouldn't take.

jojo61397

I bonked it.  First really hot and humid run of the season.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

PressingOn

Hey all!  Did I miss posting the entire weekend?  Yep, I think I did.  Didn't run (or post) yesterday.  It was an USR due to not feeling good and thinking I was coming down with something.  Sometime early this a.m. a migraine hit so guess that's what it was.  Anyway, took some migraine OTC stuff and hopefully will feel okay for my run today.  I have an MP run today, somewhere around 5 miles.  Coach wants me to aim for 10:20 mm's.  I know that's slow poke pace for some of you but I'm a little freaked out by it.  My current PR is 4:53 and that would give me a 4:30.  Eek.  Anyway, supposed to wear my HR monitor today to see how my heart rate looks at that pace.  Did I mention I have a migraine and took a bit of caffeine today to counter it?  Not sure how accurate that HR will be.  Oh well.

Sorry no personals.  Don't want to stare at the computer screen too long.  The eyes/head can't take it.

Okay, I liked, two personals.  Jackdyll and Julia - good job on Cherry Blossom this weekend!

jojo61397

In my effort to become a better person I have decided not to rant and rave on Facebook, like I used to, but I do have one thing that has bothered me since Saturday, and I just want to air my frustration and let it go (I would do this in my book, I'm working on, but I would rather not the person know that I think she was a total b!tch).

Anyway, Saturday, we had silent auction at the autism run during the expo.  One of the items up for bids was a pair of sports sunglasses.  My sports sunglasses were totally destroyed a few weeks ago, and I saw the new pair and I went to bid on them.  The vice-president of the autism society board of directors had an absolute POOP fit that I bid on those glasses.  She went on and on and on about how she wanted them, see she bid all day on these glasses, and dare I.  Blah, blah, blah, blah.  So I took my bids off.  I'm so mad at myself for doing that.  This lady is NOT a runner, she had a very nice pair of brand name sunglasses on.  I showed her that my fancy sports sunglasses were broken.  She was just a cow that day.  She was supposed to watch my kids, and she showed up late, so my husband could not run the race.  She was screaming at the race volunteers to move the cones so she could park.  She said several times that she hated the shirts I picked out, because they weren't tank tops.  And pointed out that she was the vice-President of the board, and she could not understand how any decisions were made without her approval-- thing was she showed up to TWO meetings out of the 17 meetings we had.

So...  Thank-you for reading my rant.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Mostly Harmless

Jodi - Sometimes it feels great to get that stuff off your chest. I know it helps me a lot.  Another great way to vent is to compose a really nasty email or letter to the person in question but don't send it.  That way you can address them in the first person and say mean things that they never actually read. I hope I'm not the only person that does this.  Blush

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

This is totally true!  Humidity for runners is useless.

Imagine waht my numbers would do to Eric's tables....

I got it from another source, but it seems to track well with my experience.  Forget relative humidity and just keep an eye on dew point.

I think I asked Eric here once to remove the editing on temperature, because I wanted to put the sum of temperature and dew point in the temperature field, but that would result in too high a number and fail the edits, so wouldn't take.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."