Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 5/10/13 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

May:

IPatti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Docket Rocket - 5/11 - Lou Gehrig's Disease 10K

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning!  Happy Friday!

Cruise intervals on the schedule for me today.  I'm not really psyched to do speedwork after that tough interval session earlier in the week but...  I'm looking forward to resting up this weekend.

I see JackDyl posted his race report!  Gonna get my coffee and do some reading.

How are you feeling today, RVD?

Run the mile you are in.

Good morning,

Julia--hope the intervals go well for you later.  I'll be reading jackdyl's RR in a few, also.

RD for me today.  However, I will only be at the office two days next week and today will be busy preparing for my absence.  It should be a long day today.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  Another RD for me.  Looking forward to my massage this afternoon. :-)

Julia - I hope the intervals go well. Resting this weekend?

Marco - Enjoy the RD. I hope work goes easier than expected.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: Hope the intervals go well!

marco: Good luck getting everything done at work.

Scott: Enjoy the RD and the massage. Smile

Good luck ahead of time to everyone racing this weekend (not sure when I'll make it back here)!!!

Morning came early for me, as I got up for the BoMF run after a little less than 4 hours sleep. Today will be a very long day for me, as I'll be working until 10 pm (don't have to go in for a few hours yet, though...but I have a lot of errands to do this morning).

I got in about 8 total, because I got a nice run in after BoMF. Did 7 hill sprints after. The shin didn't feel too bad.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Good morning folks. I was completely wiped when I got home after work and actually took about an hour nap and then had a light dinner before heading out for my run. I got in 6 miles in the pouring rain and felt good during the run. This evening I'm meeting the friend who's training for Leadville to run about 8-10. I'm not sure if this headache/stuffiness/fatigue is just allergies or if I'm coming down with something. Oh well, can't do anything about either case so I'll just keep on going.

Julia1971- I hope the cruise intervals go well later on today and I hear you on the lack of motivation on speedwork right now. Though the legs feel ready, my attitude isn't quite there yet.

marco59- Enjoy your RD and I hope the weather cooperates for you this weekend for the race. I almost dread being gone from work as well since it pushes me into a frenzy to wrap things up before leaving and I know I'll have a pile of stuff accumulated during my absence.

ImNotScott- Enjoy your restful massage day.

not too swift- That's fine work on getting in the early 8 along with the hill sprints. Sorry to hear you've got a long day ahead on just a little bit of sleep last night. Hopefully things will go well and the day will be uneventful.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just B.S.

Morning guys.

Swift, hope the shin is still feeling OK.

Bruce, yesterday I was 100% sure I was getting a cold. Felt so miserable I actually took my first

rest day in a week from all exercise. Today it is overcast and drizzling and the road is covered with

yellow pollen from yesterday (therefore not floating in the air) and I felt almost normal!LOL Bet

it's the allergies.

Julia, enjoy your weekend

Jack, freak man you are speedy. Huge congrats!! We have a young fella here that runs about your times

and it's just amazing to watch him run. I bet people think that when they see you.

Scott, jealous about the massage, enjoy.

Marco, see you Sunday!! 

As I mentioned above I took a much needed rest yesterday. Just felt so awful from the allergies I didn't have

the energy to run plus I had an appointment, went to lunch with hubby and then we went to a dinner party last

night and didn't get home until 10pm. So I guess it wasn't such a rest day after all.

Took it easy and slow in the pool this morning and stopped myself at 1,000 yards. Need to save some

energy for the marathon.

Doing 4 super super easy miles this afternoon.

Going to be heading down Marco's way tomorrow and on the road most of the day so don't think I will be

back here until Monday morning.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD today. Chiro appointment and grocery shopping tonight, so no time.

Julia, hope your cruise intervals went well.

marco, sorry for the long day.  Enjoy the RD.

Scott, a massage?  I'm jealous!

swift, nice runs.

Bruce, nice run notwithstanding the nap and all.

Beth, hope your allergies are doing better!  I couldn't breathe well last night from them.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

NTS - Good job getting your miles in early.  I hope your long day goes as well as could be expected. :-)

Bruce - I love running in the rain when the temps are up. Enjoy the 8-10 later!

Beth - Enjoy the shake out run today and safe travels to your race!

