Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3.14 (Happy Pi Day) (Read 11 times)

Brains aint me forte

March:

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Brains aint me forte

6:30 and no new thread yet?  Good morning all!  Another SRD for me. Have a great day runners!

Julia1971

Good morning!  And, yes, Happy Pi Day.  Although, I'm doing protein today so no pie for me.  Sad

I'm planning to take an URD.  There's an acronym I never thought I'd use.  LOL!  In past marathons, I've take the day before the day before the marathon off.  This time, I was going to run through.  But I really do think there's a slight pull in my hamstring.  And, I'm still congested.  But, perhaps the most compelling reason is that it's 25 degrees out.

My local weatherman just confirmed we'll have showers for the race.  The anchorman asked if he was running it and he said, "Supposedly.  I don't know if I'm going to run now if it's going to be raining".  LOL!  But, then the best part was the anchorwoman said, "Sugar melts.  He can't be outside if it's raining".  I sometimes used that phrase during field hockey season.  When there would be rain in the forecast and people would ask if practice was cancelled, I'd respond, "You're not made of sugar".  I love it!

Hoping to get some logistical things done today and take a nap or two.

Scott, Enjoy the rest day.  It looks like we will get some rain.  (Sigh).

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jojo61397

Scott and Julia, enjoy your rest day.

I have another rest day.  Gotta love multiple tapers going on.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning! Happy Pi Day everyone!

Enjoy your rest Scott, Julia and jojo!

Julia: we used to use that saying about sugar also, back in high school X-C when we had to run in the rain. Hope your hamstring and the congestion work themselves out. I'm a tiny bit congested, too. Going to pick up some medicine for that today. Thanks for adding the Peachtree.

I'm going for an easy 4 later. I'm going to rest tomorrow. Also going to the expo tomorrow, as soon as it opens, to get that out of the way. Had thought about resting the day before the race, but I think the short run very early the day before (with the short part at max effort to prime the muscles for carbo-loading) will be better to have the legs feeling fresh.

Dress rehearsal run went well yesterday. I overshot the paces at first because they felt so different on legs that are pretty rested. When I first started the easy part, I was running at MP, so I worked to slow it down, then when I first started the MP part, I was at around 8:20 pace, which is clearly not my MP. Managed to find the correct pace for that, too. The second MP mile had a decent-sized hill, so I got to practice slowing down  without panicking, ha. I got a free tech shirt at the store for showing up to at least 4 of the 8 Wed night runs they had before the marathon. It's a cute Brooks shirt that says "Run Happy Training Group" on the front and has the store name and logo on the back.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Brains aint me forte

I'm going for an easy 4 later. I'm going to rest tomorrow. Also going to the expo tomorrow, as soon as it opens, to get that out of the way. Had thought about resting the day before the race, but I think the short run very early the day before (with the short part at max effort to prime the muscles for carbo-loading) will be better to have the legs feeling fresh.

Dress rehearsal run went well yesterday. I overshot the paces at first because they felt so different on legs that are pretty rested. When I first started the easy part, I was running at MP, so I worked to slow it down, then when I first started the MP part, I was at around 8:20 pace, which is clearly not my MP. Managed to find the correct pace for that, too. The second MP mile had a decent-sized hill, so I got to practice slowing down  without panicking, ha. I got a free tech shirt at the store for showing up to at least 4 of the 8 Wed night runs they had before the marathon. It's a cute Brooks shirt that says "Run Happy Training Group" on the front and has the store name and logo on the back.

Have a great day, everyone!

I just want to point out that you are awesome. That's it, back to work.

Is this a federal holiday?

10 done earlier.  I am at 161 for March and hoping for a mileage PR.  Work is super busy!

Brains aint me forte

Is this a federal holiday?

10 done earlier.  I am at 161 for March and hoping for a mileage PR.  Work is super busy!

If it is, no one told me or the rest of the people in my office.

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: I'm awesome? Wow, thanks! Smile So are you! Really hope we both have awesome races this weekend!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

JoJo,  Enjoy the rest day.  Yes, a whole lot of tapering going on around here.  But, not a lot of madness, which is nice.

Swift, I second Scott's assessment of your awesomeness.

Marco, I wish it was a holiday.  I don't think we get another one for a while.

So far, I've managed not to run.  It's been a real challenge.  But, I've cleaned most of the house.  I also managed not to text my friend and go to the expo with her today.  I'm already planning to go with another friend tomorrow.  I can't go both days!

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  Another SRD most likely, as we are sightseeing a lot.  Looking forward to run sometime before Sunday!!!!

Have a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...very busy today, only managed 6 miles on the TM, and did get the additional 5 last night. I'll try to catch up with you all tomorrow. Be well, stay sane, healthy, and confident.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Brains aint me forte

So far, I've managed not to run.  It's been a real challenge.  But, I've cleaned most of the house.  I also managed not to text my friend and go to the expo with her today.  I'm already planning to go with another friend tomorrow.  I can't go both days!

I bet you didn't make it all day without running.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I bet you didn't make it all day without running.

Don't encourage her, she needs her rest...and I'm after her streak and have a lot of days to make up Smile

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Brains aint me forte

I was encouraging her not to run. Reverse psychology.