Although I haven't been running, I have been taking the dog for a one mile walk just about every night.  I guess that counts for something right?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Hey Runnin Freaky Deaks,

I'm off today. I was suppose to do 6 easy but taken a URD instead. Got girly issues and not feelin too good. If I"m feelin better tonight i'll get out there. I'm feelin real guilty right now about not runnin. I"m sure my guilt will get the best of me and i'll be out there later. its suppose to storm all day. Hopefully it'll clear up some so I can get out later (if I'm feelin better by then)

julia - enjoy the tough workout.

marco - hopefully your day isn't too long. reading your post reminded me of when I used to work for walgreens: when I was gettin ready to go on vacation I always got ahead of the schedule. it took a lot of work on my part but it always paid off in the end. When I would come back I would only be a week behind instead of 2or 3 cause the boss's didn't want to do my stuff.

imnotscott - enjoy your RD. looks like quite a few of us are bein lazy today.

nottoswift - killer job on the 8. glad the shin is holding up

bruce - hope you feel better by tonights run.

justbs - I feel ya on the allergy thing. I can't afford the shots so I take the otc meds. they help but I would love to beable to get the shots again. I used to get the shots, take 2 different nose sprays, allegra, claritin and zyrtec. Now that the pills are over the counter it's easier for me but the nose sprays haven't been cleared yet. they are workin on gettin flonase as an otc. that would be awesome. the weather here is crazy so it's reaking havoc on mine. the grass count has been high and tree pollen too, plus i"m allergic to cats (go figure) so my allergies are havin a party.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

Xposted with docket - I was suppose to get professionally stretched today but the lady who does it is extremely hard to get a hold of. I text her yesterday (she said this was the best way to contact her) and asked her what her address is. I have not yet heard back from her. It takes her days to get back with me. its really frustrating. how does she run a business like this. Anyways, I'm not gonna go (since I'm not feelin well) Plus I won't feel too bad cause she hasn't given me address to go.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just a quick pop in...I may end up with a second rest day if I can't squeeze an early evening run in. I'm feeling a little guilty about it, but I think I have a fair amount of mental fatigue left from the race so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Have a great Friday!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Quick pop in here - taper crazies are in full swing for me.  My marathon (Poconos) is now Cleveland due to an issue with their course involving running on roads open to traffic (not when I'm racing, thanks!).  I feel like an overweight slug Smile  5 overweight slug miles here slogged out over 43 ish minutes this morning Smile

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Julia1971

The cruise interval workout was rough.  It was one of those runs that felt like work.  I got hardly any enjoyment out of it.  Sad  But, I did it and in a pretty good pace.

Marco, Hope you didn't have to stay at work too late.

Scott, I bet you're feeling great right about now.  I'm so jealous!

Swift, 10pm...  Oof.  That's late.  Glad to see the shins are feeling a little better.

Bruce, Way to rally after an evening nap.  I probably would have just gone to bed.  Smile

Just B.S., Happy travels!  I can't wait to hear how you all do this weekend.

D_R, Ugh, I should really go grocery shopping, too.  Thanks for the nudge.

CC, Hope you're feeling better.

SIAR, I ran when I felt like it after my marathon.  There's no point in forcing yourself back sooner than you're ready.  Unless you're running a race a week like I did.  LOL!  Don't do that.

Sprinkles, Hey!  Sorry to see your race got messed up.  Way to get those miles in despite feeling sluggish!  I was feeling that same way today but am glad I did it.

Run the mile you are in.

Just checking back in after running with the friend of mine who is training for Leadville. We actually ran on trails ... up & down hills ... through briers & bogs ... around tree roots & rocks ... down single tracks and trailblazing when it got too wet. It was an awesome ... yet humbling 8 mile run with a good friend I had not run with - other than that short 2-3 miles when we met last week by chance.

After our run we chatted more about training and though I knew he was seriously fast we've never actually talked about his racing experience. His last marathon was 3 years ago and he was coming off an injury and stopped mid-race in the medical tent to have a kink worked out of his thigh/hip. He still finished in 3:01! He's 42 and also runs about a 17 minute flat 5k and last time he ran the mile he did it in 4:38. Yikes!

We're going to try to get together at least every other week to run the trails again.

Train smart ... race smarter.